More questions 4 Team Green Moms..

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By farmfourmama
  • 1 Post By rcjh12
  • 1 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By phantomsgrl11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 06:17 AM
Rochelle
Why are you team green?

Have you ever experienced finding out during pregnancy? If yes, did that experience have anything to do with your decision to be team green this time?

How have things been with you thus far?

Do you have a feeling about what this one is? (two for you, crawmommy )

Anyone in your life giving you an especially hard time about this? How do your family/friends feel about it in general?

Have you purchased anything for baby/ies yet? Feel free to add pictures!

What do you refer to baby/ies as?

Last edited by 4hearts; February 1st, 2013 at 06:20 AM.
February 1st, 2013, 08:31 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hearts View Post
Why are you team green?
This time because my husband doesn't want to know. The other three we agreed on not knowing.

Have you ever experienced finding out during pregnancy? If yes, did that experience have anything to do with your decision to be team green this time?
No but I want to this time!

Good but a week from today is my ultrasound and I'm VERY VERY TEMPTED!

I think it's a girl( and I will be disappointed if it is)

Anyone in your life giving you an especially hard time about this? How do your family/friends feel about it in general?
Actually I get the most flak when I say I want to find out! Everyone thinks you should wait and have the surprise!

No lol and probably won't till I'm seven eight months.. Not real excited till I can finish our basement and start organizing

The baby. Him. Her. Lol
4hearts likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 08:54 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Why are you team green?
Eh, we like the suspense and DH getting to say "it's a..." In the delivery room.

Not technically ... Our tech kinda let it slip with our last one, but we weren't positive until birth. We've been team green for all our babies.

Ups and downs per normal. All three of my pregnancies have been very different experiences so far.

Nothing too strong yet, but I'm leaning toward boy.

Not so much. By the third one they've learned whining to us won't change our minds.

High chair and bumbo for cheap. We will start buying soon, though.

Omega, as in the LAST one
4hearts likes this.
February 1st, 2013, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Why are you team green?
Because I love the mystery

After my first induction failed and we were waiting a few more days to try again I was in a really low place. We had an u/s to make sure that everything with the baby was okay (it was 100%). I made a snap decision that I wanted to know then because I needed a pick-me-up and because I felt that calling our baby by his name would encourage him to come out.

Rocky in the beginning but getting much better.

Do you have a feeling about what this one is?
Honestly, no. I'm saying girl because it would be nice to have a girl. I knew from the moment I got pregnant that I would have a boy last time. This time I did not get that immediate "knowing feeling". I'd love another boy because boys are soooo easy but I also really want a little girl! I see ruffles and bows and I get so jealous! lol

I get a lot of "I could never do that" "that would drive me crazy" "you're crazy" lol I try to ignore it.

Have you purchased anything for baby/ies yet?
Just a few very general things. Last time I bought a lot of things that I thought we needed/would use and then we ended up just putting them in a closet somewhere.

"Belly baby" but no real nickname. We couldn't come with one for Alex either.
4hearts likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 1st, 2013, 09:39 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjh12 View Post

Omega, as in the LAST one
February 1st, 2013, 10:13 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol i love the Omega nickname too! Haha

February 1st, 2013, 10:22 AM
Rochelle
Why are you team green?
DH has so declared it. I'm alright with it. I see the good points. He really likes the anticipation and surprise.

We found out with DS but DH wasn't happy about it. But we did team green before that and have since then too. It really has no bearing on our decision.

Meh, not great but not horrible. Pretty stressed but working through it.

I think boy but then I get a random girl feeling. I think it's bc I'm afraid it is a girl. Not bc of me wanting a boy but bc DS and DH want that so much. I'm seriously ok either way.

They're pretty used to it and say the typical things like Merinsun mentioned.

Just a handcasting kit and the silver coin DH bought.

"The baby". Pretty unoriginal, I know.
February 2nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why are you team green?
We like the suspense and DH loves being the one to announce it to me and to go out and tell all in the waiting room.

No, we decided with our first to wait as well. I think some things are just meant to be a surprise. =)

Great - much easier this time around. I think I am far more relaxed.

I say boy - DH says girl just to play devils advocate. LOL

Most of my family agree you should wait until the birth to find out the sex. DH's family is a little bit of a pain in asking but then again their a bit of a pain about everything. LOL

Not yet - I wil be getting a sit n stand, a new pack n play and a swing but other than that we are pretty well set.

JD's baby. Thats what my son calls the baby. He asks when jd's baby is coming. So we all started saying oh jds baby is really kicking today or do you want to go upstairs to listen to jds baby? It helps to get him involved and interested. He loves trying to use the doppler to find the baby.
4hearts likes this.

February 2nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomsgrl11 View Post

JD's baby. Thats what my son calls the baby. He asks when jd's baby is coming. So we all started saying oh jds baby is really kicking today or do you want to go upstairs to listen to jds baby? It helps to get him involved and interested. He loves trying to use the doppler to find the baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search