Songs

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By PregnantAtLast
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By Madison.Hailey.Zack
  • 2 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By j&jmom
  • 2 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan
  • 1 Post By farmfourmama
  • 1 Post By bribugg13
  • 1 Post By Mrs_lynn.c

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 09:45 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you and DH/DF/SO have a song? What is it? And how did it become your song?

February 1st, 2013, 09:50 AM
DH and My song is I cross My Heart by George Strait. It became our song when the song came on the radio when we first met almost sixteen years ago. I even sang it to him on our 10th anniversary when we went out to a bar...I got my shy self on stage and busted out I cross my heart karaoke to him. He cried cuz he knew how hard it was for me to do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi4O...e_gdata_player

Last edited by MamaSkunk; February 1st, 2013 at 09:54 AM.
February 1st, 2013, 10:33 AM
Bumping so it gets seen

February 1st, 2013, 10:40 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
leann rimes, how do i live was our 1st dance at our wedding, it was playing in the restaurant when we were on our 1st date

how do i live lyrics by Leann Rimes - YouTube
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 10:41 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have a song per say, but I do find it sweet that he remembers the song I walked down the aisle to, and our first dance at our wedding. He doesn't normally remember details like that, so I find it touching that he remembers those.

I walked down the aisle to Pachelbel's Canon in D, and our first dance was Frank Sinatra, I've Got the World on a String.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 12:32 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Our song is I can love you like that- John Michael Montgomery. We were in the back of his brothers car going home from our first date (he didnt drive yet ) and he sang it to me. I cry almost every time I hear it.

Our wedding song was when I said I do clint black lisa hartman-black.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our song is Lonestar's "Amazed." It was the first song we ever danced together to (DH is not a dancer, so it's one of like only a few). We used it as our first dance at our wedding.

Two others that hold significance are "When You Say Nothing at All," since my sister sang that during the ceremony, and John Lennon's "Grow Old With Me," because that was played in our ceremony too.
MamaSkunk likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 1st, 2013, 12:54 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our song is, "I Got You Babe," super cliche, I know. It became our song when we went through a karaoke phase. It also really fits us, and particularly the part about not having a lot. We got married when we were a year out of college and had pretty much nothing, but it's been a wonderful 5 and a half years. Our first dance at our wedding was Big & Rich's Lost in this Moment. He picked it and over the course of planning our wedding, I sort of came to hate it. He didn't like my other choices, so we stuck with it. It was the only detail of wedding planning he seemed to care about, so I gave in. I Got You Babe fits us so much better.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Super Mommy
If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys. We were listening to it a few years ago and we both just looked at each other and it just described us perfectly, we knew it was definitely our song.
MamaSkunk likes this.
February 1st, 2013, 02:04 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If tomorrow never comes--Garth Brooks. A little odd, but he sang it to me once and it just kind of stuck after that.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 02:22 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
The Turtles: Happy Together (yeah DH was into oldies when we started dating)
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 02:39 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At Last by Etta James. It's been one of my favorite old songs period since as long as I can remember. I about died the first time he was in my car and it started playing on a cd I had in. He started singing it word for word and said how much he loved it. Apparently it was the song that played during his grandparents first dance at their wedding so I definitely want it to be our first dance as well when we finally get married.
Karen78 and MamaSkunk like this.

February 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if we have a "song" but the first song dh played and sang for me on his guitar was Led Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven so when I hear that I always think of when we were young. Our wedding dance therefore was also Led Zepplin, "thank you." Dh picked it out as a surprise. I had never heard it until we danced to it, but I think the lyrics are nice.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 05:58 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by j&jmom View Post
I don't know if we have a "song" but the first song dh played and sang for me on his guitar was Led Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven so when I hear that I always think of when we were young. Our wedding dance therefore was also Led Zepplin, "thank you." Dh picked it out as a surprise. I had never heard it until we danced to it, but I think the lyrics are nice.
We are HUGE Led Zeppelin fans! In fact, "thank you" is probably our other unofficial song. When we get married, we plan on commemorating it with tattoos with the lyrics. One of us will get "if the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you" and the other person will get "if mountains crumbled to the sea, there would still be you and me".
Mrs_lynn.c and MamaSkunk like this.

February 1st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if its really our song but the closest we come to one I guess. It's called Speaking in Tongues by The Eagles of Death Metal. There was one day when he kept shocking me and then he played the song and we both busted up laughing.
MamaSkunk likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
At Last by Etta James. It's been one of my favorite old songs period since as long as I can remember. I about died the first time he was in my car and it started playing on a cd I had in. He started singing it word for word and said how much he loved it. Apparently it was the song that played during his grandparents first dance at their wedding so I definitely want it to be our first dance as well when we finally get married.
I've always loved that song. That's what we danced to for our first dance at our wedding. LOVE IT!

February 1st, 2013, 08:31 PM
Veteran
I'd say our song would be Susie Q as we met at a New Years party and he asked me to dance and this was the song that played ! So when it comes on he always dances with me no matter where we are ( wal mart once LOL)

However our wedding song was "When you say nothing at all"by Allison Krauss my sister sang it for us. That song describes us perfectly.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 2nd, 2013, 05:16 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Not really "our song" but it always reminds us of our wedding day when we hear the song we first danced to; Rascal Flatts "Bless the Broken Road"
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 2nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Rascal Flatts Bless the broken road.
MamaSkunk likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search