Hot Water

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By mommyandwife08
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your DH/DF/SO land himself in hot water if he forgets to get you something for Valentines?
Is he forgetful and forgets anniversarys/birthdays/valentines?
What is the most romantic gift hes gotten you?

February 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
He's usually pretty good about remembering holidays or special occasions. He sometimes gives bad gifts- Hey I got you this tv for you for your birthday so that we can watch tv in our bedroom. No, you got that tv for you, it just happens to be near my birthday. He proposed on Valentine's Day in Hawaii so that kind of wins, but the next year for Valentine's he got us tickets to the circus. It was really very sweet, so I think that is my favorite gift
MamaSkunk likes this.
February 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He has never forgotten anniversary, birthday, or Valentines day so he has never been in hot water...for that at least

The best gift he ever got me for Valentine's day was a complete package to a day spa for a massage, facial, mani/pedi, hot stone treatment, etc. I never get to treat myself to anything so it was absolutely heaven sent!

For my birthday this year, he got me a black leather coach purse and the matching black on black wallet. Again, I never splurge on myself. My purse and wallet were falling apart but I just hate to spend a lot of money on myself and usually splurge on the kids instead. So he took it upon himself to get me something he knew I would love but would never break down and actually buy for myself.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 11:20 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is really good about remembering stuff like that (which is nice b/c he forgets just about everything else). Our anniversary is 7/7 and my bday is 8/8, so he really doesn't have an excuse to forget. Easy dates. He's not a super romantic guy, so gifts don't tend to be super romantic. He tries sometimes, but it's often a swing and a miss. The best gift he even got me was a Christmas gift. It was a couples cooking class at a really nice place in DC (he got a good deal on Groupon). We sat up front so it almost felt like a private class. Each couple made their whole meal together and it was fantastic. (This was a perfect gift for me b/c I love to cook.)
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Nope he is over the top on anniversaries and holidays even though I tell him not too. He never listens.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH never forgets, but that's because I'm not the type of woman to not say anything, thinking he's planning a big huge deal, and then get pissed when he forgets. Because he will. So instead, I start reminding him several weeks before the event. I don't care if it's not a surprise, I just want to make sure we spend some time together. He's just not the romantic surprise type.

I don't expect him to get me anything for our anniversary or Valentine's day, but I do expect gifts for my birthday and Christmas. But I have to tell him exactly what I want. For instance, this year I told him I wanted a Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas, and that's exactly what he got for me. For my birthday this month, I told him I want the pasta maker attachment for my mixer. A box came in from Amazon yesterday, and I'm certain of what's in it.

In a way, it's kind of like same thing as Courtney's husband getting "her" a tv for their bedroom. I ask for a mixer? He gets homemade cakes. I ask for the pasta attachment? He gets homemade ravioli. So it really benefits him to get me what I ask for!
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 12:59 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH never gets in trouble for forgetting. Of course that is because I am not big into valentines day, I actually would prefer not to do anything. We both forgot our 1st anniversary (actually it took us 2 weeks to remember it) and have never really done anything that big for the rest of them. Sometimes we give cards to each other or do something meaningful but there is never any big surprises or anything. Normally for Christmas we just get something big that we both want for the house or something like that.
MamaSkunk likes this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
February 1st, 2013, 01:11 PM
Super Mommy
Usually we are so broke on my birthday and on Christmas so nothing special there. There have been a couple Christmas's when we're not strapped for cash and he got me a necklace our first Christmas together, and one a few years ago, the chains are broken on both of them however. One year he got me a guitar for Mother's Day, and he knew I had been wanting one for a really long time and it totally took be by surprise that he brought one home! Oh, and our anniversary and Valentine's are on the same day (cheesy, I know, it was actually the day we met!) and this is our second anniversary so hopefully he won't forget about it, but really I know how forgetful my hubby is so I'm so not expecting it.
MamaSkunk likes this.
February 1st, 2013, 02:02 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
DH never forgets anything. He is better about remembering then I am. My favorite present was a quick weekend trip to Vegas (It is only about a 6 hr drive from our house). But it was to see Cirque du Soleil which I had been DYING to see for a very long time.

February 1st, 2013, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH doesn't forget about Valentine's Day...I just requested we stop celebrating it. LOL! He never forgets our anniversary or birthdays either. He loves making a big deal out of them, even when I tell him not to. For our 5 year anniversary, he got me a sapphire pendant that's the same size as the diamond in my engagement ring and he had a bunch of daisies sent to me at work (I guess he looked it up somewhere and saw that sapphires and daisies were 5 year things).
February 1st, 2013, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dh is very forgetful, but he's never forgotten a anniversary or birthday. He's not always great at knowing what I want, but he usually does pretty good and is always sincere. He's planned getaways, spa days, given me jewelry, and other expensive gifts, but I think my favorites are the little things he does out of the blue. Like once he stopped on his way home and picked me a bouquet of wild flowers, or just recently he brought home clothes he had bought for the baby. . . Cute little pink outfits. It melted my heart.

February 2nd, 2013, 07:45 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't normally do gifts. We don't believe in celebrating Valentine's Day. We have always agreed to not do gifts for Christmas. Birthdays we usually do gifts, and DH has always remembered.

February 2nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Me & DH dont buy each other gifts but he did buy me the cd of the songs they played at my mothers funeral cause he overheard me talking to my sister saying I wanted it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search