Song Spin off

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By beatlechicksteph

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 12:37 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What was your father/daughter dance song?
Did you walk down the aisle to something traditional or completely different?

If you are not married what do you dream these songs will be?

February 1st, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My father/daughter song was Heartland's "I Loved Her First."

I walked down the aisle to an orchestral arrangement of "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney (c'mon, look at my screenname, this can't surprise you :-) )

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 1st, 2013, 12:47 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never had a father daughter dance at my wedding.

And I walked down the aisle to I cross my heart by George Strait.

February 1st, 2013, 12:49 PM
I walked down the aisle to the traditional wedding march played on an organ that filled the front of the church.

Steph that was our father/daughter dance as well!

February 1st, 2013, 12:58 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
My father/daughter song was Heartland's "I Loved Her First."
This was my father/daughter dance song, too. My dad picked it. He actually texted me when I was at work to tell me he wanted that song. I had picked something different, but oh well. Sort of like my first dance with DH... I planned my wedding in 6 months and DH's ship's captain chose our wedding date so that DH could actually be there. It just happened to be the most popular wedding date in history, so the stress was insane. I picked very little.

And I actually forget what song I walked down the aisle to... I know it was a classical piece played on a single violin in the Naval Academy chapel. It sounded amazing. I was mostly focused on not falling as I walked down the 75 yard aisle.

February 1st, 2013, 01:00 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I walked down the aisle to Pachelbel's Canon in D - I know it's a bit overused at weddings, but it's always been my favourite, since I was a little girl. After the ceremony was over we walked back up the aisle to a live bagpiper, so that was pretty awesome

Our Father/Daughter dance was "My Girl". My dad was completely sloshed and gets pretty rambunctious when he dances and has been drinking copious amounts of scotch. He spun me around the dance floor so hard, he nearly dislocated my shoulder.

February 1st, 2013, 02:06 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well at my actual wedding in October, my father won't be coming So I won't be having a dance.

I haven't decided what I am going to walk down the aisle to, I guess I better get cracking on that huh? lol

February 1st, 2013, 02:25 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I walked down to the classic, Here comes the Bride

I danced with my dad to, Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle

(Dh and his mom danced to, Mama's song by Boys to Men)

February 1st, 2013, 02:45 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not married yet but these are things I've thought about from time to time. I have absolutely no idea what I will walk down the aisle to but I'm not a very traditional person so I doubt it will be "here comes the bride".

As far as the father/daughter dance, this is another one that puzzles me. I basically have 2 dads: my stepdad raised me when my dad and I had a less-than-ideal relationship but my dad and I have rebuilt our relationship into something pretty awesome. I do know I want them to both walk me down the aisle (one on either side of me), I'm just not sure how to handle the whole dance thing without hurting someone's feelings.

February 1st, 2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
I'm not married yet but these are things I've thought about from time to time. I have absolutely no idea what I will walk down the aisle to but I'm not a very traditional person so I doubt it will be "here comes the bride".

As far as the father/daughter dance, this is another one that puzzles me. I basically have 2 dads: my stepdad raised me when my dad and I had a less-than-ideal relationship but my dad and I have rebuilt our relationship into something pretty awesome. I do know I want them to both walk me down the aisle (one on either side of me), I'm just not sure how to handle the whole dance thing without hurting someone's feelings.
My friend did two dances. One was he didn't have to be by brad paisley.

February 1st, 2013, 04:02 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I did not have a father/daughter dance..

I walked down the isle to Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra

Ashley you can have 2 dances, 2 different songs each one being special, to each person

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 1st, 2013, 06:48 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I can't remember what I walked down the aisle to. We had a harpist and DH's aunt played the flute. I was so nervous, I'm not sure I heard the music at all.

My father/daughter dance was Daughters by John Mayer
February 1st, 2013, 08:28 PM
Veteran
I can't really remember what I walked down the aisle too I think it was that canon in d one someone said! That sounded familiar lol!! We had a pianist who sang and he was lovely!

My dad and I danced to butterfly misses which was his request! Then we did brown eyed girl at my request!

February 1st, 2013, 08:47 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
Walked down the aisle to some traditional native american drumming and flute playing.

The father daughter dance was to butterfly kisses

February 2nd, 2013, 05:14 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Heartland's "I loved her first" was our father/daughter song also! Lol It was very popular then!

I seriously can't remember what I walked down the aisle to lol, I know it was a Disney song, and I think it was "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"....but I could be wrong! LOL I know the processional was the first verse and chorus of Big & Rich's "Lost in this Moment" and the recessional was the last verse and chorus of the same.

And our first dance was Rascal Flatt's "Bless the Broken Road" ....also VERY popular when we got married (2008)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search