Request for future suspected trolls

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 5 Post By MerinSun
  • 5 Post By navywifey2003
  • 4 Post By shen7
  • 2 Post By SassySami
  • 2 Post By phantomsgrl11
  • 2 Post By farmfourmama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just saw that we recently may have had someone telling about a fake pregnancy. I read the accusing posts and then looked back at the previous posts made by the user. I could not find really anything to come to that conclusion.

I was in a Due Date Club in 2011 and we had a number of real trolls and people who were mistaken for ones. I always hated to open a thread and see a gigantic scream fest where some users insisted someone was a troll and others saying that someone wasn't. As annoying as this is it gets worse when it involves a loss. Yes, sometimes people pretend to have a loss. But some people don't. We had a person who lost her baby at 14 weeks and everyone came down hard on her because they found her story on other due date club sites. It turned out that she was just a member of a few sites and her story was authentic (I've been a member of a few myself). She updated her story on all her boards and then took hiatus for a couple of weeks. What she came back to was awful.

So, my request is: If you think somebody is a troll (especially someone who has had a loss) please don't confront them in a thread. Instead, report your suspicions to a mod or administrator and let them investigate and make the call. For the sake of the women who really are pregnant and/or had a loss.

That is all, thank you

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 1st, 2013, 07:35 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
This was said by me many times in the secret garden and to several people in PMs. We were working on burying the post and I contacted Rachel personally just to have the post locked so we can move on. She has been reported several times.

February 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I have been trying to just push her post down too so we can just move on and avoid any future drama I am very glad the post just got locked so quickly!

February 1st, 2013, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good I'm glad that there's more like minded individuals

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 1st, 2013, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree. Far more important than outing a troll, is keeping the DDC (and JM in general) a safe atmosphere for support for all our members, and an inviting place for shy lurkers to join. Whether or not such accusations are true, a thread describing a loss is NOT a place for accusing the poster of lying or trolling. I wanted to say something on the thread but held back in order to not bump it. I hope we can put that behind us quickly.

February 1st, 2013, 07:50 PM
First time mommy :)
I agree. I also read her posts on all boards and couldn't really see any real clues to her lying. If she was telling the truth I feel awful for her :-( I had a situation with a woman who was commenting rudely on my posts and I confronted her through private messaging and then put her on my ignore list! That's the way to do it.
February 1st, 2013, 08:00 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I think that we will move on quickly. But it was important to get the thread locked and not have anymore posts to it. She is suspected by the mods to be a troll ftr but investigating takes time and may never truly find the truth.

February 2nd, 2013, 06:23 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I kept me mouth very quite about her being a troll.. I will call someone out, when it comes to playing with others emotions.. All the signs are there about her being a troll. Sorry you believe we were wrong or what not. But let me tell you there are more then just 2 that believe she is a troll.
kit.kat.81 and MamaSkunk like this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 2nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the girls did a great job of keeping quiet as long as they did on the regular forum, I suspected some weirdness almost from day one. But then again I've come across a lot of weirdos on this site after being on it for almost 4 years. So you kind of get an eye for it. LOL
overlinmommy17 and MamaSkunk like this.

February 2nd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Veteran
I think everyone is going to have their own opinion of this! I think we should just let it drop...

February 2nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would just like to stand by my original request

This thread can be locked so that it drops off

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search