The Walking Dead...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 10:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Who watches it? Who is as excited as I am for new episodes February 10th?? I'm soooooo excited.

February 1st, 2013, 10:14 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
I am SOOOO excited!
Gen88 likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 10:16 PM
First time mommy :)
Meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
Gen88 likes this.
February 2nd, 2013, 04:46 AM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
me! that is our favorite show. along with Breaking Bad and American Horror Story.
Gen88 likes this.
February 2nd, 2013, 04:59 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenicole View Post
me! that is our favorite show. along with Breaking Bad and American Horror Story.
I love those other 2 shows. I've been too afraid to watch The Walking Dead. The previews scare me! I have to watch AHS during the daytime. Maybe I could do that with this one.
Gen88 likes this.

February 2nd, 2013, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
AHS got too "out there" for me. But Breaking Bad and TWD....love it.
TeresaV and Gen88 like this.

February 2nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Me!! I've been very impatiently waiting. It wasn't very fair to leave us with a cliffhanger and disappear for 3 months...LOL
Gen88 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 2nd, 2013, 06:30 AM
Veteran
Me!! I am ready for it to come back on.
Gen88 likes this.

February 2nd, 2013, 07:02 AM
Veteran
Here too!!! We love us some HBO as well!! Cannot wait!! Darryl better not die!! I love him!!

Has anyone read the graphic novels the show is based on??
Gen88 likes this.

February 2nd, 2013, 07:21 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cannot wait!!! DH and I were very disappointed with this season of American Horror Story, so we're hoping Walking Dead doesn't let us down. We started watching The Following and really enjoy that show as well.
Gen88 likes this.

February 2nd, 2013, 08:44 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not into it at all, but DH grew up in the town where it is filmed. We visited for Christmas and were confused about all the new buildings on Main St. We realized they were facades for the show when we saw the sign in front of one that said, "Woodbury Town Hall." Apparently, if you visit during filming, the cast and crew hang out in the restaurants, shops, and coffee shop there.

Actually, for anyone who would be interested in visiting (apparently it's a major super fan destination for fans of the show) it's kind of an interesting little town. There are no hotels in Senoia, GA, but there is a B&B called the Veranda, which was used as the Carlisle mansion in Sweet Home Alabama. They also filmed on Main St. for that movie. And Senoia United Methodist Church was the church use in the movie The Fighting Temptations with Cuba Gooding, Jr. (Although, unlike the movie, it's a whole lot of- mostly older- white people.) They have actually filmed a lot of movies there and a couple of tv shows. You can see which ones by looking at the plaques inlaid in the sidewalk on Main St. You can certainly see all of Senoia in less than a day (so small!) but it is only about 45 mins from Atlanta. Thought I would share in case some of you fans may be interested in seeing it and/or live nearby.
Gen88 likes this.

Last edited by MarylandMama; February 2nd, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
February 2nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Veteran
I've never heard of American horror story... Must check my bell tv to see bout this!
Gen88 likes this.

February 2nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenicole View Post
Omg the walking dead and American horror story are my favorite too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post
I cannot wait!!! DH and I were very disappointed with this season of American Horror Story, so we're hoping Walking Dead doesn't let us down. We started watching The Following and really enjoy that show as well.
Yes I must say this season of AHS was not nearly as good as the first one. I still enjoyed it. The walking dead never let's me down lol. DH and I are obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
Me!! I've been very impatiently waiting. It wasn't very fair to leave us with a cliffhanger and disappear for 3 months...LOL
That's what I'm saying lol I've literally been counting the days down lol 8 more days! Yayyy

February 2nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmfourmama View Post
Here too!!! We love us some HBO as well!! Cannot wait!! Darryl better not die!! I love him!!

I know! Daryl is one of my favorites. He started out so despicable and was such a racist redneck tool (seemingly), but then you get to see what a good heart he has (esp with the whole Sophia story line - you know what I mean, Cherokee roses and all that - trying not to spoil others ) and you can't help but just love him.

I joked to my DF that we should name our daughter "Little Asskicker" like Daryl did with Lori's baby .
Gen88 likes this.

February 2nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit.kat.81 View Post
I know! Daryl is one of my favorites. He started out so despicable and was such a racist redneck tool (seemingly), but then you get to see what a good heart he has (esp with the whole Sophia story line - you know what I mean, Cherokee roses and all that - trying not to spoil others ) and you can't help but just love him.

I joked to my DF that we should name our daughter "Little Asskicker" like Daryl did with Lori's baby .
Omg I feel the same, at the end of the last episode you know when they brought him in to the colosseum, i was like nooooo they caught him! That pic is sooo funny(and true) lol
kit.kat.81 likes this.

February 2nd, 2013, 11:24 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmfourmama View Post

Ive read the graphic novels that the show is based on. So I know how it all ends lmao. And if the show deviates from the graphic novels Id be pissed cuz I hate when they do that. So I know how it ends in the books.....but if i told you all there would be alot of upset ladies....well youll be upset anyway at the ending (if they follow the books)
Gen88 likes this.

February 2nd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen88 View Post
... That pic is sooo funny(and true) lol
Right? I can't count the number of times over three seasons where I found myself shouting "supervise your dang child!" at the TV screen LOL. Considering that they're in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, you'd think Lori would supervise Carl a little better and not let him do things like wander off into the zombie-infested woods alone to throw rocks at the mud-bound undead .
TeresaV and Gen88 like this.

February 2nd, 2013, 03:36 PM
Veteran
I've read the graphic novels but I really truly doubt they will end the same!!

They haven't really followed the story truly!

Like Darryl wasn't even in the books! We are just meeting Tyrone !

And Shane story was so much better !!

Hard to say!!
Gen88 and MamaSkunk like this.

February 2nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I do not watch it as it is to creepy for me but DH is a big fan of TWD and Breaking bad.
Gen88 likes this.

February 3rd, 2013, 10:05 PM
Veteran
One week ladies!!!
Gen88 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search