No attachment...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 2 Post By TeresaV

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope I'm not the only one feeling this way. I am super excited about having a baby. We TTC for over a year. I'm not sad, depressed, or emotional, but I'm just not attached to this baby yet. I was hoping that the anatomy scan would help me out, but it's all still so surreal to me. I still call her "it" most of the time and rarely call her by name.

I'm not really concerned about this. I'm sure things will change once she's actually here, but I'm curious if anyone else is in the same boat.

February 3rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
Rochelle
Kinda here. Not sure if it's bc the other 3 take so much of my attention or what but yea, that'll all be over once baby is here on the outside.
navywifey2003 likes this.
February 3rd, 2013, 09:30 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I kinda feel the same way and I am wondering if its because I have three other ones to chase around. Im actually in a lot of denial that I will be birthing a baby in a few months.

February 3rd, 2013, 09:36 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It never really became real to me until I was holding JD last time either so I think thats just when it kicks in for people sometimes yanno. I mean I feel the kicks, I see the movement...and still even with the ultrasounds and everything its just all so amazing to me the process.

February 3rd, 2013, 09:45 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Yes, exactly that! I think it also has to do with my gender disappointment, and maybe I'm just in denial that we're having a girl! lol Even though we have a name picked out, I find myself avoiding using it. It's weird, but like you said, I'm sure it will change by the time she's here (at least I hope so!! )

February 3rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No Im the same too. I have spurts of excitement but mostly I just go through my days not even thinking about the fact a baby is coming sometimes. I think I wasnt ready mentally for this one and now all I can think about is how Drake will be when the baby is here. Its unfair I know
February 3rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am starting to freak out hardcore. I'm 20 weeks with twins the realization they are realistically going to be here in 3-4 months max and besides a crib and a few diapers and hand me downs from DD I don't really have anything! The twins room still has a queen bed and piles of stuff in it. We have to buy a crap ton of stuff and I have not even put any thought into carseats which is the most important thing... you can't leave the hospital without one! With Dd I had this all under control. Hell I don't even really know what all I need for these babies. I am feeling very overwhelmed and just cannot get it together! On top of all the baby stuff I still have not unpacked all the boxes from moving a few months ago and with work (I work on commission) I am worried about money a little. Ugh!!

February 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way. Part of me thinks its because I'm so busy between work and two other little ones. Part of it is that we haven't even begun to name her so she is usually just "the baby" in conversation. The other part is, we have almost everything we need already from when DS was a baby. It is all packed up in storage right now. We have a few things out in his closet (cradle bedding and a few outfits) but for the most part our house looks in no way like we are expecting a baby in a few months. I'm also spending most of my time worried about how Kiefer will react (I know I've said it before but I'll say it again...he is a wild mama's boy and is absolutely clueless about this whole baby thing). I'm hoping things will change as we get the house rearranged and choose a name for her.

Last edited by ashleykathleen; February 3rd, 2013 at 12:06 PM.
February 3rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
I had that mildly with my DS...I was super excited for him, but I think back then being a FTM, my then BF (now DH) was across the Pacific Ocean and all my family lived back home about 4 hours away from me...I was kinda overwhelmed going through the process of being pregnant on my own. It was all so surreal that me, of all people, was going to be having a baby. So I just went on auto-pilot, but I still loved being pregnant and couldn't wait for him.

This time, my life it totally different and I've felt super attached. I'm stressed about other things though...like choosing Vbac/Repeat Csection, stay here or go home - insurance, our portion of costs, go back to being SAHM/FT/PT, things like that. Thankfully it hasn't gotten in the way of me enjoying my baby girl!!

February 3rd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Super Mommy
I wouldn't say I'm not attached per say.. it's more like I have such a hectic life and just now finding out my daughter may have a form of Autism and dealing with that, making appointments, working overtime, paying all the bills, being spread way too thin, just exhausted in general just makes me feel too out of sorts to really be excited because I am honestly just worried about the future and what will happen not to mention my boyfriend and I are so up and down.. I am excited to give my daughter a sibling, I am just so scared at the same time.. it's almost like I don't believe it's happening, but I am sure once the baby is here everything will be great Don't worry! What you're feeling is normal xx
February 3rd, 2013, 01:38 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! It's nice to know I'm not alone on this.
bribugg13 and pamela.burke611 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search