Show us your nursery

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree26Likes
  • 2 Post By bribugg13
  • 1 Post By SassySami
  • 5 Post By laurenicole
  • 2 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 2 Post By Kim3
  • 5 Post By TeresaMomTo2Boys
  • 7 Post By Gen88
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 09:09 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
There's been so many threads on nursery ideas or finalizations! So let's gather them all together! Show us your nursery theme, idea, pictures, etc!

I've finally decided on Minnie Mouse!

Minnie Mouse Crib Bedding Set - Personalizable | Bedding | Disney Store

I'm going to paint the room in the 2 shades of pink from the set, darker on the bottom half of wall, and light pink on top (maybe white, haven't decided) and put white chair rail in the middle.

And I love, love the curtains and rods that Kim posted from PBK! Flutter Finial & Hardware Set | Pottery Barn Kids

I think I'm going to do this craft for her name/letters: There's a GIRL on the way! / Custom wall letter, with whole name on letter!

For those having boys, here's some inspiration from Connor's nursery! I totally borrowed the idea (paint colors and all) from here: Baby Drew's Sports Nursery - Nursery Designs - Decorating Ideas - HGTV Rate My Space I made the letters myself!

navywifey2003 and Kim3 like this.

February 3rd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
love minnie!! i'm going to live vicariously through this thread because other than finding bedding we aren't doing (don't have room) for a nursery

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 3rd, 2013, 09:39 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
our room, which is a queen bed and a toddler bed on the floor
ashleykathleen likes this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 3rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
February 3rd, 2013, 09:46 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We are just getting bedding but I don't know when or what.

February 3rd, 2013, 10:04 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are doing a Lion King Theme

Lion King Go Wild 4 Piece Baby Crib Bedding Set by Disney Baby Image - cci6961634 - Type 1

And we plan on getting all the stuff that matches this set...decals...wall hangings..hamper...lamp etc

We will be painting the room a sage green.

I will have DH make the name wall hanging. As for DD my DH made each individual letter and painted and stained them and he did a really good job.

Our crib and changing table are also a expresso cherry color.
bribugg13 and Kim3 like this.

February 3rd, 2013, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're doing a Winnie the Pooh theme, with browns and blues. We don't have a room set up, because we don't have one right now, we have to move first, but we have stuff that I've made gathered up:

Quilt:

Mobile:

Signs for the walls:

All we really have left for the nursery (other than furniture) is we want to get a wall decal with another quote on it. The crib sheets will be brown, and I might make some window treatments, once we know where we're living.
bribugg13 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 3rd, 2013, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We did the monkey theme with our first and Pooh with our second. Ellianna is not getting a theme -just lots of pink, ruffles, rose petals, and tulle.

A distance from the crib:

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...cm_src=AutoRel

The mobile

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...oMerchRules-_-

The curtains

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...oMerchRules-_-

Then I want a skirt like this however not at this price:

http://www.babysupermall.com/main/pr...1109-item.html
bribugg13 and MamaSkunk like this.

Last edited by Kim3; February 3rd, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
February 3rd, 2013, 11:59 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not doing a nursery because we don't have room but plan to redo our bedroom and make her area look cute.

I love this : Sweet Pea / vintage ginger peaches: Baby Girl Nursery

February 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to put our "nursery" in a small nook in our room but Trey's theme is monsters

February 3rd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here's my inspiration

February 3rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby will sleep in a cradle in our room until she outgrows it. It is bigger than a bassinet but smaller than a crib so my kids usually spend 4-6 months in it. Because of that, I truly have closer to 7-8 months before I have to have a room ready for her. She will be sharing with Kiefer for a few years until we buy a bigger house. I'm thinking of doing a grey and yellow room with accents of pink and blue. Haven't found sheets or anything yet cause I have a feeling I'm going to have to make a lot of it.

We just finished redoing Jaleigh's room. The only thing I have left are her window treatments that I'm in the middle of sewing.

I made the letters for her name

Here is Kiefer's name that I made. It matches his sheets he has right now but I'm sure I will redo this as well when I finally get started on his/the baby's room

February 3rd, 2013, 01:05 PM
Veteran
We are going to do an owl theme using this fabric http://www.etsy.com/listing/11192454...ece-set-brightmy grandma is going to make the bedding. We are going to make a blanket using blue minky and the fabric. As far as painting his room, and decorations I am clueless, except I do want to get a tree decal for his wall.

Last edited by Becca2581; February 3rd, 2013 at 01:07 PM.
February 3rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy220 View Post
I am not doing a nursery because we don't have room but plan to redo our bedroom and make her area look cute.

I love this : Sweet Pea / vintage ginger peaches: Baby Girl Nursery
I love it. In reality our kiddos just want us. The room is for us. We are for our kiddos.
Gen88 likes this.

February 4th, 2013, 11:22 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Henry won't have a nursery, but he'll get a corner of our room. I'll post a picture of that in a few months when we get it all set up. He'll be using DD's old crib. It's a little girly, but I really don't think he'll mind. I don't do themes or anything matching. I like a mix of new and vintage stuff in bright colors. Here's DD's room, back when we had the crib in there. The pictures are of a few different transitions; I rearrange everything a lot as she grows and her interests change. Right now she has a twin mattress on the floor.

We have a really small space so I have to stay on top of toy organization. Good thing I love to do it!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 4th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im pretty sure I am going to do a classic owl theme I will pick out everything once the babies get here and we find out genders. I do plan on painting the room maybe a grey or yellow before the babies get here. The babies will be in our room in a cosleeper/bassinet for a few months.

February 4th, 2013, 05:58 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We'll be doing light to medium gray walls with these fabrics:
Yellow polka dots for curtains, small graphic print for dust ruffle, and big floral as bumper and pillow for rocker

I'd like to find a rug similar to this one but one that I can actually afford

I'll be doing something like this instead of a mobile, but spray painted to match the red, yellow, and bright green in the fabrics

I'll also do his name letters. I used scrapbook paper and mod podged it with Abri's. I just have to figure out how I want it to look this time.
February 4th, 2013, 06:31 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we're going with this bedding... At least we registered for it today! Haha.

February 4th, 2013, 07:06 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
B2 will have a nursery, though he won't really use it for at least a year - 18 months so we don't do themes until toddler.

B1 picked out vintage car art at Ikea that I am using as my inspiration. Here is his bedding. Madras Quilted Bedding | Pottery Barn Kids

We just happen to have this vintage pepsi crate that we are hanging on the wall for hot wheels. this, that, and the other: Vintage Pepsi Crate Upcycle

We also have DH's old license plate we will hang up. And I am getting him this lamp. gas pump lava lamp - Google Search

I still can't find a rug I like that doesn't cost a fortune but you get the idea.
February 4th, 2013, 07:37 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For anyone looking for a rug, I highly recommend signing up with Joss and Main. It's a members-only deal site where you can find really unique stuff at a great price. I stalked them for months last year to get my living room rug and I totally love it. It's a 5x7 and I got it for $150. https://www.jossandmain.com/

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search