Taxes

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 10:06 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Have you filed your taxes yet?
Do you prepare them yourself or have them done?

February 3rd, 2013, 10:09 PM
Veteran
Our farm year end was in July! So we just have personal taxes in April! Which isn't so bad and we do them ourselves!

Our farm is getting a refund And it was actually such a loss on the farm we could apply it to the last two years!! So I'm hoping for a good chunk of change! We should know soon how much! We just put it in on the 31st!

February 3rd, 2013, 10:17 PM
Veteran
my dad does mine for me, thank goodness! I left my W-2's on his keyboard in his office so he should be doing them/if not have done them, I hope!
February 4th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will have them done this year since I have all my buisness iunk to deal with. I sure hope I dont have to pay too much in.

February 4th, 2013, 02:39 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
had to wait until DH got his w2s, they came Saturday so I will be calling for an appointment today
My uncle works for HR Block so I pay him $25 to do them for me, so much easier

February 4th, 2013, 02:58 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use Turbo Tax and I just did them last night.

February 4th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Did mine January 18 at H&R block.
February 4th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
My dad came and did ours saturday. He uses Turbo Tax! Getting a decent amount back so that will help since I need 4 new tires on my car.

February 4th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have to file twice, since we're American citizens living in Canada. The US requires all citizens living abroad to file US taxes even if they had no income from the US in the previous year. DH worked in the US until July of last year, and we sold our house in 2012. Our taxes this year are really confusing, so we're having an accountant help us. DH hasn't gotten his T4 (the Canadian equivalent to a W2) yet, they send them out by the end of February. Once he gets that, we'll send it all off to the accountant to handle.

February 4th, 2013, 05:38 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Not yet, I haven't even received any tax documents yet!! I use the same tax preparer/accountant guy my parents use.

February 4th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not yet, DH *just* dug his W-2 out of his backpack. I use Turbo Tax and do it myself. Now that I have all the tax documents, I'll probably work on them this week.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 4th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We get ours done. It got to the point where it wasn't worth our time, they got too complicated. We are still waiting on a few forms but I filled out the accountant's tax prep questionnaire so we will be good to go as soon as we get those last forms.

February 4th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Veteran
I filed online with h and r block.

February 4th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband will do them.
This will be the first year that I haven't had an accountant do them.
February 4th, 2013, 07:35 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use Turbo Tax since ours is pretty simple. We're getting more back this year than we ever have before and it's the first year we'll be able to save/spend any of it on big stuff we need, instead of living off of it. The past TWO years, DH has lost his job right around tax time. This year 2/3 of our return is going into savings for when we move and the rest will go toward big baby items and a new computer. I'm quite pleased.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 4th, 2013, 08:13 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We did ours as soon as our w2 went live online through turbo tax. We are getting a pretty amazing return. We need car matience done, tires ect. So it's paying for that and savings.

February 4th, 2013, 08:21 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We go through an accountant for 100 bucks he takes care of everything including paying the state sales tax if necessary. All I do is drop off his questionnaire and my forms and its out of my hands. It's well worth it. Sign a couple forms letting him speak for us incase the IRS comes after us for any reason, power of attorney to file for us and all that fun stuff and bam I'm out of the office.

February 4th, 2013, 09:36 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
We had our meeting with our CPA last Monday, but she wasn't able to get them put through then. Something on our return was getting kicked back out of the system because it was too early. I'm not sure what yet, but we're waiting on a call from her to let us know to come back in and sign them. I'm hoping it doesn't take too much longer. We're not getting a lot back but enough to pay off a few things and start making some baby purchases.
February 4th, 2013, 10:17 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
We did ours, we are getting a nice chunk back. But most of it will go to bills.. boo

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 4th, 2013, 10:35 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
We do our own taxes. I do mine online through H&R Block and DF does his through TaxAct.
Mine should be hitting my account any day which is pretty exciting! I love being able to pay off bills and this year we will be baby shopping with that money!

*Amanda*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search