My appointment today

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By Mrs_lynn.c
  • 7 Post By pamela.burke611
  • 3 Post By SassySami
  • 1 Post By j&jmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my monthly appointment this morning. I met my second midwife (they work in teams of two in case one is called to another birth) for the first time. She's very nice and knowledgeable, but she's also very beautiful and polished and I feel totally schlumpy next to her. I'm just imagining her sweeping elegantly into the birthing suite while I look the worst I've ever looked, lol. Oh well!

When we went to listen to the baby's heartbeat, it was reaaaaallly slow - 110 bpm - but then I felt him flip-flop and all of a sudden his heartbeat kicked up, and was up in the 150's after a minute. She said he must have been sleeping at first and we woke him up.

We went over the results of my 20 week anatomy scan - everything is perfectly normal and he's measuring exactly where he should be. I have a posterior placenta and it's several cm away from the cervix so everything's good there.

It didn't really matter anyways, since we got an elective 3D ultrasound to find out the gender, but the technician didn't put in the report what the baby's gender was. That really bugged me. It was on the requisition that we wanted to find out the gender. During the ultrasound, she told me she was able to determine it, but she wouldn't tell me, just said I'd have to wait until my next appointment to find out. We even asked if she could show us on the screen so we could make an educated guess ourselves and she wouldn't do that. So after all that discussion about gender, she didn't put it in the report. Are you kidding me? What if I hadn't gotten the elective ultrasound and I'd waited nearly a month to find out like I was supposed to? I would have been SO pissed this morning if I'd waited all that time, only to find out that she didn't include it. My whole experience at that ultrasound clinic was TERRIBLE, and then she didn't even include the thing I most wanted to know. Thankfully, barring any future medical issues with this pregnancy, I won't have to go there again. Makes me extra glad I decided to get the 3D ultrasound.

Anyhoo, everything is going great. At my next appointment I get to do the glucose screening, and then after that I start my every-2-weeks appointments. Woo! The finish line is in sight!

February 5th, 2013, 10:30 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I cant believe how fast these pregnancies are going!
pamela.burke611 likes this.

February 5th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Glad all went well at your appointment,sorry you had a bad experience with the ultrasound clinic. Some of the techs are just flat out rude cause they are not moms so they dont know how it feels to wait all that time to find out what baby is.Glad you know what baby is in spite of the nasty clinic not putting it in the record.
February 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Veteran
Erm the woman doesnt have to tell you. It's not a gender reveal scan.
February 5th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Veteran
hm, well since Joanne doesn't want to say anything to you, I am shocked by your disgusting response. I felt really sorry for you and I even came to your defense and for you to sit here and belittle others when you should be grieving your own "loss" is quite pitiful. The tech SHOULD HAVE told her the gender if that is what Joanne requested! ANYTIME I request something from my u/s tech and doctor they try their best to give me all of the answers I am looking for. You are very disturbing person and now I see why everyone is suspicious of you. Listen to your attitude. Just sick for someone who is grief stricken. Take it somewhere else you nasty troll! YA I SAID IT! BYE!
February 5th, 2013, 01:43 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Oh Joanna, your appointment sounds great!!
Our pregnancies are going fast!!

Score Pamela!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 5th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Veteran
p.s. Joanna (because the post IS about YOU): I am so happy that the appointment went well otherwise, and YES the finish line does seem to be in sight which is so weird to me because my pregnancy with my daughter seemed to go by so slow! I am not complaining though, I wanna meet my baby and give my daughter a sibling! xx
February 5th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats. As for heart rates the doc explained that normal is 120-160 or anything close. She said that when the child naps, it will go lower than 120 often. When the child is excited it will go above 160. She explained it is similar to us running up a flight of stairs. Sounds like your child is doing exactly what is healthy. Good variation.

February 5th, 2013, 05:29 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is weird about the tech. Both my OB and my peri have computer monitors mounted on the wall so you can see the whole time.

Glad the rest of the appt went well. For the record, everyone makes me feel frumpy when I am pregnant
February 5th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! How rude! We asked our sonographer at 16 weeks expecting to get the response, "it's too early" but she looked and took a guess. Dh was with me then and my parents came to the 20 week one. She was awesome at explaining everything she saw to all of us (especially my parents who had lots of questions). With my 20 week appt my dr had to reschedule so I didn't meet with him the same day and she said if she had seen anything she was concerned about she would have contacted the dr on call and have them talk to me so I wouldn't have had to wait until the next day with my dr. I can't believe she didn't put the sex on your charts or even show you!

February 6th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is pretty lame she didn't tell you the sex or anything...is it different in Canada maybe?? I didn't want to find out the sex but my tech went over everything she was looking at as she was doing it and we had a screen to look at and she had hers. Sorry you didn't have a good experiences

February 6th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is different in Canada - the ultrasound technicians aren't allowed to give any diagnostic information to the patient, and that includes gender. But from what I've heard from other people, it's really just luck of the draw with the technicians. Apparently some are perfectly ok with revealing the gender (it's not like it has anything to do with the health of the baby). I wasn't really ticked off about her not telling me the gender, I went in expecting her not to say anything. But she WAS supposed to put it in the report since we requested it, and she told us she was clearly able to determine the gender. After all the discussion of gender during the appointment, she knew it was important to us and she still didn't include it in the report. Overall she was rude and short with us, and took terrible pictures. She wouldn't let me look at the screen until the last couple of minutes, she didn't explain a single thing to us, the whole thing just sucked. That's why we opted for the elective 3d ultrasound, because I wanted a better experience, not just to find out the gender. So it wasn't even so much a difference in rules and regulations, I just got a jerk for a technician!

Anyways, like I said, thankfully I won't have to go back to them again. I did have a really good experience with the 3d ultrasound. And the most important thing is that Baby Finn is healthy and happy and everything is going as it should. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! When I'm mired in the day to day ick of being pregnant, it feels like it will never end. But when I look back over the last 6 months, it's amazing how quickly it's gone by!

February 6th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry the ultrasound tech was so rude and didn't even give your midwife the information. Mine also didn't give my doctor the gender results although she did very quickly point it out. I could hear in the curtain next to me an excited dad asking what the gender was and the lady refused to tell him Glad baby Finn is doing well though and that everything is looking good!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 6th, 2013, 08:02 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay, I love seeing the posts about great ultrasounds and I so love seeing what everybody is having.

Makes me excited like I found out what I am having or something, lol

I agree it is going by fast! I am ready for baby to be here

~Kristin~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search