Declining

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 11:01 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Are you declining any of the routine tests at birth? Or pushing them back to after you have time to bond?

February 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
declining all of them

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 5th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Veteran
I would never decline any tests that are routine
February 5th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No, I don't mind them. We will just send daddy to be with baby for anything they have to do in the nursery. We feel strongly about keeping a parent with the baby at all times. I don't know how it will work at my crunchy new hospital, but in Mississippi they had to take the baby away for awhile for examinations and shots and so on, and DH went with her. He went with her for the later tests too that they did during the hospital stay, like the hearing test and stuff. The nurses all loved him to death and he learned how to do a nice tight swaddle with 2 small receiving blankets

I have a feeling my new hospital will be much more easy going and not want to take the baby away so much. In Mississippi they seemed to think us a bit strange for rooming in the whole time and not "taking a break" from our brand new little baby

February 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
We decline the eye goop, baths, and the hep b shot. We do however give vitamin k. And do the PKU screen when the baby is a few days old.

February 5th, 2013, 12:41 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We decline the hep b shot, and I will try to get them to delay the eye goop and the bath. At least they did with Connor, but I'll be in a different hospital this time

February 5th, 2013, 12:55 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I decline the eye goop but I just delay everything else until we have had time to BF and bond and just chill out as a family together. Our hospital is wonderful about doing almost all the testing with us right there or letting DF go with baby to the nursery if its absolutely necessary for baby to leave the room.

February 5th, 2013, 01:03 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our hospital delays all tests until after family bonding time. We will decline the Hep B. I do the Vit. K because I am on blood thinners and some pass through the cord to baby. On the long shot that he has a Vit. K deficiency, we opt for it.

Dad gives baby his first bath and they do everything else in the room with you, assuming baby is not in distress.
February 5th, 2013, 01:06 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We decline the hep B also here.

February 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Veteran
why are babies taken to the nursery for?? wow. i thought that was old fashioned.
February 5th, 2013, 01:21 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We declined the eye goop with DD but allowed all the other stuff. Our hospitals here in Seattle are pretty crunchy so they waited like 6 hours before doing anything and they did it all right in our room. We'll do the same this time.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 5th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
I will be having evetything done for lil man cause with my daughter they did it all in my room. UC dont keep the babies in the nursery they stay with mom.
February 5th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySami View Post
declining all of them
this
February 5th, 2013, 01:41 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
We will not give bath tell baby is atleast 1 day old

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 5th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We aren't going to do the eye goop or hep b. I am considering the vit k. Other stuff screenings and stuff I'm not decided on. I won't be letting them go anywhere without DH or I. We are also not going to circ.
February 5th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySami View Post
We will not give bath tell baby is atleast 1 day old

yup! The vernix that coats the baby protects them. More info on that for anyone interested.
Don’t wash the baby! « Birth
bribugg13 likes this.
February 5th, 2013, 05:05 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I can look this up I am just too lazy. Why do they even put the eye goop? I forget.
Karen78 likes this.

February 5th, 2013, 06:45 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will just be going ahead with all the routine stuff. With my last c-section, I was kind of in a lot of pain and out of it for a while so Gabe wasn't with me a lot the first day. ( I know I sound like a terrible mom, huh! I wish it didn't have to be that way )

So I am planning on this time around, that I will probably be in recovery for a bit anyway... so I will just let them do that stuff and then when I am feeling a little better, I will catch up on the snuggles!

February 5th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Should I be declining any? With DS they did all the tests and shots in the room with me the only test they took him for was the hearing test and I got my happy butt and walk with them with DH help lol

February 5th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen88 View Post
Should I be declining any? With DS they did all the tests and shots in the room with me the only test they took him for was the hearing test and I got my happy butt and walk with them with DH help lol
Completely your choice on what you want your baby to have and not have.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search