Going Home outfits

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By zkat
  • 1 Post By crawmommy
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 12:06 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone trying to find a going home outfit now that almost all know the gender of our babies? Ive been trying to find the perfect outfit for taking little man home in. But sooo much clothes are still for winter weather in the stores.

February 5th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Veteran
I always brought mine home in a sleepsuit. They don't need anything else.
February 5th, 2013, 12:37 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I think I bought a really cute outfit for Connor, and never ended up using it! LOL So I have a bunch of cute outfits for her already, I guess I'll just pick one when the time comes!

February 5th, 2013, 12:48 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UMMM, this would require me to actually purchase an outfit. I still haven't done anything to get ready for the little guy. I keep thinking I have plenty of time. I have a feeling a full fledged hormonal freak out is coming in about 9 weeks.
February 5th, 2013, 01:19 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ordered a long-sleeve sleeper for Henry from old navy. It's just white with a light gray chevron pattern. My friend Wendy is knitting him a cute little pointy gnome hat. That's all we need. I didn't do a coming home outfit with DD; we were planning a homebirth so I don't even remember what she was wearing when we brought her home for the first time.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 5th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Im looking for a cute Cincinnati Reds outfit to bring lil man home in.
February 5th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't even started looking. No one will let me buy anything They keep telling me that since I'll have 2 baby showers, and tons of family sending me stuff, to just relax and don't go out and buy anything. But the worrier in me wants to go out and buy all the things I need, because we really don't have anything for him. *sigh* So I guess I'll wait until I start getting things and pick something out of that for him to wear home.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 5th, 2013, 01:53 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Since Henry will be born at home, we will have a shirt made for him.

But with Nolan the girls picked out a really cute sleeper for him.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 5th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We haven't decided yet. I think I sort of want to go with something traditional.
February 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Veteran
Summers are pretty hot here, so I am thinking of just putting him in a onesie and maybe some cotton pants, something comfy. I have seen on Etsy the little onesies with bow ties and suspenders sewn on them that I thought looked adorable.

When I was pregnant with dd, I went to baby gap and bought an adorable ladybug outfit, but she ended up being too tiny to wear it my mom had to go buy a preemie outfit for her before we left.

February 5th, 2013, 03:19 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
I haven't even started looking. No one will let me buy anything They keep telling me that since I'll have 2 baby showers, and tons of family sending me stuff, to just relax and don't go out and buy anything. But the worrier in me wants to go out and buy all the things I need, because we really don't have anything for him. *sigh* So I guess I'll wait until I start getting things and pick something out of that for him to wear home.
If you want to buy a special coming home outfit for him, then do it. Just because you are going to get a ton of stuff at the showers, doesn't mean you can't pick out something special for him.

I do agree to wait on your big ticket items, but if there are other things you love, then go for it. Especially if you or DH/SO are earning your own money.

Kat.
February 5th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I remember with M I brought a few options for onesies because I wanted to make sure I picked a color that flattered her coloring lucky I did too, I was expecting a darker baby and she was super fair and bald!!! Haha.

February 5th, 2013, 04:41 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not yet, but once I get all the clothes organized I will choose a few options.

I would live to put her in the same outfit my dd wore home, but that was in February and it is a knitted one piece. Too hot for June weather.

February 5th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not yet. I'm still in denial about having a girl after 3 boys. It's hard to believe & I don't want to buy things I'll never use.

February 5th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh hell I have not even given it a thought! I need to get it together.I am thankful fo these questions being asked bc I am apparently absent minded!!
farmfourmama likes this.

February 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Veteran
Haha love crawmommys response!! It was what my brain said when I read the topic!

I never knew what I was having with my other ones and always picked something I liked! Tht would work for either! All were comfy either sleepers or onsie pant sets. In the back of my kids baby books I put those outfits... Cause the picture of them at the hospital in it then you can hold up the outfit and see how actually tiny they were !! Just a thought!

February 5th, 2013, 08:23 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a cute sleeper with monsters on it and I am going to crochet him a matching hat So I think I will go with that unless I find an outfit I just have to have.

February 5th, 2013, 09:12 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
Ack Steph buy whatever you want!! You can always buy away and specify to people who are coming to your shower that you want say 3-6 month clothes or 6-9 month stuff.
I personally have told everyone not to worry about clothes that we need other stuff more. Clothes shopping is one thing my DH loves to do for baby while Im preg. And we have already bought ten outfits so far lol
beatlechicksteph likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search