Low lying placenta

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 01:29 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Who has experience with a low lying placenta? I got my u/s report today at my appointment and it says that my placenta is low lying and the tip reaches to within 1.3 cm to the internal os. There is no evidence of abruption. She wrote down for me to have another u/s at 36 weeks. I am so nervous upset scared ect. If I have to have a c/s I will be completely devestated. I will do whatever for healthy mom and healthy baby but this suck. She did measure a bit small at 17 weeks and 4 days instead of 18 weeks. I just need hope that it will move up. I haven't had any bleeding not after sex or anything. Sigh I'm going to be a nervous wreck the rest of my pregnancy now.

February 5th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
I had one last pregnancy and by the time my daughter was born.it had moved just enough so she could come out but I ended up having emergency c.section anyway cause my daughters heart stopped. I had her at 37 weeks so I think it still has time to move up away from the cervix.
February 5th, 2013, 02:42 PM
It's not covering just close to it and is considered grade 1. So I am sure I have a good chance of it moving but I am a worrier by nature. Thanks Hun.

February 5th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think most of them do move away as the uterus grows, even previas. You still have lots of time! Hugs hun I am a worrier too so I know how it is. Stay away from Dr Google and just relax and let your baby-growing body do its thing

February 5th, 2013, 02:55 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Mine was about 1 cm away at my 16 week scan, and by 20 weeks it was over 3 cm away. It'll move, don't worry!

February 5th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks ladies. My midwife did not seem at all concerned just wants another u/s at 36 weeks to see where we are at so we can make an informed choice to either transfer care or continue with our hb plan. But she seemed confident that it would move.

February 5th, 2013, 03:37 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I had a low-lying placenta with my 5th, it moved up out of the way and he was born safely at home. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 5th, 2013, 04:45 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
i have the same thing happen at my U/S, mine is 1.7 cm away. I am doing a follow up U/S as well. Dr thought it would grow away more as the uterus grows and didn't seem super concerned but still something that worries me a little too.
February 5th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lots of hugs! I agree to stay away from google you will just worry more.

February 5th, 2013, 05:29 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They didn't say mine was low after my ultrasound yesterday, but I did find out that the doctor was wrong when she told me I had an anterior placenta. The lady who did my ultrasound said it was definitely posterior, which meant the doctor was wrong. She said they hate when the dr's do ultrasounds bc they don't know what they're looking at. It made me laugh. I hope yours moves up!!
February 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That happened with my son. Mine was close enough that it caused bleeding after sex for the better part of my pregnancy and I was put on pelvic rest. By my 36 week u/s, everything had moved enough out of the way to even get cleared of my pelvic rest for the rest of the pregnancy. I had a normal vaginal delivery with no complications.

February 5th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I have not had any bleeding this pregnancy at all. And we just dtd this morning no bleeding. Thanks for all the support ladies! Obviously healthy mom and healthy baby is the ultimate goal but I will mourn the birth we wanted if it doesn't happen.

February 5th, 2013, 06:40 PM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
At my appt at 18.5 weeks I was told my placenta was over the cervix, but two weeks later was told it moved up. not quite sure how much it moved at that point but I do know it's moving up, so I'm not worried.
February 5th, 2013, 06:49 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a low lying placenta with my son. Like Ashley, mine was low enough they put me on pelvic rest for a while because I would have some bleeding after sex. Even though I ended up with a c-section anyway, it wasn't because of the placenta! It moved up away from the cervix by the time I delivered I am sure it will move back up where it should be

February 5th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Rochelle
I know nothing about this subject but still wanted to wish you luck with it moving to where it needs to be soon.
February 6th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
you probably remember my little freakout session after my anatomy scan about my low lying placenta (1cm away from the cervix and anterior). My doctor said 2cm is safe to have a vaginal delivery so you only have .7 to go! I'm trying to stay really calm but educating myself as much as I can about c-sections so I can prepare myself for the possibility. Do you think they could do an u/s sooner just to see? I know mine is going to be done at 28 weeks. I think waiting till 36 would make it more nerve wracking because your on the fence for so long. I will be requesting one around 36 weeks if it hasn't moved at 28 weeks. Hoping yours (and mine!) move. I know a vaginal delivery is very very important to me but obviously a healthy baby and mom trumps that. That's what I keep trying to remind myself. I'd say prepare yourself as best as possible for any outcome but stay positive about the fact that it very likely will move
Karenna likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 6th, 2013, 06:56 AM
I will ask at my next appointment about having one sooner. Maybe 32 weeks or something like that. I'm really trying not to worry too much since it was just the tip of the placenta but its hard not too.

February 6th, 2013, 07:10 AM
It is really hard not to. I find myself feeling okay and positive and some days really upset thinking about a c-section. It legitimately terrifies me and the recovery time etc. sounds so unpleasant. Hang in there. Everything will work out

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 6th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Recovery time is what I am terrified of, my husband only gets 10 days baby leave. He could always take more but I rather he didnt have too.

February 6th, 2013, 07:30 AM
DH is only getting 7 days off so I totally understand.....4-5 of those would be me in the hospital and I really don't know what I would do when I got home. Do you have family near by? If it does happen I will be asking my mom to stay with us for a week to help get DD ready and off to school and possibly pick her up in the afternoon. Not ideal because I love privacy and bonding with baby alone but there would be few other options

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search