Nervous

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zkat
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Veteran
So I was just thinking.. my anatomy scan is on Thursday and I am a ball of nerves. Honestly, I would be happy either way to have another girl or to have a boy. For me, I can see the totally awesomeness in both situations. I am just happy to give my daughter a sibling, as I feel it will be really great for her.

However, I was talking to my mom last night and she openly expressed her wishes that the baby is a boy. I mean really, she's expressed this from day one. She had me perform wives tale after wives tale and had me take an intelligender test.

You see, I have a brother and a sister and there are 6 live grandchildren in my family and out of the 6 grandchildren 5 of them are girls and only one is a boy. So my mom is pretty adament and blatanly clear that she wants one more grandson. For my boyfriend's family it does not really seem to matter. Chloe (my daughter) is the only grandchild for his family (he has one sister who has no children yet) and so they say while it would be cool to bring a boy in to the mix, anything is a blessing. My boyfriend's dad and his stepmom had twins (girls) very shortly after Chloe was born but I mean no one has said what they prefer. They seem to be happy either way.

My mom is like team boy to the maximum, she even calls my baby by the boy name my boyfriend and I picked.. and on top of it she keeps repeating that she does not want Chloe to have any competition girl-wise (like that would even happen??) so.. ya she will be there on Thursday and if there's no weenie (lol sorry)... I am scared of her reaction and how it will affect the whole experience in general. Any thoughts? I love my mom, we are like best friends.. but her character is very out there, think reality tv.. no joke. Thanks ladies
February 5th, 2013, 03:21 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I think that everyone will be thrilled either way. I don't have any advice though if they are not. Huge hugs Hun!

February 5th, 2013, 05:58 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you really think she will be drama at the ultrasound, tell her she can't come unless she can only express joy for either sex.

I bet in The end, she will be happy no matter what
Karen78 likes this.
February 5th, 2013, 10:33 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom was dead set that this baby was a girl. She was referring to her as a she and talking about how excited she was going to be to have another girl in the family. Whelp! He had a little weenie, lol.

It took her a while, but she has come around to the idea and she is over it. Now my sister is pregnant and she gets to deal with my mama's girl-craziness! I am sure that your mom will come around too if you are having a girl. But cross that bridge when it comes, lol

February 6th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
If you really think she will be drama at the ultrasound, tell her she can't come unless she can only express joy for either sex.

I bet in The end, she will be happy no matter what
Yeah, I wouldn't let her come to the u/s if I thought she might act ridiculous. It is your choice to let her accompany you.

February 6th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I was worried about the same thing. Everyone thought it was a boy and wanted a boy and I was so so scared they would be upset or less happy if it was a girl. Now it IS a boy, but I know for sure that out of everyone my mom would have been over the moon with a HEALTHY baby. If you really think she might upset you if it doesn't go her way then don't have her come but otherwise I think people talk a big talk before you find out and once they know they're just excited for a new grandbaby/family member regardless of the gender Best of luck! Cant wait to hear what your having

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 6th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Super Mommy
Yeah, if she's going to be a downer if the baby is a girl I wouldn't bring her. You just don't need that kind of baloney.
Karen78 likes this.
February 6th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Veteran
Thank you for all of your advice ladies! I really want my mom there and you all are probably right, like even if she is hoping it's a boy, I am sure she would be excited either way. I hope lol We will see! I won't hesitate to tell her to kindly leave if she shows any open disappointment xx
February 6th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Or you could have her leave the room when they look for the gender. Then you can have your own reaction with no distractions, and then let her come back in and tell her yourself. I just don't want her to ruin your moment of finding out. It's such a special thing! I know it'd only be a few minutes later, but you'll remember that moment when the tech says "it's a boy/girl" forever! I wouldn't want it spoiled by my mom saying "oh MAN....really?" or something.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search