Back from anatomy scan... Confused!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SassySami
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let me start by saying that my cousin had an u/s at 18 weeks and was told boy, then yesterday at her anatomy scan they told her it is a girl. There are 4 of us in our family who are pregnant and due in June and July. All of us were told boy early on. My sister in law (due in July) was told boy and now after our cousin's was incorrect, she is freaking out. I've been calm, certain that ours is a boy. Below is a picture of our early gender scan at 16 weeks, followed by today's pics from the anatomy scan. It definitely looks like boy, but what is the bottom picture of??

Another boy shot

What is this? I know it looks like a girl's part, but I don't even know if this is between the legs?? Anyone know what the CL means?

Any ideas?
February 5th, 2013, 04:22 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I have no idea what that is.

February 5th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I have no idea what that is.
You think boy though right?
February 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Yea I'm sure it's a boy I don't think the other part is between the legs.

February 5th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I didn't think so either, but it was the next pic on my cd after the gender shots and I was like omg what is that!? lol
February 5th, 2013, 04:42 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You def. have a boy. I am not sure the bottom pic is even a gender shot. My perinatologist labeled all the body parts at our anatomy scan and printed for my OB, so maybe he put it with your prints by accident? I cannot think about what anatomy they would check that starts with a C though.
February 5th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I'm not even sure what parts I am looking at. Lol

February 5th, 2013, 04:49 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
that is ci, it means cephalic Index. which just means round head

I think the lines you are seeing maybe his lips, like he is opening his mouth.. the top line is his spine then to the right is his butt. To the left is his head, you can see his lips, nose and eyes
navywifey2003 likes this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 5th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I don't know what that bottom picture is either. I know I didn't see that when he was looking between the legs. He definitely looks like a boy. I was just shocked to see those 3 lines grouped with my boy shots. I'm glad you girls don't sound iffy about it!
February 5th, 2013, 04:50 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe they just accidentally gave you a picture that was a measurement of some sort? I know when I had mine yesterday she took all these pictures with abbreviations on them, but I only got like 5 pictures on the cd. So maybe it was just an accident? I have no idea what that means though!?

But I agree he's still a boy!
February 5th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Oh, thank you Sami!
February 5th, 2013, 04:54 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After my ultrasound was over the tech left and the doctor came in and did some re measurements including checking my cervical length - the last photo he took for my docs was a picture of my cervix with the words CL - I didnt get a copy of that photo but I know it went in the file for the doc. That is the first thing I thought of when I saw CL cause thats all mine said but it was two capital letters not Cl

February 5th, 2013, 04:57 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
CL means cervical length. They measure y all all the appointments. You are definitely having a boy.

February 5th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I think Sami is right, it is CI.. I just looked at it and read CL.

We got all of the pictures on the CD including all the measurements so it's hard to tell what I'm looking at on most of them!
February 6th, 2013, 06:43 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Sorry...lurking....

CI is what it says and it stands for "cord insertion." The three lines you see are his three vessels of the cord (which is normal and healthy). They take a picture of it to see where the cord attaches to the baby and where it attaches to the placenta so they can make sure all is healthy with the lifeline (i cant tell which pic this is of, but would guess its the attachment to baby). But it always presents as three lines unless it's a two-vessel cord, which is also fairly normal and only a minor complication.

I hope that reassures you That baby couldn't be more BOY if he tried
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.

Last edited by ashj_1218; February 6th, 2013 at 06:47 AM.
February 8th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Mommy to Be
I was told at my appointment that they think its a girl but theyre unable to give me the photos or tell me its a girl or its a boy

February 9th, 2013, 07:21 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
i think its def a boy... not sure what the last picture was but might be a bad angel or something

February 9th, 2013, 07:36 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Yeah that's definitely a boy. My gender shots aren't nearly as obvious as yours are. My tech was like "It's small, but it's definitely a penis." Thanks
Gen88 likes this.
February 9th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't worry about it not being a boy. If you really want to know just save the pic for your next appointment & ask the dr. to tell you what the last picture is. They are rarely wrong with boys and your pictures seem pretty obvious!

February 10th, 2013, 04:59 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
CI is what it says and it stands for "cord insertion." The three lines you see are his three vessels of the cord (which is normal and healthy).
Exactly! I have tons of video with this because it is at the cord insertion that this baby has problems. Sometimes it is easier to see the attachment point inbetween the legs than it is from the side.

That is definitely a boy too. I have a sil that was told she was having a girl and was surprised when "HE" was born. It just depends on the baby's position and if they can get a good view. They wouldn't even guess with this one because they couldn't distinguish boy or girl parts for sure, we had to wait for the amnio results to know.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search