Baby movement and location

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By edgeofelise
  • 1 Post By MissyBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been feeling baby move VERY LOW for the past month. Last week I started feeling him move on the outside still VERY LOW. There have been a couple times I felt little taps closer to my belly button, but only a couple. Yesterday, at our anatomy scan, I asked the tech to tell me where the baby was. I expected him to tell me he's super low. He said his bum left of my belly button, legs to the right of my belly button, and head down low, but "not very low". I never thought he would be up in my belly lol which is probably stupid to think his whole body would be that low. I'm sure he switches positions all the time, but during the scan, I still kept feeling him low. Maybe his hands were down there? Why aren't I feeling anything high up? He said everything looked normal with the placenta.
February 6th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Do you know where your placenta is? That could be blocking kicks up high. Mine is low and anterior so I don't feel much of anything low in the middle. But most of my movement is 3-4 inches above my belly button and the strongest on the sides just above bellybutton height. His legs could just be curled up in a comfy position and his kicks might be geared in a direction that your not feeling them all that well yet!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 6th, 2013, 09:33 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The fundal height at 20 weeks (which is the top of your uterus) is at your bellybutton. So he isnt above your belly button yet really

February 6th, 2013, 09:53 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If what you're feeling is more of a tickle than a thump, it could be hands. I mostly feel Henry on my lower right side because I have a lateral placenta; it wraps around my left side.
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 6th, 2013, 12:22 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought mine was super low too, but at our scan she had that thing all up around and above my belly button. And there he was! Haha. I didn't realize he was hanging out up there. But since then I have been feeling kicks around my belly button height and movement under my belly button, which feels SO weird. And then yesterday my "bump" that is above my belly button (it still isn't rounded out yet, ughhhh) was super hard. So he must have been hanging out at the top of my uterus, because I've never felt I like that before. And it isn't as hard today.
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.
February 6th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
The fundal height at 20 weeks (which is the top of your uterus) is at your bellybutton. So he isnt above your belly button yet really
I know he isn't above my belly button. He said the butt and legs were right at my belly button.
February 6th, 2013, 01:40 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
i have been feeling her just to the right of my belly button and slightly below. At my u/s yesterday she is in a cup position and her feet are kicking the area that I am feeling her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search