When it rains, it pours

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 05:47 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sure by now everyone has seen my million posts about everything that has happened with my grandparents this pregnancy. Well, this morning, DH's grandpa passed away. We will be going to GA Friday morning for the services this weekend. He is struggling bc he hasn't seen them much since he left GA after high school 11 years ago. We make it a point to spend time with them every time we visit because they are really sweet and wonderful people, but he still feels really bad. Prayers would be appreciated for his family, particularly his wife of 60 years. I am concerned about my own ability to keep it together and be there for his family in the way they need me to be. I still cry almost daily bc of how much I miss my grandma and I'm worried that being at another funeral plus these crazy hormones are going to send me into overdrive. I'm really nervous about that bc I certainly wouldn't want to make this harder on his family. I would question whether I should go at all for this reason, but I think DH really needs me and I think his grandma would be really hurt if I didn't show up. What is it with this pregnancy and grandparents???

February 6th, 2013, 09:17 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs hun!

February 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost my grandmother when I was 5 months pregnant with DS1. It is definitely difficult to attend a funeral pregnant for some reason I just cried and cried thinking of all that she was going to miss out on and how much she was looking forward to the baby.

I think people will understand your sadness though more than they would understand why you didn't attend. My other grandparents passed away over 10 years ago and my aunts can tell you exactly who didn't attend the funerals to this day.

So sorry for your loss!

February 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Im so sorry hun,sending prayers for your family. My father in law passed away on new years eve and my husband is still strugling with losing his father and some times I dont know what to.say so.i just listen. It will take some time for your husband to greive. Praying for your family,hugs.
February 6th, 2013, 11:36 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry to hear that I know it is so hard to deal with all this while you are pregnant. Just do your best to be there for your husband as best you can. I think he and everyone else will understand that you are doing the best you can to be there for them despite everything you have going on.

February 7th, 2013, 08:52 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
I'm sorry to hear about all this - pregnant or not it's so difficult to lose loved ones.

Hang in there!! HUGS!
my prayers with be with your family as well as his!

*Amanda*

February 7th, 2013, 10:35 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am so sorry hun! I miss my grandparents so much! I will be thinking of your family!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search