Toddlers

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 09:29 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BTDT moms with toddlers are your toddlers starting to understand more that your pregnant now that we are starting to show?
Yesterday my DD kissed my belly and her "baby buther" and asked me what babys name was and I told her Tristan and she then repeated Tistin.
Today she asked me how her "buther" got in my tummy and asked me if i eated her buther. Lol!
QueenCrafty likes this.

February 7th, 2013, 09:46 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
David isnt really into at all he is irritated that he is getting another sister. Katelynn though I cant keep her away from the baby clothes section at the store! She always talks about her Payson. Everett if you ask him where the baby is he lifts my shirt. And he blows raspberries on my belly.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 7th, 2013, 10:17 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Madison talks non stop about her baby sister and started talking to her and lovin on my belly when she found out there was a baby in there. The boys aren't really into it. They're typical boys.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 7th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
M is talking A LOT about babies, mommies, and daddies. She says she is a baby and crawls on the floor and then poses and looks back for reactions we always humor her and say she is a cute little baby. I always point out mommies with multiple babies, and brothers and sisters, in books and such, and talk about how mommies love and take care of ALL their babies. Finally just yesterday M said "baby!" And I said "where's the baby?" But instead of pointing at herself and starting to crawl, she pointed at my belly, then lifted up my shirt and gave my belly some gentle kisses it was soooo sweet! She gives raspberries to my belly sometimes too

Once she said "baby?" With a very worried face and pointed at her OWN (fat little) belly I said "no sweetie, you're too little, you have to be as big as mommy to grow babies in your belly!"

February 7th, 2013, 10:26 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
BTDT moms with toddlers are your toddlers starting to understand more that your pregnant now that we are starting to show?
Yesterday my DD kissed my belly and her "baby buther" and asked me what babys name was and I told her Tristan and she then repeated Tistin.
Today she asked me how her "buther" got in my tummy and asked me if i eated her buther. Lol!
So cute! The little girls I babysit are convinced I ate the baby. The 3 year old asks me all the time if I "swallowed my baby", haha. And the 6 year old told me the other day that I was "giving the baby a shower" when I drink water. Hahaha. I love the things little kids say!
February 7th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Madison talks about her baby brother all the time. She's been saying boy since the day I found out I was pregnant. She is always saying I love you baby brother. She picked out the sports themed blanket we bought him the other day. Hailey is still to young to understand anything. But if I ask her if she is going to share her room with her baby brother she shakes her head yes. Its so cute <3

February 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eliza sort of gets it. When I point at my belly she'll say "It's baby Henry in there!" And she'll say hi to him and kiss my belly. But I don't think she's connecting that to a real baby who will be living with us soon. She has a doll that cries and every time she FREAKS out and starts crying too, so I'm really hoping she'll adjust well to having a crying babe in the house. She's a great mama to her babies, though. She was nursing one of her dolls today, then put her to bed.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 7th, 2013, 10:59 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I told Abri there was a baby in my belly and she wanted to see it. So I lifted up my shirt, and she was so confused looking at my belly. I'm guessing because she didn't see any baby in there. She then said "You need a scuba driver (screwdriver) and get baby out." I told her that's not how it worked and she said "Maybe doctor have scuba driver and get baby out."
zkat and MamaSkunk like this.
February 7th, 2013, 11:51 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol Courtney thats hilarious

February 7th, 2013, 01:16 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
B ignores me when I talk about the baby. I know he hears, he just doesn't have time for such things. He did walk in the bath this morning when I was getting out of the shower and looked at my belly funny. He also got mad when he couldn't get comfortable in my lap a couple nights ago.

I ask him if he wants a baby brother. Sometimes it's cool. Sometimes it's no. It's always less important than Bubble Guppies and Firetrucks though
QueenCrafty likes this.
February 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
My Heidi loves her baby brother already she talks to him all the time kisses my belly and rubs it.
February 7th, 2013, 02:35 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter is almost 5, so she's not a toddler. She is excited about her little sister, we talk about her a lot. She made fish at school as a project and she said she made one for all of us. I said, "oh mommy, daddy, and you" and she said "no I made one for the baby too- she is in our family now" It was so cute.
edgeofelise likes this.

February 7th, 2013, 02:39 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gabe is like Kat's son... he just ignores me when I talk about another baby, lol. Jocelyn knows there is another brother coming but she is a little older

February 7th, 2013, 03:27 PM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
My daughter was super excited about the anatomy scan today. She told me beforehand to tell the lady that she wanted a baby sister. At the end when dh and her were in the room the lady said, "looks like you're going to have a little brother!" and dd went, "Oh man, I wanted a sister. I guess we can keep him momma"
I peed myself a little I laughed so hard.
February 7th, 2013, 05:21 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
B ignores me when I talk about the baby. I know he hears, he just doesn't have time for such things. He did walk in the bath this morning when I was getting out of the shower and looked at my belly funny. He also got mad when he couldn't get comfortable in my lap a couple nights ago.

I ask him if he wants a baby brother. Sometimes it's cool. Sometimes it's no. It's always less important than Bubble Guppies and Firetrucks though

This is Kiefer exactly. He could care less and has no time for talk of babies.

Jaleigh is in love and talks about it all the time but she is 5 1/2 so she actually understands.

February 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think Anna is starting to get it. She talks about the "new baby" and Lena all time. She told us last week, "Get some diapers for Lena?" And she regularly says, "Go get the new baby, RIGHT NOW!" Haha, she doesn't get the whole waiting thing. We talk about the new house and she seems to associate the two. She will be surprised when we move next month and there isn't a baby in the house. When I ask her where the baby is, she says, "In Mommy's belly!" And she kisses my belly every once in a while.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 7th, 2013, 05:44 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Yes! Connor talks to my belly sometimes, he says her name - Peyton - and he tells her he is her big brother! It's so sweet!

February 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Drake is finally getting the idea of a "baby" in some ways. If I say where is baby he says mommy's tummy. He sometimes will lift my shirt and say no baby cuz he cant see it but has seen sonograms when he has come with me to the appointments. He can say Juliet too and I show him her room next to his. I dont think he will ever really get it until she is here but this is more than he had a few months ago so its progress
MamaSkunk likes this.
February 7th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Alie is 4 and she calls the baby "my baby" all the time. Christian is a little over 2.5 and he sometimes pats my belly and says "Hi baby! Night night, tuck in." and puts my shirt over it.
February 7th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, he doesn't have a clue. He's going to be in for a big shock. I keep telling him that there's a baby in my belly but he takes that as an invitation for "the baby" (him) to tickle my belly or to rest his cheek on my belly and try to go to sleep, lol.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search