Kids are awesome

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama
  • 1 Post By MissyBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So most of you know that I substitute teach. I mostly sub over at my old school that I worked at last year. It's a school for kids with behavioral issues: they got kicked out of their regular schools for being too violent and disruptive in their classes.

I have been subbing a lot in this first grade class all year (out of the 100 days of school, I've subbed in that class at least 20 times). In the school, classes have about 7 kids max in each class, and 2 adults: a teacher and a para. This first grade class is awesome, and the kids love me.

So today, when I was lining the kids up for lunch, one of the kids in the class, who is on the autism spectrum, was doing his arm flapping thing, and accidentally flapped into my belly. I told him to be careful next time and be aware of his surrounding and control his body. Well the para in the room with me (who's one of my friends) told him, he had to be careful because I had a baby in my belly trying to grow. The kids got so excited and all wanted to touch my belly and talk to the baby, it was so cute!

But the autistic boy just got really confused, and he looked at me and asked, "How does the baby get out of you? Do you poop it out?" My friend and I weren't sure how to answer that, so we just kinda let it go. But all day, he was asking about pooping out the baby. So finally, when his mom came to pick him up, he asked me one more time, how the baby comes out, do I really have to poop it out?? We told him to ask his mom. The para walked him down, and came back, she was laughing hysterically. I guess he wasn't even halfway down to his mom when he shouted loudly, "Do you poop out babies?!"

Oh kids, they say the darndest things :-D Can't wait until mine begins to speak, I think I might have to keep a journal or something of all the strange/funny things he says.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 7th, 2013, 06:34 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahahahaha, I work with kids with autism, so I find this extra hilarious! I work with a 7 year old who is super excited about me having a baby and even more excited that his mom is pregnant, also. His aunt has a baby last year, so he knows what it's about. (He loves to talk about babies drinking breast milk, haha.) I have never heard him mention how babies get out. I sure hope he doesn't ask me! (I would tell him to ask his mom, too, but I would probably die if he asked me that.)
beatlechicksteph likes this.

February 7th, 2013, 06:42 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love it! The little boy I babysit that has Autism told me that the doctor was going to pull the baby out of my mouth and that it was going to hurt. He also is very concerned about the baby being sad because it's in there all alone. He's so sweet about the baby.
beatlechicksteph likes this.
February 7th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have worked with autistic kids for 5 years, and it never ceases to amaze and amuse me some of the things they come up with. The way their brains work. I got a kick out of today. Made me miss working with them full time.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 7th, 2013, 07:21 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyBee View Post
I love it! The little boy I babysit that has Autism told me that the doctor was going to pull the baby out of my mouth and that it was going to hurt. He also is very concerned about the baby being sad because it's in there all alone. He's so sweet about the baby.
LOL! I think actual child birth would be preferable to having the baby pulled out of my mouth! Yikes! Super sweet about him being concerned that the baby is lonely.

February 7th, 2013, 07:26 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
LOL! I think actual child birth would be preferable to having the baby pulled out of my mouth! Yikes! Super sweet about him being concerned that the baby is lonely.
I know, right?! Haha. Ouch, for real!
February 7th, 2013, 08:33 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My oldest asked the same question until he was there when Everett was born. Kids are funny!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search