BTDT Moms a Question about Movement

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2013, 06:50 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok I think this is a more I need reassurance post so hopefully you guys will give me hope. So baby girl moves like all the time. I was able to feel her at 13 weeks which I know is common for you to be able to do sooner with a 2nd. With Drake I remember waiting and waiting and waiting, I dont think it was toward 24 weeks before I finally felt him. In womb Drake didnt move a ton, he did obviously but I felt like he was a calm baby inside, he got his head down at 20 weeks and never moved from that position all the way to birth. Im sure he moved some but he was always head down at all my sonograms from 20 weeks on. In life now he is a rather calm boy I feel compared to a lot. He loves sitting and coloring, playing with Legos, drawing on his Magnadoodle, lining up his letter books, and reading all kind of more sit down calm activities. He does like to run when we are out and Im not saying he cant be naughty because he can but overall he is a rather calm child especially for a boy. I kind of thought maybe it went in line with how he always has been since he didnt move a ton in womb either. Drake was a nightmare sleeper, we didnt get him to sleep through the night till 11 1/2 months. Thats was the worst year of my life, I was dead tired, frustrated, and working and just so tense and stressed. I am terrified all the time all my babies will be awful sleepers and I will have to live through this all over again. This baby girl is freaking me out to death right now as I feel like she is always moving. I get little kicks and jabs and pokes all throughout the day on and off and Im just so scared if she is not sleeping inside me will she sleep outside of me??? Is there any correlation you found from activity inside the womb vs out? I know my own personal experience with Drake is not like a scientific fact here but it was just an observation I noticed and now Im noticing this one is different and panicking. Drakes first year of life was a living nightmare and I truly think I did develop some kind of post traumatic issue from it (we had a ton of BF issues too on top of sleep) and was really scared to have another one for a long time and contemplated never doing it again because of it. Im still a little gun shy honestly and wasnt ready for this baby and wanted to wait another year but well here we are. In the back of my mind I keep telling myself that this child is me, I have ADHD and my father did as well as my FIL (though my husband and his siblings do not seem to have it) so the odds I feel are stacked that we will end up with at least one child with this issue. I dont think Drake has it from early observation (at least not the hyperactive part who knows about ADD itself yet) but we can see when he is older but his one always moving has got me scared.

Ok so if you made it this far thank you. I appreciate the thoughts, even if is to tell me Im nuts Thanks
February 8th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I really don't think there is a correlation. DD was the same as your son in the womb. Head down and kept her feet on my right side the entire pregnancy. She was pretty calm and didn't move constantly. She came out SCREAMING bloody murder and cried non-stop and didn't sleep the first year of her life. She still doesn't sleep through the night and she's 4. She woke up 6-8 times a night for almost 3 years........She's busy busy busy and always running, jumping, bouncing etc. She can't sit still. So nothing like she was prior to being born. My friends daughter moved like crazy in the womb and slept 10 hours a night starting at 3 weeks old.

This baby moves far more than DD did and started around 14-15 weeks (earlier than DD). I'm hoping the crazy movement in the womb will tire him out after 9 months and he'll be my little zen baby I haven't really slept in 4 years though so i'm not counting on a good sleeper hahaha
4hearts likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 8th, 2013, 07:03 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eliza was ALL OVER THE PLACE in the womb. She was even breech at 35 weeks and flipped all on her own. I didn't feel her until 19 weeks but that's because it was my first and I had an anterior placenta. She's the calmest kid ever, though she was not an easy baby. She's slept through the night since about 9 months or so. I felt this baby move at 13 weeks, too. While he's not moving all the time, he does party pretty much all night and as he's getting bigger I can feel more when I'm up and moving around, too. Just like any old wives' tale, I don't think there's any way to know who your baby is until you meet her. And from what I've heard, if there is a general rule it's that second kids are usually a little easier because parents are more relaxed and they're used to not having mom and dad all to themselves.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 8th, 2013, 07:24 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you made me feel better. Im just terrified to relive that year again. I truly thought during that year this was going to be my only child if we both were alive still when it was over.

Kalyns_Mom wow 4 years and I thought one was pretty bad. Drake is a much better sleeper these days though he will sometimes wake up and cry still but for the most part he sleeps and seems to be able to resettle himself finally without me coming in though it does wake me up still which sucks. I hope it gets better for you. I cant imagine 4 years!
February 8th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Im very glad you asked this question as the thought has been through my head several times. With my daughter, I didn't notice her moving hardly at all except the end when I would have to phyically remove her foot from my rib. I feel this baby boy ALL THE TIME!! My daughter is very calm and can just be content by herself. She slept through the night at 4 WEEKS. I have a sick feeling that this baby will NOT be as easy.
February 8th, 2013, 07:41 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
My son was not as active during pregnancy as my daughter. He is 14 now, and has ADHD and basically runs or jumps everywhere he goes As a baby, he was fussy for about 4 mos, but by 6 mos was sleeping clear through the night. My daughter moved constantly during pregnancy, I really never had to do a kick count b/c she was always going... Now, I wouldn't necessarily call her calm/quiet, but she is much easier to handle, is very responsible, hard working etc. She is 12 now. I don't think there is any correlation, at least from my experience.

February 8th, 2013, 07:50 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Liam moved all the time and didnt STTN until he was probably 16 months
This one is just as active if not more
I'm hoping theres no correlation =)

February 8th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
M was very active in the womb and did lots of big kicks. Enough to wake me up at night sometimes. She is a very energetic and active girl too. She doesn't STTN but we never did any sleep training and I don't believe STTN is that important, as long as we get some long stretches and REM cycles in, it's no big deal. She never wakes at night for long and is usually very easy to resettle, she just needs to check in and know she's safe and we are here. Her nighttime sleep has never been a big issue except for times when she was teething really badly. She is a terrible daytime napper though, she hates to sleep if there is ANYTHING going on. Definitely a very very high energy kid and I would not mind at all if baby brother would be just a tad mellower

So far I am feeling this one a lot earlier but I'm not sure if it's just my uterus being more sensitive. We'll have to see if I get woken up by 4 am aerobics routines at like 30 weeks along

February 8th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Super Mommy
I don't think there's much correlation. Isaac moved a ton while I was pregnant with him, my belly was always in action. He is a pretty active kid, he's always in motion. But he's always been laid back, even as a baby he was very chill, started sleeping through the night at 2 months and has been an amazing sleeper ever since. He's just not a complainer whatsoever. Gabe was quite the calm baby in utero, and while he was a fairly laid back baby, he didn't sleep through the night until he was 9 months old and still wakes up occasionally, maybe twice a week, and he ALWAYS wakes up before the sun (like 6-6:30am) even if he goes to bed at 10pm. He's definitely more high needs than his big brother, who is content to play by himself most of the time, Gabe needs someone to play WITH him a lot. In my experience, there's no way to tell what they will be like until they get here.

Last edited by Kyla0709; February 8th, 2013 at 08:11 AM.
February 8th, 2013, 08:29 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DD was super active in the womb always boppin around and if music was on you could see her dance and shimmy all over too. Now she is a very active little girl and sometimes acts like shes ten feet tall and bulletproof as she is sooo gutsy. She does want me with her during the day and flips if i leave the room but yet will play by herself in her room for sometimes up to an hour when she wakes reading books and playing with stuffed animals and i let her have that quiet alone time. Despite how active she was in the womb and how active she is now she was the easiest baby. Everyone with kids commented how easy she was as an infant. She slept thru the night at 12 weeks prior to that she would only wake once or twice. And when she did wake she didnt fuss long just long enough to get my attention then she would stop. She never cried during teething not even when getting two or four at a time. She was almost always happy and smiling never fussy. So my extremely active baby was extremely easygoing and then got crazy active again when she could crawl lol. Oh even as an infant she was always kicking her legs too could hold her own neck all the way up at birth...rolled all the way over at 2 weeks. Was a rolling pro by three months she would roll to get what she wanted. And crawling few days before 5 months. Standing at 7 months. Walking along furniture at 8 months and walking unaided at 10 and 3/4 months. So while she was easy she wanted to be active and mobile.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search