is anyone else keeping baby's name a secret until baby is born?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wildchihuahua

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
We want to keep baby girls name a secret until she makes her grand entrance in June.. I was going to let the sex be a surprise.. but then i changed my mind and found out.. then we ended up telling the sex.. so, this time we will keep it a secret.. only DD and DH know and i told them both not to say anything..
February 8th, 2013, 09:18 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We never tell the name beforehand. Partially we want to be able to change our mind, but also I don't want to hear any comments about it.
JadeS likes this.

February 8th, 2013, 09:18 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Us! Of course right now they are kind of a secret even from us but we won't be sharing name choices once we do decide on them.
February 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Not us. We had Payson picked out when I was pregnant with Everett and my mom hated it. I hope her she can just get use to it. She didnt say anything this time because she knew I have loved it for a long time.

February 8th, 2013, 09:27 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We kept DDs name secret until birth. This time Ive told everyone what his name is gonna be cause i am certain we arent changing it.

February 8th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Rochelle
Partially. I've chosen just my BFF and my mom to know the choices. DH and kids know obviously and I've told you ladies. Everyone else I'd rather they not know until baby is born. A couple of my friends know some of the names on our unofficial list but I haven't let them know we decided for sure. If they ask, I'm going to tell them it's a secret. heh heh heh
February 8th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can never keep that kind of stuff to myself. I tell everyone. We had decided on Finnegan Michael before we even got pregnant, so most people already knew that was what we were going with. I've gotten one or two negative opinions from people, but mostly everyone loves it.

My sister just had her first, and they kept the name secret until he was born...which was probably a good thing because everyone in the family would have tried to talk her out of naming him Daemon Lynn.

February 8th, 2013, 11:03 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I tell my JM ladies, but we keep it a secret from everyone else. Our girls don't even know the name because they would blab. This time I'm sure we would get very positive reactions, but our girls' names are so unusual that we just decided to keep it to ourselves until it was permanent so we wouldn't have to deal with the comments.
February 8th, 2013, 11:35 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't decided on a name yet, but my husband made a comment about keeping it a secret until it was born. (Which at the rate we're going, it could be a "secret" just because we can't decide!) But I told him he was crazy. I know that I couldn't keep it a secret. My sister in law & brother in law who are due a month before us, they're keeping their kid's name a secret. Except they told us. I think that once we decide, if people ask... I will tell them, but I'm not going to make some big announcement about it. That way, people who care to know & who are close to us will know, but not everyone will.
February 8th, 2013, 11:58 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will be keeping out secret (although I may tell you ladies). Last time we told DD, and she told all the family members we didn't want knowing so even she will be kept in the dark this time. Right now we are keeping things so secret that even we don't know the name yet

February 8th, 2013, 12:08 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We told but mainly because I get annoyed with all the "helpful suggestions". We really don't give a flying flip what anyone's opinion is on our name, so if they say something negative - oh well. DH's dad actually said "I guess it'll do" and DH told him "You know you will love him no matter what, so it doesn't matter if you like it "
February 8th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We don't talk about his name just bc in our minds, it is not his name until he is here. It is the name we will give our first son but not until he is born. I don't want random people referring to the fetus by that name so we have a fetal nickname based on a trip we took around the conception time mainly we just call him "the baby" and if anyone asks about names we just say we have one in mind but don't call him by it or share it yet.

February 9th, 2013, 05:14 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Quote:
We never tell the name beforehand. Partially we want to be able to change our mind, but also I don't want to hear any comments about it.
This, exactly! It hasn't always been our policy not to tell and we ended up hurting some feelings when we changed our minds about naming a certain child after a certain family member. It happened another time that we said we were going to name Baby after my MIL if we had a girl; well, when we had a boy she practically took the news like I had done it on purpose to avoid using her name. (Need I remind her that it was her son's fault I had a boy and not a girl? ) Folks generally get over stuff like that quickly, but it isn't worth the hassle. So when people ask I always say "we're still talking about it".

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

February 9th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
We've always told people the names. We've had Zackary picked out since we were expecting Hailey.
February 9th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's not secret but I don't really like people calling them by name yet. I also don't want anyone giving me gifts with their names on anything until after they are born.
February 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
Yep because we aren't finding out the gender until baby is born
February 9th, 2013, 11:50 AM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We keeping a name a secret this time...with DS we didn't - his name was solid by about 6-7 months and DH started calling him by his name first! *wub* This time, since we knew we wouldn't keep gender secret, we thought it would be nice to keep something for the baby to have a surprise on her birth day! Of course, with my close knit family, this may prove difficult because we share everything (willingly) and its exciting for us all BUT we are gonna really try and stick to our guns!! lol =) For JM ladies, for sure at some point will share...we just haven't decided 100% yet!

*A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my super fantastic siggy!!*

February 9th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think sometimes its better just to tell people the name. With ds1 we had our names picked out before we knew he was a boy and nobody said anything about our choices. However ds2 we decided we would keep it a secret mostly because it took us longer to decide on a name. One of the names I loved my sil said, "whatever you do don't name him . . ." and said the name. I was super bummed knowing if we picked that name my sil would be saying things about it. With ds3 we didn't officially decide until the night before was born, but I just told people I had picked out a name so I didn't have to hear their opinions.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search