Nursery Prep

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By zombiemommy
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 5 Post By edgeofelise
  • 1 Post By MissyBee
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By edgeofelise
  • 1 Post By zkat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2013, 11:01 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh i am sooo overwhelmed with what needs to be done. DD is being moved into the bigger room and I have to first clear out the closet and guest bedroom stuff and put that into the third bedroom. Paint that room. Switch DD to the twin bed thats in the third room. And decorate her new room. Then I need to paint the Nursery and get the crib put back together plus need to buy a new changing table and a bunch of other stuff. Plus I also need to do a complete declutter of closets and when i mentioned it to DH he complained and said it was my clutter that his stuff wasnt clutter. Which means I will do that all myself. And I was hoping he would keep an eye on DD today so i could get some much needed things done.
Whelp he woke up insanely early so that he could mess around on the computer and then tried to take a nap cuz he woke up too early. And when he naps its for 3+ hours and he often doesnt wake up until DD is down for her nap which means I get nothing done cuz if Im not quiet he flips out. And dd is a light sleeper so again I have to be a mouse during her nap. Ugh!
This is never gonna get done.

February 9th, 2013, 11:14 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our spare room will be the nursery, which has been a catch-all for all of our crap. And because all of OUR closets are already full, I am having the same dilemma. I suddenly feel like our house is too small. That or we have too much stuff. I feel your pain.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 9th, 2013, 11:23 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I know exactly how you feel...
We are moving dd into the guest room which is also "my room" for writing/art/meditation and my treadmill other workout equipment is in there... we also transformed that closet into a storage pantry for all of our surplus food and supplies, ugh. We have to get rid of all the stuff we aren't keeping, figure out what to do with everything we are keeping. Our garage is also full of girl stuff and we need to have a yard sale... and then cleaning up dd's room and walls where she has drawn all over them (something I fully encouraged)... plan on cleaning it up and then letting her draw something for her little brother. But... I have no idea when any of this is going to happen!
MamaSkunk likes this.
February 9th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We just have noooooo space I need to figure out storage solutions for M's closet that make enough room for baby boy stuff. I might need to get a wardrobe or something and just strap it to the wall. I like keeping her room all low baby safe furniture so she can have free reign in there, but for better use of space I am gonna have to go vertical...

I'm sure it will hit me more when I actually go through my huge bins of clothes and diapers and realize how much baby stuff I have
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 9th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our spare room was being used as storage too, and I asked DH to help me for weeks on end. Finally last weekend I got ticked off and cleaned it all myself and painted too! Now the room is empty and clean and painted and lovely. I'm excited to start getting stuff to fill up the room. I've been pretty lucky to find furniture and stuff I like in stores, and then find it cheaper online. Canadian prices are stupid high, so I'm ordering the big stuff off Amazon.com and having it shipped to DH's mom's house in Ohio, and he'll bring it back next time he goes to visit.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 9th, 2013, 12:58 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dude, if my DH decided to nap all day and couldn't sleep through the noise I was making trying to get important things done that'd be HIS problem, not mine. Sorry buddy, maybe you shouldn't have gotten up so early!
zkat, PurpleStar, hilachu and 2 others like this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 9th, 2013, 03:16 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have SO much to do too and I can't get my husband to help. It's like he doesn't understand these next few months will go by pretty fast! We have to clean out our spare room, which has been used as a storage space for the last few years. You can barely open the door. Ughhh. Then once that is cleaned out, we have to move the office into that room, so that the office can be the nursery. We also have a guest room that we have to actually get ready for guests. There is no bed in there, so we've got a lot to do! We aren't both home a lot at the same time, so that is making it difficult! Because he won't do it by himself and I can't do it by myself. We gotta get on this soon! Otherwise Baby isn't gonna have a room!
MamaSkunk likes this.
February 9th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This thread has inspired me. I am having DH bring down our big bins and bags of old baby stuff from the attic this weekend, for me to go through over the next week or two. There is a donation pickup day in 2 weeks so I can have that as my deadline for purging old girly stuff (minus a small amount of favorite items to hang on to). That will be a huge first step just in figuring out what I am dealing with here!

We do hope to have more kids but I think there will be a bigger gap, so I want to destash most of the girly clothes and diapers (at least anything with PUL and/or elastic!) since I won't be needing it for several years, at the least.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 9th, 2013, 05:51 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I caught the nesting bug today, bigtime. I couldn't resist shuffling all the furniture that needed to be moved to make space for the crib in our room. Probably should've waited for DH to help, but that means it'll NEVER happen. I just took all the books out of the bookshelf, drawers out of the dressers, and tried to go slow/slide things instead of lifting. I got the job done! Now, if I can just make myself wait a feeeeew more weeks to set up the crib...we'll be ready to go! Part of me thinks I really need to calm down or else we'll be tripping over furniture that won't be used for months, but another part of me remembers how hard it is to get anything done when you're huge and swollen. I want to just sit back and rest as much as possible when I get to the end. Or maybe do some actual cleaning, lol.
MamaSkunk likes this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 9th, 2013, 06:54 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to live in a world where there is time or a 3 hour nap! How in the world do they have time? And I would be ****** if I tiptoes around while my DH napped and there was work to do.

We started cleaning out the hoarders room last weekend. When I get my bonus, we are going to replace the carpet in that room. Then we can move the nursery furniture in there and buy and set up B's big boy room.
MamaSkunk likes this.
February 9th, 2013, 07:05 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
currently doing pretty much the same thing in converting our 3rd/junk room over to new baby room.
We had DS in his big boy bed for the past couple months so that helped a lot
Just had DH put all his stuff in the closet in our bedroom from the spare room with some finagling
Right now we just have three bookcases in the baby room which need to be re-done in another room , but because they are the wrong wood color we have to buy new bookcases, waiting to get taxes back before that splurge.
We have to paint baby's room and set up furniture
I want it all done now though!

February 9th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish I could catch a nesting bug. The thought of everything makes me not want to do any of it. We will be converting the older boys' toy room into ds3's room and redoing the nursery for the new baby eventually. But the more I think about all the work the more I think ds3 is just to young to get moved upstairs so he should just stay in the nursery & baby #4 can sleep in a bassinet in our room. I'm not sure what we'll eventually end up doing. I'm thinking I still need to work on transitioning the toy room just so it's ready.

February 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No nesting for me until April, at least, unfortunately. We don't close on the house until March 22. We will have a week to get everything out of our rental and then clean it. When we're done with all that, I will order nursery furniture and start to sort through baby stuff to see what we will need. I can't wait to get started bc it feels like there is so much to do!

February 10th, 2013, 05:42 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
Dude, if my DH decided to nap all day and couldn't sleep through the noise I was making trying to get important things done that'd be HIS problem, not mine. Sorry buddy, maybe you shouldn't have gotten up so early!
This made me laugh. This is exactly how I am.

Our nursery has been a catch all for a year since moving Abri up to share the room with Lily. I haven't even started with that room yet. Today my mom came over to help me go through baby clothes. All my 24 month and 2t stuff is going to my niece. Then I have just barely started with the other sizes. We put them into piles: yard sale, goodwill, and consignment. After clothes are sorted, I've got to put Abri's crib bedding together and get other yard sale stuff together. We can't do a yard sale until after April now that I'm working weekends. So that leaves May and half of June to get the nursery painted, bedding and curtains made, and put together all the accessories. I need more time!
February 10th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post
Our spare room will be the nursery, which has been a catch-all for all of our crap. And because all of OUR closets are already full, I am having the same dilemma. I suddenly feel like our house is too small. That or we have too much stuff. I feel your pain.
ditto and we just moved into this house...eek!

February 11th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just think one container at a time. Ellianna's room is also a spare room that needs a huge purge. I have a plan. From now until week 26 it is all about declutter. The paint and curtains will go fast. One step at a time.

February 12th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
Just think one container at a time. Ellianna's room is also a spare room that needs a huge purge. I have a plan. From now until week 26 it is all about declutter. The paint and curtains will go fast. One step at a time.
This really is how I need to think about preparing ds3's room, "one container at a time." I get so overwhelmed when I go in there trying to think of the long term plan. Maybe if I just thought of it as this week closet, next week toy boxes, etc, I would feel like I'm accomplishing something and it will keep me motivated to finish it!

February 12th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Its going to be a mess in.my house! We have to keep my three year old in our room till my son.moves out,dont know when that it going to happen. So we will have her and the baby in.our room and we have no closet space. Guess we have to get a bunch of dressers for her and the baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search