tattoos

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you have any tattoos? Do you plan on getting any?

My husband has my name and our sons' names tattooed on him.

I have my husband's name but I plan on getting tattoo'd for my children. My next tattoo is actually a stick figure drawing of me and him holding hands my son drew when he was 6 and it says "TO MOM LOVE ALEX" written out in his 6 year old hand writing I'm going to get on my calf.

Ill wait for something similar from each of my kids.

I have a girlfriend who got the footprints of her babies tattoo'd on her ribcage from when they were born.

I am waiting until Ive completed all the weightloss I've been succeeding at before I get my tats so they dont warp.

February 10th, 2013, 06:56 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 5 tattoos. I have one of the Led Zeppelin symbols on the left side of my lower back, a peace sign between my shoulder blades, Jaleigh's bday in Roman numerals on my right ribcage, Kiefer's bday in Roman numerals on top of my left shoulder/clavicle area, and the phrase "a sister is a forever friend" on top of my right foot (my little sister has the same thing).

I plan to get this baby's bday somewhere as well, right now I have it narrowed down to 3 possible locations. Jordan and I also have a tattoo planned or when we finally get married: it's the lyrics to a Led Zeppelin song. One of us will get "if mountains crumble to the sea, there would still be you and me" and the other person is getting "if the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you". I also have 2-3 other tattoos planned out in my head for some day down the road as well as a half sleeve a tattoo artist friend of mine has been drawing up.

Basically, I'm addicted to tattoos

Edited to add: DF has 4 tattoos: a Celtic cross on his arm, a crazy Celtic knot work thing on one of his pecks, a Roman numeral 7 on his solar plexus (for Jaleigh), and a memorial tattoo for his grandparents on his back.

Last edited by ashleykathleen; February 10th, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
February 10th, 2013, 07:00 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 3. I have a sun on my calf, a sun/moon on my upper arm, and my zodiac symbol on the top of my foot. I'm sure I'll get something for my daughter after she is born.

February 10th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any tattoos. I got really close, my sister and our mutual best friend got the Deathly Hallows tattooed on them, and I was supposed to get it too, so we could all three have matching tattoos, but I chickened out. I'm scared to death of needles, and just couldn't do it. But if I do ever get brave, that's what I'm going to do: get the Deathly Hallows tattooed on the inside of my wrist.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 10th, 2013, 08:17 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I have tattoos! I love them! I want many more!!
I have a celtic butterfly on my breast bone.
my heritage and zodiac on my neck.
Coffee cup and cupcake on my shoulder blade
cancer ribbons on my right back calf
a huge piece on my left outer calf.

My next one is one for Nolan and Henry.
Then I will start my sleeves.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 10th, 2013, 08:52 AM
First time mommy :)
my entire back is a japanese mural, a geisha, koi fish, peacock, random lillies brought together with swirls. I also have a skull with flowers surrounding it covering my entire left side of ny thigh, an anchor on one calf for my husband in the navy and a virgin Mary on my left for my grandmother. I also have a water lily on left side of my stomach with my husbands name under it, and a lily with nails driven through it on the other side which was on the cover of my favorite bands CD. my husband says I can't get anymore but if I could I would get something to incorporate my sons name into!

oh and i also have a hummingbird around my belly button that is slowly becoming a bald eagle......
ashleykathleen and Steph625 like this.

Last edited by Rissa6213; February 10th, 2013 at 03:00 PM.
February 10th, 2013, 09:31 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I have 2. One is my husbands name with 2 anchors on each side which is on my back. And the other is on my ankle I got in Hawaii while visiting Kyle while his ship was in at the end of deployment. It's a purple flower.

My husband has 4. One on one arm is an anchor with my name on top, on the other are is his Hawaii tattoo which is a gecko, a tree of life on his chest and a Celtic cross on his shoulder blade.'

February 10th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I have 9. I have a few on my back, a few on my feet, one on my wrist and left lower abdomen. But my fav is a geisha that covers my left side. I like the idea of foot prints on the rib cage. Cute idea.
February 10th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have 4 tattoos.

1st: A monarch butterfly on my shoulder. I got it on my 18th birthday and had it redone on my 30th birthday.
Before it was redone:

AFter it was redone:

2: A tribute tattoo of a butterfly with JMS on top and a ribbon under with 11-20-81 Forever Missed 7-10-01. Its in honor of my high school best friend that was murdered in 2001. The butterfly she got the morning she was killed. It was her first tattoo.

3: Is a sun and moon joined together with a band with two stars at the end. It represents Mike and I and my two m/c's. It wraps around my right ankle. I drew the sun/moon myself.

4: I have both girls foot prints with Hailey and Madison written on top of each and their birth dates under each. I will add Zackary's too. I got this one on my 30th birthday.

DH has a lizard on his left shoulder that he got in Arizona on his spring break.

February 10th, 2013, 10:06 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 11 tattoos..
I have a panther on one thigh.
A Baby dragon on my other thigh.
Two dragonflies on my calf
My brothers names on my thigh taken from a card they gave me when little where they each signed their name in crayon. So their names look like their signatures when they were 12 and 8.
Three different sets of Kanji down my spine. One says Baby Cat (theres no kanji for kitten). The next says Wolf Moon. And the third says Spirit Eagle. (Their meanings are....Kitten was my nickname for me from my ex BF who lost his life in Iraq. Its a secret memorial to him. Wolf Moon was an Indian name given to me by my Adoptive grandfather who was a Lakota Shaman...(he was my best friends bio grandpa and he adopted me as a granddaughter)given after I had...a hunkapa which is a naming ceremony where your name is chosen for you. Ive also had a vision quest and a rite of passage into womanhood ceremony.
And the Spirit Eagle stands for my grandpa as Eagles were his fave animal. And the day of his funeral I seen three bald eagles in a matter of an hour and I hadnt seen a eagle since i was a kid. So it was a sign to me.
I also have a tribal art crow on my right shoulder as I love crows.
I have a comic book character on my left shoulder to remind me to be myself.
And on my boob I have a tiny pikachu....lol my best friend nicknamed my cleavage as pikachu cuz they "peek at you" and the nick stuck so i decided itd be a perfect tiny tat to cover a gross burn scar.

I will be getting a tattoo on my lower back for DD and DS with their names and birth dates each inside a star with smaller stars surrounding. And underneath them a quote from a book " You are my darling, My Angel, My Star and my love will find you wherever you are" I will get this after Tristan is born.

Also most of my tattoos were done by my DH who used to be a tattoo artist. Except one of my kanji was done by my oldest DSS

February 10th, 2013, 10:44 AM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love tattoos...I only have 3 so far, but have in my future at least 4 more =)

I have a sun/moon/butterfly/star on my left inner ankle
Ace of spades w/ a strawberry inside of it and butterfly on top at my throat chakra (base of neck)
Purple orchid with a butterfuly on my back R hip (my first)

Planning to get:
A tattoo for DH & I
One for my grandfather/family
One for my two babies
Something symbolizing my life stage/transition being on Maui.

And I will be de-virginizing my DH...our wedding gift to each other is a tattoo symbolizing us...we'll be getting the same thing =)

February 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Rochelle
Yea, one of which you can see in my siggy. It's on my left wrist and is a heart. It's just the outline and I doodle on it and color it in all the time. I got it done in class in my 9th grade yr. There was a substitute and some of the kids were applying them to each other with Indian ink and a needle and my stupid self let them put one on me. I did watch them sterilize the needle in front on me but I'm sure it was still very risky and I'm very lucky I didn't contract something from that.

The other I did myself in my bedroom on my right hip with the some of the ink and a needle. I wrote "KURT" for Kurt Cobain NIRVANA. Stupid stupid thing. I was almost 16 then. Have never gotten a professional one but was planning to last month back before I got pg with this one. I was going to get the KURT covered up with a peacock feather.

Eventually, when I'm all done having kids I'd like to get a mural on my back symbolizing all of my kids. Zinnia's for my DD1 cuz that's her mn, Camellia's for my DD2 cuz that's HER mn, and a big Sun up above bc that's what my DS reminds me of. He's my sunshine and his zodiac is Leo which means the sun is the planetary symbol for him. For this one I'm unsure. If it's a girl, I could do a Juniper berry bush bc her mn would be Juniper but if it's a boy I don't know. His zodiac will prob be a crab for CANCER (which would be kinda not fitting for the mural bc it's not a beach scene) and his Chinese zodiac is the SNAKE and I can't do snakes bc I am deathly afraid of them. I'm sure some nice symbolism will come in time if it's a boy. I may do a MOON since that's CANCER's planetary symbol.

Last edited by 4hearts; February 10th, 2013 at 12:45 PM.
February 10th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Super Mommy
I have 4. The word Alptraume which means nightmare in German, when I was a kid and until after my second was born I was plagued with them all the time, like every night. I was 15 when I got that one, my second I got when I was 16 and it's a Celtic knot in the shape of snakes and the base of my spine. My third I got when I was 17 and It's a purple flower on top of a simple black tribal swirl. My fourth I got 2 days after my dad died last September and it's a tribal peregrine falcon to represent his personality, sharp, fast and rare. I am going to get a tribal butterfly to represent my mom (also deceased) fragile and fleeting. I'll also get my three boys' names tatted sometime after this LO is born, but I'm just not sure where yet.
February 10th, 2013, 05:17 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have one so far. It's a Chinese character that means change right by my hip bone. I got it after struggling with depression in college. DH hates tattoos in general. Any opportunity he gets, he tells people that I needed it as a reminder to change my underwear.

I have two others planned. There are some Victorian flower fairy illustrations that I love. I plan to get the sweet pea fairies- an older girl and a toddler to represent my girls. We've always called them sweet pea. My other planned tattoo is a scrollwork family tree with our family initials.

DH won't ever get a tattoo. He hates them even on me, but I do what I want
cheerfulsunrise likes this.
February 11th, 2013, 05:38 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I have a few. I have a half sleeve on my lower right arm, music themed. Above the crease of my elbow I have a Lily, for my daughter. On my left arm I have "perfectly flawed" tattooed at my wrist and the dark mark, yes, from harry potter. I also have a small heart design tattoo on my foot. I plan to sleeve out both arms and probably get a back piece.
February 11th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to see pictures LOL

February 11th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison.N.Hailey'sMom View Post
I have 4 tattoos.

1st: A monarch butterfly on my shoulder. I got it on my 18th birthday and had it redone on my 30th birthday.
Before it was redone:

AFter it was redone:

2: A tribute tattoo of a butterfly with JMS on top and a ribbon under with 11-20-81 Forever Missed 7-10-01. Its in honor of my high school best friend that was murdered in 2001. The butterfly she got the morning she was killed. It was her first tattoo.

3: Is a sun and moon joined together with a band with two stars at the end. It represents Mike and I and my two m/c's. It wraps around my right ankle. I drew the sun/moon myself.

4: I have both girls foot prints with Hailey and Madison written on top of each and their birth dates under each. I will add Zackary's too. I got this one on my 30th birthday.

DH has a lizard on his left shoulder that he got in Arizona on his spring break.

They did a great job redoing that butterfly one

February 11th, 2013, 06:36 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I have two tattoos and one needs covered. I got it when I was 18 and didn't think it through.

February 11th, 2013, 06:59 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I have 2 dolphins around my belly button (when I was 18) and I have a fairy on my left shoulder blade. I do want more, and I was contemplating getting my next one when I got pregnant again! I want Connor's (and now this baby's) foot print on the top of my foot. Their left footprint on the top of my left foot, probably with their DOB.

I would like another on my right shoulder blade, and/or lower back. DH does not care for tattoos, so he's always said he would disapprove of the "tramp stamp" lol but he doesn't seem to mind too much of my others, you can't see them unless I'm wearing a bathing suit, some tank tops, or naked! Which is how I prefer them as well. I've always wanted a bouncing Tigger, and a palm tree -- they represent my childhood.

February 11th, 2013, 07:30 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I love tattoos and hope to add to my collection someday. DH doesn't really like tattoos and has none! I have a cat on my side, a small cat behind my ear, a large bird on my back, a peacock on my forearm, a turtle on my low back, a heart type design on the back of my neck, and a swirly, bird type design on the top of my left foot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search