Scheduled C-section

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 4hearts

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2013, 04:07 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
For those who know they will be having a c-section, do they already have a date scheduled?
I've been asked by 3 different doctors when my scheduled c-section date is. I didn't think they scheduled a date until you were further along. When do they usually schedule one?

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
February 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never had a csection but a lot of my friends have, usually they schedule it around 28 weeks I would say.

February 10th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I'm having my 3rd and my doctor has told me at my last appointment that I will be having it on June 28th. I'm assuming its on the books then but I'm going to ask friday when i go for my 20 week appointment.

February 10th, 2013, 04:46 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been told it will be one week prior to my due date, so June 2nd is my date. It won't officially be scheduled until 28-30 weeks.

February 10th, 2013, 04:52 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, DS was a planned induction but that wasn't decided for sure until around 30ish wks. This time, im deciding between vbac and repeat c/s and my OB said that decision is far down the road yet. He wants to see how we both progress before discussing again with me. No pressure which is nice.

February 10th, 2013, 05:04 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I believe my OB scheduled B1 around 36 weeks for 38 weeks. I know this one will most likely be June 11th because Tues and Yjurs are her surgery days and she wants to deliver as close to 38 weeks as she can. It isn't scheduled though.
February 10th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Rochelle
It's probably bc of your special circumstances but maybe it just varies doctor to doctor also. With my last one, it was going to be a possible VBAC and the Dr waited until like 36 weeks to bring up a sceduled c/s as him and I both agreed an induction for a VBAC'er is a bad idea. He even "let" me set it at almost 42 weeks which was awesome and I went into labor on my own the day before my scheduled c/s. DD2 is still very headstrong and apparently didn't want to wait the extra day.

Kinda freaks me out now that you bring it up bc this time I AM definitely having the c/s but I would like a "trial of labor" to prepare babies lungs and to let baby pick their own bday. I hope this new OB doesn't bring it up at my next appointment this month bc I'd really like to not be hounded about it. I'd also like to go to at least 41 weeks if that's what baby wants. I've carried all my babies at least to 41 weeks. They like "Casa de Uterus".
DaniB+3 likes this.
February 10th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Super Mommy
My OB and I haven't discussed an exact date yet, but they do scheduled c/s at 39 weeks. Since my due date is June 10th the c/s should be on June 2nd.
February 10th, 2013, 07:13 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
No exact date but he also said we would schedule for week 39. Last month I asked and he said we would wait until the future to plan exact date

February 10th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Veteran
I've never known till 36 ish weeks for my scheduled ones and it was usually ten days prior to edd so as not to have an "emergency" if a full ER or anything like that! Also my sons time of schedule changed due to that same reason, other ladies in labour who needed a csections take priority.

February 10th, 2013, 08:14 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine has not been scheduled yet but I am so super duper against being scheduled before the 40 week mark. All of my kids have been overdue so I am uncomfortable with removing this little one from the womb before he/she might be ready. I would like to go to 41 weeks if possible. In an ideal world I'd like to be able to go into labor on my own so that the baby gets the benefits of labor but I know that's highly unlikely. I also SUCK at going into labor on my own so I'm not too confident that it will happen before whatever date I'm scheduled for. But hey, a girl can dream .

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

February 11th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They told me they will schedule it for a week before I am due and will schedule the exact date on my 28 week appointment.

February 11th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Yeah my OB said she does hers on fridays so she would be doing mine the friday before my due date so Ill be 39.4 weeks.

February 11th, 2013, 06:38 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Mine's not scheduled yet. I scheduled one with Madison and went into labor before it was supposed to happen. My dr won't schedule over a week before your due date and my last two babies came two weeks early.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search