Lets talk weight

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 06:46 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
Has anyone else gained 0 pounds? I know I am over weight but still zero pounds?
With my son I gained 80 pounds!! But I was also only 120 pounds when I got pregnant... Doctor hasn't noticed. Where are u guys at?

February 11th, 2013, 06:54 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I honestly have no idea! I know I gained the majority of my weight in the first tri, eating all carbs 24/7. I haven't gained as much in the 2nd....I think total overall I'm somewhere around 25-30 lbs. I was overweight to begin with when I was pregnant with Connor and I gained about 40 lbs with him. So I'm not worried about gaining more than I did with him, I lost all of it plus some within 6-8 weeks PP. It's my 9 months of freedom to eat what I want! LOL When this is over, I go back on weight watchers!

February 11th, 2013, 07:01 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gained 6.5 pounds. My midwife mentioned it was slightly low but ok. She was especially ok since we talked about my previous pregnancy (I gained 20 lbs, so 5 under the recommended and still was borderline for GD, and I have never been overweight. The dr I saw then was really surprised with the results of my GD test.) DD was a perfect weight, so she said as long as I was growing right when they measured me and my baby was growing as she should, it was ok if I didn't make it to 25 pounds this time either.

Did you and your dr talk early in your pregnancy about how much weight you should be gaining? The recommendations are different if you're over- or underweight. Is your uterus growing as it should when they measure you at your appointments? Was baby a good size at your anatomy scan? Based on what my midwife said to me, I am guessing the dr may not have said anything if you and baby are both growing as you should and are healthy. And if you're concerned, def ask at your next appt.

Last edited by MarylandMama; February 11th, 2013 at 07:07 AM.
February 11th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only gained 3 pounds, which my midwife says is to be expected since I started this pregnancy at 205 lbs.

February 11th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've only gained 8 lbs, but I started this pregnancy very overweight, at 189. My doctor hasn't said anything other than I'm doing everything right, so I'm not worrying about it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 11th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am up maybe 10 lbs, my starting weight was at the low end of normal, close to underweight. I am happy to be gaining finally! I am on a very similar trajectory to my last pregnancy where I was textbook gainer and gained about 35 lbs overall. My OB has never discussed my weight with me except at the very beginning when I said I was considering weaning my daughter bc I was losing weight, and she thought that was a good idea for me bc my weight was pretty low already.

February 11th, 2013, 07:20 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I have no idea atleast 10lbs , I'm sure more. I'm not worried about my weight gain, well because you are suppose to gain weight. Now if I was gaining in crazy rapid speed, then I would be worried.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 11th, 2013, 07:37 AM
i spent a month where i gained 0 lbs, but since it all started i have gained about 10 lbs, whatever isnt in my belly seems to be mostly in my boobs and hips so my body was just making sure i had a bit of fat to help out baby, i am carrying her baby fat for her atm
February 11th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am overweight . I lost 16lbs and have gained 2lbs back.
February 11th, 2013, 07:44 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive gained 8-9 pounds.. and I'm not dealing with the weight gain well @ all this time! I feel like i. look gross and I'm carrying baby higher, I have a long torso so I feel I look fat and not pregnant I know I needa gain and its part of it but ugh.. idk maybe it because I had got all my weight off from dd and was feeling pretty good now Im just feeling fat and frumpy.... but reading you girls posts makes me feel better because it doesn't seem to bebothering y'all to bad and makes me think maybe I'm just being silly.

February 11th, 2013, 08:09 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Somewhere around 15 pounds. I gained a lot in the first tri when I quit running and I am pretty sure there is about 8 pounds of Boob gain (seriously - from a B to a DD in 12 weeks?!?!)

My Dr. has never mentioned my weight gain to me in either pregnancy (I gained over 50 lbs last one). She also doesn't measure uterus size since it is so unreliable.

Edited to add: I was on the low end of body fat % when I got pregnant - close to 10% so it is probably better that I put on some extra early on.

Last edited by zkat; February 11th, 2013 at 08:16 AM.
February 11th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Veteran
I've gained 4 lbs so far, I was pretty sick the first 15 weeks and now I don't have much appetite as I get full quick. I was normal weight when I got preggo after losing 40 lbs. I look like I've gained more as my belly is definitely round. Only thing doc said was that he was glad to see I've put some weight on now. I go back weds so we will see where I'm at, pretty sure I've put on at least a couple more.

February 11th, 2013, 09:30 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I've gained 10, which at this point is a lot for me. But I'm ok with it. I didnt gain until the 3rd trimester with my other pregnancies.

February 11th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've gained about 6 lbs. started my pregnancy weighing 139lbs and I'm currently weighing between 145-146 I did have horrible morning sickness until about 12 weeks, went down to 132 so I have gained the weight back up plus 6 extra pounds. Not too bad. I'm hoping not to gain more than 20-25. I'm 5'8" btw. I gained 50lbs with DS. Way too much in my opinion. Lol

February 11th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Super Mommy
i am down 9 lbs but i also started very overweight. my dr said thats fine because it's normal for overweight women to start eating healthier once they are pregnant and the weight loss was gradual, not dramatic. i only gained 20 lbs with my son (never lost it tho) so i'm assuming i'll probably end up gaining about the same amount this time.
February 11th, 2013, 01:53 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gained like 15-20. Most of that was in my first trimester, too, but I am putting it on faster this time because my lifestyle isn't as active as it was when I was pregnant with DD. Back then I was working full time on my feet as a housekeeper and now I only work 1 day a week and I don't really exercise. I did some yoga this week and it was great, so I'm going to try to keep that up. I'm not all that worried about weight gain but I don't want it to become unhealthy, either.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 11th, 2013, 02:00 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started out overweight, and I've gained 14 pounds as of my appointment last week. I figured my doctor would say something to me about it, but she didn't. I was told to cut back on exercise because every time I do something as simple as walking on the treadmill I get a lot of tightening and pressure. Actually, I don't think I have been told anything about weight by any of the doctors I've been (I go to a group practice where they want you to see all the doctors at least once). I know I'm already at the maximum recommended weight gain for overweight women, so I'm trying to keep additional gain to a minimum. It won't be easy with the new exercise restriction, though.

February 11th, 2013, 02:30 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have probably gained 6-8 lbs. I haven't weighed myself in about 2 weeks because I try not to get hung up on the numbers. I weighed around 120 to start out so I expect to gain 35-40 lbs this time just like I did with my other two pregnancies.

February 11th, 2013, 05:09 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
As of 18.5 weeks I had gained 1 pound. I'm on the low end of normal for weight for as tall as I am. I'm guessing I've put on a few more pounds since then, but I won't find out til next week. I'm still running now that restrictions are lifted so it will be interesting to see my overall gain. The doctor didn't say anything about just one pound. I think baby was measuring fine on the u/s. I gained 36 lbs with Lily and 28 lbs with Abri. At this point in those pregnancies, I had at least gained 10 lbs
February 11th, 2013, 05:53 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
im average weight and I think I'm at 20 lbs right now
dr warned me around 16 weeks to be careful because I had gained 8lbs in one month (even though he said you do gain like another 1/3 of blood volume) i apparently did the same thing with my son so I'm not too worried at all

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search