Braxton Hicks.. who's having them?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Rochelle
I definitely had some of these last night. I think they were spurred off by baby squiggling around in there. I could tell that's what they were bc other than the rhythmic tightening I also got short of breath (while laying down) and my heart would start pounding a bit. Also, I felt some sharp pains in my cervix right afterwards.

I was pretty surprised by having them already. I guess this being my 4th may have something to do with that. Now, I'm wondering if this baby will come earlier like closer to my duedate instead of 2 weeks later. Dare I say it?!

Anyone else having them so early? I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow.
February 11th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have noticed very mild ones once or twice. It was sort of like "that's an odd feeling... sort of reminds me of something... oh it must be BH!" I don't think they are happening earlier, I think I just know what they feel like now so I am noticing the first subtle ones way earlier than I was able to last time. Still pretty sure I will go full term again. I would never have noticed them if I was not in bed paying attention to it so closely.

February 11th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Veteran
I am having them too and it worried me because, while this is my second child, I didn't have them with my daughter until literally a couple of weeks before I gave birth to her.. like right near the end of my pregnancy. I asked my doctor about it at my appt. on Feb. 7th and she said as long as they are not a consistent "all day, every 4-5 minutes" then it's normal.. but if it's happening more often then not definitely to call her. I wonder if this does mean that baby will be early, since they are already happening? I am 21 weeks and 3 days. I had my daughter at 39 weeks 1 day..so I wonder... could this mean Logan will come earlier? I always wondered about BH and why they happen I still don't fully understand what causes them.
February 11th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela.burke611 View Post
I always wondered about BH and why they happen I still don't fully understand what causes them.
I just read this:

"Braxton Hicks contractions often start as a result of specific triggers. Common triggers include:

physical activity or exertion
sexual intercourse
dehydration
touching your abdomen
your baby moving inside your uterus"

Braxton Hicks Contractions
February 11th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hearts View Post
I just read this:

"Braxton Hicks contractions often start as a result of specific triggers. Common triggers include:

physical activity or exertion
sexual intercourse
dehydration
touching your abdomen
your baby moving inside your uterus"

Braxton Hicks Contractions
ahh thank you!
4hearts likes this.
February 11th, 2013, 02:01 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, I get them all day when I'm at work. I have a lot in the mornings before I've had any water, too. I had them starting around the end of my second trimester with DD and she was two weeks late, so I don't think that BH contractions starting early are a good indicator of an earlier delivery. This time I started feeling them at 16 weeks, but only because I was familiar with the sensation.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 11th, 2013, 02:27 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
A few here and there. I thought I was having an intense one the other night only to look down and realize baby was laying sideways all stretched out.
February 11th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Regular
I've had them since christmas. With my uterus issues, my OB said its normal to have them early. I only get them when I sneeze, cough really hard, laugh really hard or if baby starts moving a LOT.

February 11th, 2013, 02:50 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had them a few times at work when I've overdone it wrestling a large dog or something. I also feel them after DTD almost everytime. Waaaaay earlier than I remember last time.

February 11th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I had them for about 2 weeks starting at 16 weeks. It was only in the middle of the night when I'd wake up to pee. They randomly stopped and I haven't had them since. With my 1st pregnancy, I didn't get them until close to 30 weeks.

February 11th, 2013, 06:58 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having them daily. Much earlier than I have experienced before. It is freaking me out!

February 11th, 2013, 11:41 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do they feel like? I never had them with DS, or I was but didnt know it. Im def more "crampy" with this baby but maybe what Im thinking of as cramping is BH? I notice it mostly when dehydrated or when Ive over exerted myself. But it isnt rythmic in a contraction way.

February 12th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
What do they feel like? I never had them with DS, or I was but didnt know it. Im def more "crampy" with this baby but maybe what Im thinking of as cramping is BH? I notice it mostly when dehydrated or when Ive over exerted myself. But it isnt rythmic in a contraction way.
When I had them, they were never crampy or painful in any way. The best way I can describe mine is as if my uterus was being vacuumed shut and the baby was getting squished in there. Everything was super hard and I could definitely see the "baby lump" (aside from the rest of my belly).
4hearts likes this.

February 12th, 2013, 07:48 AM
First time mommy :)
I think I may have had them in the middle of the night last night. They would start off as a mild back pain, then a mild cramping and tightening in my belly, then also the cervical pain and shortness of breath. I only had 1 or 2 really noticeable ones. I drank a big glass of water and walked around a bit and then I didn't feel anymore. But it kinda freaked me out!
February 12th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Rochelle
Rissa- that sounds like what I had.
February 12th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I get them on an off most days, usually in the morning and evenings. I never had many with DD so I was a bit surprised but my OB said some people get them as early as 14 weeks and as long as there's no pain or pattern then not to be concerned. It feels really strange and I feel like baby is being squished into a little tight ball haha

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 12th, 2013, 09:34 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I had a few yesterday after the dog jumped on me.

February 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if I've had any or not. I haven't had much pain at all recently, but I was also off of work for 4 days (a mini vacation), so that might be why. I've had a strange tightening sensation under my bellybutton a couple times, but nothing more than that yet. Unless I've mistaken some lower back pain as just normal due to my job, it looks like I'll be waiting a little longer to get the BH!

February 12th, 2013, 10:39 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Karen78!! Good explanation & gave me a crazy visual ;-) lol

Yea, I don't think its BH for me...just some crampy soreness, but not painful.
Karen78 likes this.

February 13th, 2013, 12:02 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I have them every single time we DTD.... lol not painful , but definitely BH.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search