Anyone not have a name picked out?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 06:26 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I'm definitely in the minority here...we don't have a clue what we are naming this little girl. DF is even trying to convince me to narrow down a list to 2-3 names and make the final decision after she's born. I like the idea in theory but I'm afraid we will be fighting at the hospital over a final decision. Anyone else doing this or have done this before?

Anyone else as clueless as we are about a name??

February 11th, 2013, 06:34 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Hugs Hun! I hope something amazing comes to you soon! Have you tried nymbler?

February 11th, 2013, 06:54 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We didnt decide on DDs name until I was 8 months pregnant. Dont stress it yet. Something will come to you thats perfect for her.

February 11th, 2013, 07:17 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know 2 people who ended up naming their babies in the hospital. One of them is the most indecisive person I have ever met and she only named her baby in the hospital bc they wouldn't let them leave until he had a name. The other couple fought about names the whole pregnancy and then finally decided after she was born. Not sure if they fought in the hospital or not.

February 11th, 2013, 07:19 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try Baby Naming Wizard, Baby Names.com, and the name board here. Something will come up!
February 11th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Veteran
We usually don't have our list strted till 7 ish months and not narrowed down till the weeks before I'm due!!

I'm one of those that has to meet my babies before knowing a name!
Cooper was supposed to be Cole as was our top choice till I saw him!! And he was NOT a cole lol!!

February 11th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Super Mommy
I'm definitely not wholly decided yet, although I'm reasonably sure his name will be James, but I'm still trying to look for something I like more, but James just came to me the other day and I like it more every time I say it.
February 11th, 2013, 08:50 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmfourmama View Post
We usually don't have our list strted till 7 ish months and not narrowed down till the weeks before I'm due!!

I'm one of those that has to meet my babies before knowing a name!
Cooper was supposed to be Cole as was our top choice till I saw him!! And he was NOT a cole lol!!
This happened to my a friend of mines friend. In fact I think it was even the same name. So odd lol. I know it was changed to Cooper but I'm not sure what it was before that.
farmfourmama likes this.

February 11th, 2013, 09:42 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
Um, yes & no ;-) We are 99% sure what the first name will be but Im not fully committed yet. I totally love it, its not popular or "unique", but I keep seeing other variations of it pop up, so Im thinking some more on it. The MN is solid and her 2nd MN is still up the air.

Last edited by PurpleStar; February 11th, 2013 at 10:56 PM.
February 11th, 2013, 09:59 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought we had a name... But apparently we don't. We can't agree on anything!
February 11th, 2013, 10:02 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tonight he told me he likes the name Chloe. That's fine and all...except we both have cousins with children named Chloe so it's obviously not even an option even if I absolutely loved it. I mean, why even suggest that??

February 12th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
We didnt decide on DDs name until I was 8 months pregnant. Dont stress it yet. Something will come to you thats perfect for her.
Ditto! This time we have 2 boy names I like a different one than dh best and girls names are up in the air.we each have couple we like & 1 we both like but haven't talked about in it weeks. I have a plan to get my girls name hehehe

February 12th, 2013, 03:55 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was right there with you until this weekend. I have discovered that I am the type who wants a name right away because for the weeks after we found out it was a girl I was stressing myself out over it, thinking about it every moment.

Just keep thinking and it will come and just feel right, that's what happened to me. I just need a middle name now!

February 12th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm one of those people that has been thinking about my future baby names since I was playing with baby-dolls. So we had Finnegan Michael picked out as soon as we started trying for this baby. Strangely though, we couldn't decide on a girl's name. It's like subconsciously we knew we'd be having a boy this time. Same thing happened with DD - she was a surprise, so we didn't have the name picked prior - but it was settled on in the early weeks of pregnancy...but neither of us could agree on a boy's name at the time. Again, like we somehow knew we'd be having a girl. I guess we're pretty lucky that way.

I'm sure the perfect name will come to you in plenty of time.

February 12th, 2013, 12:10 PM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
We are about 99% sure on the first name, but as much as I had a middle name picked out before...when I YELL it - like I would at her (first and middle name together)...I don't like the sound of it. So...we aren't really decided yet either.

*Amanda*

February 12th, 2013, 05:11 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We dont have a name yet.. The few names I wanted are now taken by several close friends that just had babies.. so im just lost and dh is no help, If I come up with something I do like he'll say well let me think on it and then i hear nothing else bout it until I bug him to death... he was the same way with our last too.. drives me nuts!

February 12th, 2013, 05:24 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Still plenty of time! A mom in one of my other PRs is 37 weeks with her third. She has given up and claims he will just be named Baby Boy because they haven't figured out anything better. I think she's even looked into her state's rules on naming and found out she has a week or two after the birth before she has to make an official decision
February 13th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Veteran
We have a short list, but nothing set. We have plenty of time
February 13th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
We don't and I'm not even stressing it lol. We don't know the gender either. either For me, that takes away from the stress.
February 13th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
So frustrating. I was seriously contemplating hitting DH daily until he agreed on an a name. His parents came over and it turned into a huge blow out argument in front of everyone so after they left I calmly approached him and said we just have to hash this out. He finally said "I don't hate ALL your names you know" and he told me the one he liked best and we just agreed on that. We definitely needed to clear the air and actually talk about it. The fight before helped us get all our frustrations out (although in front of the inlaws wasn't optimal) Hope he's semi-cooperative and you figure something out soon!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search