DH/DF/SO Appreciation

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 2 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 06:22 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know we all tend to vent about the stupid crap that the men in our lives pull and how they can make things more difficult. I know I'm sure guilty. I thought it would be nice to start a thread to give a little credit for some of the nice things they do.

Right now, DH is out getting me some food at the store bc nothing in the house sounds good and I am super hungry. He's usually pretty willing to go out and get things for me so that I can chill out a bit. I really appreciate that.

Who's next?

February 11th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Veteran
My hubby has worked his butt off the last two days getting our basement started!! I love that he has this "know how" and we don't have to hire it done!!

I also REALLY REALLY enjoy working with him! As its the cutest thing watching Cooper "help" his daddy!!

February 11th, 2013, 06:47 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH is so thoughtful and always tells me how beautiful he thinks I am and how lucky he is to be with me. He always gets up with the kids on the weekends so I can sleep in and he makes dinner most nights after going to work all day. He is pretty special. I am a lucky girl
navywifey2003 likes this.

February 11th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Last night when I was having major heartburn on top of my stupid cold, and it was 2 am, and I was crying because it hurt so bad, and I couldn't sleep, he got dressed and drove to the 24 hour Walgreens to get me Tums, even though he had to get up at 5:30 to go to work.

He earned about a million points for that act.
Karen78 and sunnydaze like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 11th, 2013, 07:41 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 View Post
My DH is so thoughtful and always tells me how beautiful he thinks I am and how lucky he is to be with me. He always gets up with the kids on the weekends so I can sleep in and he makes dinner most nights after going to work all day. He is pretty special. I am a lucky girl
This sounds just like my DH.

He is always going out for my cravings rubbing my feet ect. He's awesome.
MrsLat likes this.

February 12th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH is always good about giving me alone time whenever I need it...he understands that I'm home all day with DD and sometimes I just need a break. So even though he works crazy hard and commutes almost 3 hours a day, he'll still play with DD so that I can take a bath or do my nails or go to Starbucks to sit with a cup of coffee and a book for a couple hours.

February 12th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Super Mommy
My hubby also tells me I'm beautiful multiple times a day, and never lets me forget how much, after 8 years, he still desires me. I just love that, especially these days when I feel anything BUT sexy. He's such a wonderful daddy, he plays with the boys every single day, no matter what his day's been like. He never makes me feel bad if I've had a lazy day and the house is messy and I don't feel like making dinner. He'll do anything for us, all I have to do is ask! He's so kind and selfless, I just love that man so much!
February 12th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Awe! I love reading all these stories!

My husband went out and got me Reece's cups last night. He also tells me how beautiful I am and how blessed he is to be with me.

Honestly tho, I'm the one blessed!
February 12th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
My DH has his moments of negative but for the most part he is really sweet. Since he's been home he's been helping me with Hailey threw the night since she's been getting up again. He also has been taking Madison to school here and there so I can get some extra sleep. He helps make dinner when I'm just not in the mood to cook.

February 12th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband is a partner 100%. he carries his weight in every aspect of parenthood, sometimes more than what is required of him. I have a compromised immune system and get sick a lot and he never complains about playing nurse when I am.

With babies he gets up in the middle of the night, never complains about changing diapers even if he did just walk in the door from work.

We never argue. We always talk things out without ever getting ugly with each other.

He also "tucks me in" every night before he crawls into bed. Its cute.

February 12th, 2013, 01:15 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm gonna be honest, DF and I are going through a pretty rough patch right now so I'm having a hard time reading a lot of these knowing what my situation is currently like (stupid preggo hormones!).

However, I will say that even though we aren't exactly getting along at the moment, DF works his butt off for his family. He works sometimes 70+ hours a week doing backbreaking labor so that we never have to go without anything. I will always appreciate his work ethic regardless of how big of a butt he is being.

February 12th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My DH is an amazing daddy and loves to take care of M and play with her. Since I got pregnant and weaned her, he has taken over 99% of the nighttime parenting, he puts her to sleep, consoles her and gets her back down when she wakes at night, and cosleeps with her when she needs it. All so I can get my sleep. Then he does 12 hr work days (including commute) and is doing so well at his job that he got promoted after only 15 months at the company, ahead of several more senior colleagues, because he is so awesome. Then he brings home chocolate for me. He is a very loving and sweet guy without a shred of anger in his heart, and I just can't for a second imagine trading him for anyone in the world, he is such a perfect husband for me and father for my babies.

February 12th, 2013, 04:10 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
I'm gonna be honest, DF and I are going through a pretty rough patch right now so I'm having a hard time reading a lot of these knowing what my situation is currently like (stupid preggo hormones!).

However, I will say that even though we aren't exactly getting along at the moment, DF works his butt off for his family. He works sometimes 70+ hours a week doing backbreaking labor so that we never have to go without anything. I will always appreciate his work ethic regardless of how big of a butt he is being.
I'm sorry! DH and I have had rough patches in the past. Keep communicating and I hope you guys can get through it quickly!

My DH is a great father. At this point he has taken over a bit more of the parenting responsibilities because I am just too tired. He would do anything for his girls without complaint. I'll get a little grumbling but he'll still give in to my wants too. He wakes up with them on weekend mornings so that I can sleep in. When he's home from work at a decent time he gets them ready for bed. Sometimes he'll surprise me with little things like a box of my favorite candy just because. He puts up with me, which has to be the best thing about him. I tend to be difficult, even more so when pregnant
February 12th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Veteran
I got a text this afternoon while at work from him out of the blue saying he loves me more everyday and thanked me for being a good mother and wife. We've been together 12 solid years without any hardships and every year is better and happier than the last so I know we are blessed and I'm very thankful for it. We are a team in every sense. I told him when we got married I would not have kids with him unless he did his equal share. I saw my dad let my mom do everything while he just came home from work and watched tv till supper, ate and then more tv. I love my dad but I wasn't about to put up with that! DH does his share and more if necessary (if I'm sick or something), he sometimes needs some hints but he never complains or makes me feel like a nag. He was born to be a father. He does all the not so fun stuff for DS, plays with him, and teaches him things all the time. Love him! How he wasn't taken when I met him I have no idea but he's mine now!

February 12th, 2013, 06:29 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These make me so happy!

Right now, I am sitting on the couch, watching tv, and eating candy (I did have long work day today). DH is upstairs with work to do for two jobs (he took a second job that he was head hunted for to help move himself up in his field more quickly than he already is) and homework to do for the master's he's working on. Before that, he tucked DD into bed, as usual, after her Bible story and prayer. He is a wonderful husband and father. He is by no means perfect, but I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search