Buying diapers :)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 11:17 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
Is anyone else buying diapers in advance?

I haven't really started buying anything else actually LOL!
I have two packs of newborn and now 3 packs of size ones.

After telling DF that every time we go to the store we need to pick some up...he's been pretty good at remembering! Thankfully!

*Amanda*

February 12th, 2013, 11:23 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
If I bought diapers my husband may have me committed, since we use cloth I don't need any. We have over 100 newborn and smalls. Seriously he would send me to the looney bin.
MommaMandaPanda89 likes this.

February 12th, 2013, 12:27 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
i have loads, they are special offer so i stocked up

February 12th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
If I bought diapers my husband may have me committed, since we use cloth I don't need any. We have over 100 newborn and smalls. Seriously he would send me to the looney bin.
lol! Yeah I could see why he would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PregnantAtLast View Post
i have loads, they are special offer so i stocked up
It's awesome to keep getting coupons for them. I can't complain at that at all!

*Amanda*

February 12th, 2013, 01:42 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd be careful to stock up too much because not every diaper works for every baby. I know that sounds really silly but pampers were a no go for us. He leaked constantly and can only use huggies and luv's. I know a lot of people whose different kids used different brands too. We went through about 3-4 different brands before we found ones that he didn't pee out of. LOL

February 12th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Veteran
No newborn size for me, hospital size are 1 where I'm at so I followed their lead with DS1 and it was fine. I got 2 packs of size 1 for Christmas and we picked up a economy size 1 at SAMs club which should last a month. I would be devastated without SAMs club lol.

I agree tho about diapers working different with each baby. With DS1 I got a ton of different brands at my shower and parents choice diapers never stayed on him. The tabs stayed stuck but he somehow worked it down when he wiggled and it leaked everywhere. Pampers constantly exploded and that gel stuff went all over. Luvs were good and huggies but they ran smaller or seemed to. Members mark brand from SAMs worked amazingly well for DS and we used them from then on. Now he's potty trained but we use them at night still.

Last edited by Brie289; February 12th, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
February 12th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have picked up 1 package of Huggie's newborn diapers.. We really haven't gotten much for him at all actually. Some onesies, a pack of nuk pacifiers, two stuffed giraffes and the pack of diapers..

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 12th, 2013, 02:54 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been buying diapers when I can match coupons with sale prices.

February 12th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a few things that people have given us and started buying our stash of cloth diapers. We have 10 now including AIOs, one pocket, and 3 covers with a stack of abot 15 small prefolds. Nowhere near what we will need for twins but it's a start. We're looking to start out cloth at home and then see where we get from there. I would LOVE to 100% cloth diaper but I realize that we just might not be able to make that work right now.
February 12th, 2013, 07:09 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
nothing yet
Might buy one small pack of newborns as DS wore them for a week or so
than more 1s and 2s
Will stick w/ Pampers which is what worked for DS as well but what the other ladies said. Each kid is different some get a reaction to the diaper some just dont fit
I know just returning diapers from my shower was a PAIN in the butt. Easier to buy as needed

February 12th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just made a major investment in cloth diapers today!

For $166 I got 36 infant prefolds, 24 toddler prefolds, 4 size1 Thirsties Duo Wraps, 4 size 2 Thirsties Duo Wraps, and a roll of flushable diaper liners at clothdiaper.com

This means I can start CDing my son as soon as we're done with our disposable stash. My new baby won't need the same size until they're about 18lbs by which time Alex should be phasing out of diapers and getting potty trained.

I'm super nervous and excited

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 13th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have six of the value packs. Target had a sale

February 13th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have one giant huge box of size 1 and then probably about 6 jumbo packs of size 2.

February 13th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'd be careful stocking up on any particular size. DD was in newborn for a short period of time. Then size 1 I don't think she used long either or size 2. She seemed to be in size 3 for a veryyyyy long time, but every baby is different and grows at different rates. My friends son wouldn't even fit in newborn! Obviously you can return them, just seems like a PITA haha although i've definitely had the urge to WANT to stock up, I know that I shouldn't buy too many because I have no idea how big baby is going to be and how quickly he'll grow. it is fun buying stuff though isn't it?

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 13th, 2013, 07:02 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I've been meaning to but never think about it when I'm in the store.

February 13th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
most store will let you swap out diaper sizes for the same brand but different size diapers. So if you stock up on too many ones, if you bring them to your grocery store, they will normally let you swap out the unopened package for the bigger size.

February 13th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
right now target have buy 2 small packs get $5 gift card if you pair it with coupons you can get a super sweet deal!! I would only but size 2,3&4 bc if you are having a baby shower people always seem to get newborn &size 1. Different brands work for different babies with dd pampers worked best

February 13th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Super Mommy
I started up my cloth diaper stash already! So far I have two Thirsties size one duo wraps, two more coming, and I have two dozen infant sized prefolds. I also have a diaper sprayer and 5 snappis coming in the mail. I think I might buy a few AIOs for night time and babysitters, although all my babysitters have done cloth diapers before.

Last edited by Kyla0709; February 13th, 2013 at 10:27 AM.
February 13th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I am being careful about which sizes and how many I'm buying, I just thought it would be nice to have some to start off. I know I have heard a lot of babies not ever using newborn size diapers.
We wanted to buy a few of each and then of course buy as needed.
Two packs of newborns is all we planned to buy.
Three packs of ones will probably be all we buy.
The rest that we can get will probably be two's and three's because I hear that's what most babies stay in for longer.
We started purchasing Luv's, not only because I haven't heard many bad things about them, but also because I have been getting a lot of coupons for them as well as we catch them on sale which is really nice.

This is very good to know and I appreciate that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaze View Post
most store will let you swap out diaper sizes for the same brand but different size diapers. So if you stock up on too many ones, if you bring them to your grocery store, they will normally let you swap out the unopened package for the bigger size.

for those of you who are doing cloth diapers, I commend you!! DF tried to talk me in to it because that's what his mom used on them - but she was also a SAHM and probably had more patience then I. lol

*Amanda*

February 13th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
haven't bought any yet...i'll probably buy a few boxes once my due date draws closer. but my mom is planning a diaper party for me (instead of a shower since my kids will be 18 mos apart i dont need too much) so that should help!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search