Valentine's Day!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is in two days!! What are you and your SO/DF/DH doing? Any gifts?

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 12th, 2013, 12:59 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
no real gifts. We will do heart shape pizza for dinner, chocolate covered strawberries and some goodies for the kids.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 12th, 2013, 01:01 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Nope! We've never really celebrated Valentine's day, the whole overrated and commercial holiday stuff rings true for us. We usually go out to dinner the weekend after, but especially now that we're in the process of building our home, we're not spending any extra funds on things like that. Next year we'll do something special for the kids, Connor will have a better understanding of it, and probably be in preschool which will teach him more, as well.

February 12th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to lunch tomorrow and baby shopping.
February 12th, 2013, 01:27 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm getting the usual Sherrie's berries. I tell my husband to not buy me anything and he never listens. So I give up.

February 12th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a beautiful necklace from SO. It came today and he is so impatient that he let me open it right away..

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 12th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH and I deliberately do not celebrate Valentine's day. When we were dating we would exchange homemade cards. But at this point neither of us care at all and we don't feel like it is a real holiday. Now, if he had the day off work... then maybe we'd take it more seriously
edgeofelise likes this.

February 12th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
No plans. I work all day that day, morning and night. We will buy the girls something and a box of chocolates. No gift exchange between the two of us. We plan on going away for a weekend next month to celebrate our one year anniversary.
February 12th, 2013, 04:31 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Dh got me a photography class which Im in right now Ill probably bake or something for him, he isnt into big stuff
February 12th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope, we never do anything. We're planning a getaway for our 5 year anniversary next month, so that takes our focus. We've never really celebrated, esp. once we got married and our anniversary is the following month.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 12th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I picked up a little something SS(some dollar hot wheels and chocolate) and a card for DH. That's pretty much it.
February 12th, 2013, 07:19 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We normally don't do much for valentines day. My birthday is next week and I don't buy into the whole commercial part of it. But. This year we committed to doing better on holidays, birthdays and anniversary simply because we have been so wrapped up in everything else for 2 years that we need to reconnect on a simple level.

I got him a garmin thing for his bike and biggie made him a coffee mug for the office on shutterfly. No clue what I am getting from him.
February 12th, 2013, 08:17 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's just a regular work day for us, we don't really celebrate.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 12th, 2013, 10:20 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No gifts, we'll exchange cards & prob go out dinner We keep it simple but always do a lil something.

February 12th, 2013, 11:08 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going downtown for a night this weekend I got him a movie, he got me a computer game. We take any opportunity to celebrate and get out of the house that we can! lol

February 13th, 2013, 02:51 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got him a card and a box of chocolates. My daughter wants to hide it and write clues so he was to go on a treasure hunt. I got my dd a lot of little v-day treats though. I think I went a little overboard on her. Ooops.

We usually order in Thai food on V-day.

February 13th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are going to the local college for a fun ultrasound to check the gender again. I just want to confirm that our doc is right

February 13th, 2013, 06:51 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD is handling all of the plans. We are having a night in together to save money since we're closing on the house next month. We always do cards and we agreed on small gifts this yr, nothing fancy or pricey. I got him an 8 pc custom box of Godivas and he got me a case of Tropical Dots (I love them, they are impossible to find in stores, the shipment got here yesterday, so I got to attack them early. Yum!). He also bought me roses yesterday bc he wouldn't have time after work on Thurs bc he has to go to Va. I will get home from work at 7:30, so I will see then what he has planned. I saw him checking the kitchen torch, so I think there will be creme brle involved. I made Super Bowl Sunday awesome for him, so I think he is trying to return the thought. I will prob bake a cake with DD in the morning before work.

February 13th, 2013, 07:00 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
We're not doing anything special. His birthday is today so his mom is having him a dinner tomorrow, why she chose tomorrow I don't know and the boys have a Valentine dance at school that I was planning on helping with. We'll buy each other and the kids a little something but it's not a huge day in our house.

February 13th, 2013, 11:21 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Nothing special. DH works that night. I haven't even got him a gift yet! =\ I'll probably pick him up some candy (he has a sweet tooth) Thursday morning when I'm in town to host my kiddo's party at school, but we really don't go all out for Valentine's day usually.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search