Makeup for birth

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree32Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 06:55 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What I happen to look like the day I go into labor is what I will look like. With DD, hair ended up in a sloppy pony tail and 28.5 hours later, I couldn't have cared less how I looked. I was just glad to hold my baby and be done with labor. This time, I will probably be most concerned about my parents getting to the house to stay with DD.

February 12th, 2013, 06:59 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I put on makeup in early labor with DD, but since I was in labor 2 1/2 days it didn't last long. I actually remember at one point my doula bringing me a cloth with witch hazel to wipe my face since it hasn't been washed in like 36 hours, lol. I don't think I'll care this time.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 12th, 2013, 07:06 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
hahah
this thread is too funny
no want or need to wear makeup, other than what I would have on already
after pushing and such getting sweaty all that makeup is ruined and your hair is matted
not worth it at all

February 12th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's great reading everyone's responses lol. I think i will definitely be putting makeup on after baby is born and I get to shower and get in to comfy clothes that way we can take a lot of nice pics and I will look somewhat decent.
MrsLat likes this.

February 12th, 2013, 07:11 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a mascara only girl on weekends and will do the same for my c section. Def won't do nails. I usually fix my hair anyway.
February 12th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I will definitely get dolled up. I had success with it during first delivery. I was freshly shaven, hair freshly colored, nails and toes done and makeup done. Of course, I was induced and knew when do primp myself. I feel so much better when I feel pretty.
February 12th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
lol, you ladies are crazy

C/S ladies, don't you have to wear a cap on your head during the actual surgery?

If I go into labor naturally I plan on comfort 100%. With all the sweating, pacing, hot cloths, sleeping (after epi, lol), and then the bursting of waters the sight of makeup running down my face or my done up hair going flat will NOT improve my mood, lol.

Nah, save the fanciness for after the baby is born. As for pictures during/immediately after you can relax...you JUST GAVE BIRTH. No one will look at those pictures and think "Wow, she looks a wreck." You will look natural.
Urchin, hilachu and MamaSkunk like this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 12th, 2013, 08:29 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
lol, you ladies are crazy

C/S ladies, don't you have to wear a cap on your head during the actual surgery?l.

Nah, save the fanciness for after the baby is born. As for pictures during/immediately after you can relax...you JUST GAVE BIRTH. No one will look at those pictures and think "Wow, she looks a wreck." You will look natural.
Yes you do wear a cap. I just straighten my hair anyway So it stays nice after the cap comes off. I know that no one is going to look at those pictures and say I look like crap but I will. And that is what I care about, my opinion of how I look hahaha.
MerinSun, Karen78 and Steph625 like this.

February 12th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Uh...makeup during labor? No way! I'm an epidural gal, so I sleep through most of labor anyway. I don't normally wear makeup, so there's no way I'm going to worry about it when I'm about to give birth.
February 12th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Rochelle
I am definitely not going to feel like putting on makeup after the surgery so before is my only chance. I'll only have to wear a cap during the surgery. Right afterwards I can take it off and my hair will still look decent from being freshly washed and blow-dryed.
February 13th, 2013, 03:11 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was in labor at home for like 2 days with dd and then it was like 5am when we went to the hospital to have her, so I was a mess! I had a hard, natural labor so I looked pretty rough after!

This time I would like to make it a point to get a pedicure close to my due date if not a few times before. Since it will be summer and it will be hard to paint my toes that would be nice. I thought I could take dd for her first time.

Other than that, I do my makeup everyday anyway but I am sure I am going to look like a train wreck after birth, and I am totally okay with that.

February 13th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't normally wear much makeup, and during labour it's a low priority for me. I almost always wear my hair in a braid or a ponytail, so it'll probably be the same when I'm in labour. I do always have my nails and toes done, but I do it myself, nothing fancy.

With DD, I had a home birth and I was in labour for 2 and a half days. Makeup and hair were the last things on my mind. But actually, looking back at the pictures I thought I looked kind of pretty...in a completely exhausted sort of way.

February 13th, 2013, 07:18 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
really?? maybe my toes because I always get my toes done. But I could careless about anything else.. I think I looked pretty good after giving birth to Nolan.

here we are about 7 hours after birth. Oh hell I'm not even sure I had showered by then. I was in baby heaven, we left the hospital shortly there after.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 13th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will for sure get a pedi, I usually get one year round anyways. I remember last time the dr commenting on my pretty toes lol!
I may put foundation on and curl my eyelashes but no mascara for me bc I do not want it to smear! I will try to take a shower before but not sure about straightening my hair since when I get sweaty it curls/frizzes back up. The thing I am really thing about doing is get my downstairs waxes around 30 weeks and may try it now bc I cannot even groom well & that bothers me. Im afraid the pain may put me into labor so I need check into it 1st.

February 13th, 2013, 09:23 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
While we are sharing our afterbirth pictures

Early labor with David

Right after David was born

Katelynn

Everett

4hearts and MamaSkunk like this.

February 13th, 2013, 10:01 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I highly doubt I will care much about makeup or having my nails done at the time. I just want to get through the whole thing safely. Props to you ladies that do but ti will be on the bottom of my priority list.
February 13th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Super Mommy
I've always swiped on mascara before, but I was also induced so I knew ahead of time. I do straighten my hair every time I wash it, but that's only every 3 days anyways and it only takes me 10 minutes to do, so it'll probably be done anyways. I will definitely take the time to put on some waterproof mascara and use an eyebrow pencil before going to the hospital if I'm not induced, I'm very fair and I look like I have virtually no eyebrows or eyelashes because they're so blonde. I suppose it'll probably take me a total of 2 minutes to do that much. Will definitely be bringing my makeup and my straightener to the hospital for afterwards!
4hearts and MrsLat like this.
February 13th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Rochelle
I think I'm going to invest in some waterproof mascara.
February 13th, 2013, 11:52 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Yep! I always wear make-up so hopefully i will have time to put a little on..

February 13th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
If I make it to my c-section date I'll have make up on since I never leave the house without any on. I will try and be shaved down there or at least groomed and my toes will be painted. With both my girls I went into labor or was an unexpected c-section so I was not prepared for either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search