Makeup for birth

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree32Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Rochelle
Was just reading an article about getting dolled up for the delivery. I'm definitely going to primp first (makeup, hair, nails, shaving) being that it's a c/s and I want to look nice.

Is it important to you to be dolled up or could you care less?
Gen88 and Karenna like this.
February 12th, 2013, 03:57 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I don't wear makeup or have my nails done normally so I won't have it done. Unless I go into labor at my daughters dance recital.

February 12th, 2013, 03:58 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having a c/s also. I will be getting ready and everything. And bringing my makeup with me to touch up when I can... there will be a lot of pictures being taken and I would like to look the best that I can!
Gen88 and Karenna like this.

February 12th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Hair and a little bit of makeup. I couldn't care less about my nails.

Although I'm not bringing my hair dryer to the hospital so hopefully most of pics are taken on the first day when my hair is done! Otherwise, it's wet ponytail for me!
Gen88 likes this.

February 12th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I plan on this time, when I was pregnant with DS I wasnt much In To makeup but looking back at the pics of the day I delivered I feel like I looked like crap lol we'll see how I feel when the day comes. I'll probably be in too much pain to even think about makeup.

February 12th, 2013, 04:02 PM
First time mommy :)
Knowing me, yes. Hair straightened, makeup done! :-)
February 12th, 2013, 04:14 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well after looking back at how awful I looked when I had my first 2 I made it priority to be all dolled up for my last and I will def do it again this time! I love my makeup and hair being done, just makes me feel better! Im a sahm and i do my hair and makeup everyday even if im not going newhere, just makes me feel a lil better!

February 12th, 2013, 04:16 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't wear makeup normally, so no.

February 12th, 2013, 04:19 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
I didn't with my first but I will with this one but not so much the nails
February 12th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It does matter to me. I will probably make sure I get ready every morning when my due date gets close! I don't wear much makeup, but some is a must.
February 12th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Veteran
With DS I went to the hospital for another reason and was unexpectedly induced when they discovered my BP was up a good amount. I didn't put any makeup on or do my hair and it didn't bother me. Actually i was in sweats and my husbands sweater lol. So I will play it by ear with this one. If I'm in the mood sure but won't stress if not. On weekends I rarely do my hair and makeup and am usually in sweats and hoodies unless we go somewhere. I dress up professionally for work everyday so I love to get a break from it when I can.

February 12th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never wear make up or do my hair (past running a brush through it quickly) so no, I won't be doing any of that for delivery.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 12th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Rochelle
I'm only going to paint my nails and blowdry my hair. Then I'll put my usual natural looking layer of makeup on that I wear only when I go out.
February 12th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I never do anything normally so I won't do anything different honestly the thought of being like "ooo I'm in labor, time to get dressed up so I look good for the pictures!" makes me LOL. It is soooooo the last thing on my mind at that point But I am a super crunchy zero makeup person anyway so that is just me!
zkat, Urchin and MamaSkunk like this.

February 12th, 2013, 05:29 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I doubt I will be primping or makeup. With DD it was 24 hours of excruciating back labor so by the end I looked like hell but oh well. Birth is hard work. I Will just toss my hair in a ponytail Im sure.

February 12th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Rochelle
Yea, I never cared before bc of all the hard labor but now that I'm going in for surgery for sure, I figure it's time to not look crappy for once. I hadn't thought much about it until I read the article and then I got a little excited at the thought of looking nice for the first "baby and Mommy" pictures. I can't wait! I'm getting so excited about this baby.
MrsLat and Karenna like this.
February 12th, 2013, 05:52 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I showered, shaved, and put makeup on before I went to the hospital with both mine. I fixed my hair with my first but didn't with my second because I realized what a waste of time that was...as soon as I was in heavy labor, I got all sweaty and annoyed with it and pulled it up anyway. I guess I'm not a very graceful laborer because even though I made an effort to put makeup on both times, by the time baby was born I looked like crap.

I'm sure I will make an effort again this time but since I'm going all natural this time, I expect similar rough looking after pictures lol.

Last edited by ashleykathleen; February 12th, 2013 at 05:56 PM.
February 12th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Veteran
just a warning, if you are having a c-section, they might take off your nail polish for the o2 monitor on your finger. I was told I had to take mine off before my d&c.

February 12th, 2013, 06:31 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My girls were both born in the middle of the night so I didn't have any makeup on with them. With Abri I was in the shower to ease contractions. I didn't do anything with my hair other than dry it off with a towel. I was lucky to have clothes on and make it to the nearest hospital with her, so I can't imagine that I will have spare time to make sure I look okay. I have super short hair. If I end up in labor in the middle of the night, my bed head will look something terrible. I will probably at least wet it and smooth it down so I don't have too many weird sections sticking straight up.
February 12th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesparkles View Post
just a warning, if you are having a c-section, they might take off your nail polish for the o2 monitor on your finger. I was told I had to take mine off before my d&c.

Glad you brought that up bc I was thinking about it earlier and was gonna look it up and forgot. I don't think I was wearing it at any other birth but someone had mentioned it to me before. I know I can't wear my jewelry sadly.

ETA: Ok looked it up and I think it's best if I just do my toenails and not my fingernails which is fine by me bc I don't really like polish on my fingernails anyways. They do want to be able to monitor your nailbeds for oxygen.

Last edited by 4hearts; February 12th, 2013 at 06:55 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search