OT - Beyond Frustrated!!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Super Mommy
DH took DD to her 3 year checkup this morning. I told him this morning that I didn't think she needed any shots today. When she was a newborn, our pediatricians office offered an "alternate shot schedule" which gave all of the necessary shots, but spread them out so they didn't receive so many at one time. We decided to go with this schedule and I have tried my best to keep up with all of the shots and dates. The office has never been great about following this schedule that THEY created and now it is not even an option for new babies. Today DH was told that she needed her 3rd dose of Hep B. He texted me and I said I thought that she had them all, but didn't have the paperwork at work with me, so I couldn't be 100% sure. The doctor insisted, so he had the shot given. I got home and looked at her paperwork and sure enough she has already had 3 Hep B shots. She had the first one at birth in the hospital. I have told them countless times about that hospital shot and it is still NOT in her record. I am beyond pissed! I hate the idea of shots and to now know that she had one today that she did not need makes me livid. Uggg! So the moral to the story is... keep up with your little ones shot records, especially if you decide to vary from the normal schedule.
February 13th, 2013, 03:21 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Ugh I would be so frustrated! Hugs Hun. Is there any effects of having an extra dose?

February 13th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is annoying. I'm sure she will be fine though. From a the dr's perspective it is better to give an extra immunization than to miss a needed one. I am not aware of any risks of having an extra shot, it is just not necessary, she already has the immunity so it won't matter one way or another. Hopefully the shot is still covered by your insurance.

I think sometimes it is too bad we don't all have personal family doctors who make house calls and keep track of everything perfectly for us I hate dealing with medical bureaucracy and paperwork! It is so complicated sometimes.

February 13th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I would be upset with the doctor for not keeping better records. I get copies of the state records which the doctor has to report any shots given to. The only ones my youngest is behind on is the chicken pox and MMR which I've always delayed with both my girls and will with Zack too.

February 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison.N.Hailey'sMom View Post
I would be upset with the doctor for not keeping better records. I get copies of the state records which the doctor has to report any shots given to.

*Amanda*

February 16th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good advice. I am tooooo trusting. I just take the kids for their appointments and go with what the doc says. On the other hand, my oldest has Aspergers. Had I not pushed for an evaluation through Early Intervention and then a develop pediatrician, the ped would never have caught it. They just assumed he was a developmentally on target little boy without really asking the right questions or listening to what I said. Thankfully, I pushed for everything. Lots of therapy and today he is doing tremendous. I know it is different than shots. However, lots of time parents do know their child best. Trust your instincts!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search