Heartburn and hair

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No heartburn in the first two pg. My first had a full head of hair and my second was bald until after age 1. This time lots of reflux in the first part of the pg.

February 27th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
John Hopkins University actually produced a medical study that showed there IS a correlation between women who experience severe heartburn during pregnancy and babies born with above average amounts of hair. It's not a 100% guarantee, but it does hold true for many women.

With Fiona I had what's probably considered a normal amount of heartburn during pregnancy - enough that I noticed it, but it wasn't unbearable - and she was born with a fairly normal amount of hair...not bald, but not Chewbacca-like. I've had a bit worse heartburn with this pregnancy, but still nothing unbearable...so we'll see when Finnegan comes out!
4hearts likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I had really bad heartburn for the last couple of months with DD.

She had quite a bit of hair! Even her arms and back were hairy hahaha

here's what she looked like at 3 days old

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 27th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Rochelle
I'm still not having any so I think my prediction of a hairless baby may come true. LOL
February 27th, 2013, 05:52 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I had terrible heartburn with Lily. It was so bad that I went through a giant bottle of Tums from Sams Club and had to sleep sitting up the last few weeks. She had a good amount of hair when she was born, but I'm going to blame all the pizza I ate.

I had no heartburn with Abri and she was super hairy. She had dark hair all over her head, back, and shoulders. My mom said I was the same way.

I've had no heartburn with this pregnancy so it will be interesting to see how much hair he'll have
February 27th, 2013, 08:41 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was true for DS. I had horrible heartburn and was sucking down TUMS like there were going out of style! On his 3D/4D US you could see all these little knots on his head...sonographer was like "hey, look at all that hair"...when DS was born it looked like he had a wig on! =)

This time, I have it again but the TUMS are not by my side every minute. I hope its true again...I'd love for my baby girl to have my curly hair too.

February 27th, 2013, 09:43 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it's true then this baby is a yeti. I didn't have it bad with DD until the very end, but she was born with a TON of hair. It all fell out but grew back immediately and now she has the most luscious locks ever.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 27th, 2013, 10:09 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
David I had zero heartburn and he was born with a head full of black hair plus a hairy back that he still has (poor guy).

Katelynn horrid heartburn rolaids were my friend. Bald, she stayed bald until she was almost 2 and then she sported a mullet.

Everett horrid horrid heartburn also bald, he is getting more hair now and he will also sport a mullet.
ashleykathleen likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 11:20 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
David I had zero heartburn and he was born with a head full of black hair plus a hairy back that he still has (poor guy).

Katelynn horrid heartburn rolaids were my friend. Bald, she stayed bald until she was almost 2 and then she sported a mullet.

Everett horrid horrid heartburn also bald, he is getting more hair now and he will also sport a mullet.
Both of my kids were super bald (despite wretched heartburn) and they both went through a mullet phase! I wonder if the super fine blonde hair has anything to do with that...or maybe we were both just blessed with kids awesome hair
navywifey2003 likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have any heartburn with both my boys and they both came out with full heads of hair. I have a ton of heartburn with this baby, and I'm afraid she is going to come out a monkey

February 28th, 2013, 08:00 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had some with my boys and they had some hair.

This one - OMG - I've never had such heartburn ever. And it started early. So this one better come out with some gorgeous locks! lol. Maybe we'll see some when we go for our 3D in a month.

February 28th, 2013, 08:49 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
Both of my kids were super bald (despite wretched heartburn) and they both went through a mullet phase! I wonder if the super fine blonde hair has anything to do with that...or maybe we were both just blessed with kids awesome hair
Its so weird to me that my younger two have such fine wispy hair. I looked like Sherly temple growing up and I have a ton of hair.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search