Heartburn and hair

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Rochelle
Most of us have heard the Old wives tale that the more heartburn you have, the more hair your baby will have. Has that been true for you in the past? How much heartburn have you had this time?

I think it actually -coincidentally- has been true for me. With DD1, I had hardly any and a bald baby. I had some with DS and he had a little hair. With DD2, I had a lot and actually took Rolaids for it and she had a lot of hair. With this one, not really any yet. And I've been feeling like this baby will be bald ever since the beginning of pregnancy.
February 14th, 2013, 04:19 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know its just a wives tale too but it has been true for me too. I had it terrible with my son, he had lots of hair. I have had it this time too so we will see.

February 14th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had it something AWFUL with my son. I was chewing tums like I had no other source of calcium or something. He was born with very little hair. I was disappointed. I kept dreaming of thick red curly locks Aw well. He has my blond hair and it looks awfully cute on him

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 14th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I read somewhere that whatever causes the valve at the top of the stomach to weaken during pregnancy (or whatever causes heartburn) is the same thing that causes hair to grow on the baby's head. Not sure how true that is either. But in my case the wives' tale was completely false. I had zero heartburn (well, like one single episode lasting a half hour) with my first and gave birth to a monkey.

I haven't had any this time either and I think this baby will be hairy too. At least I'm hoping! I had a ton of hair as a newborn.....maybe that has something to do with it. Hubby had some, but not a ton.
MommaMandaPanda89 likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 05:14 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had horrid heartburn/reflux with B and he had a headfulmof hair. It was cool because we could see it on the sonograms later in the pregnancy.

This time I have had some, but not as bad, yet.
February 14th, 2013, 05:39 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
It was true for Connor, I had horrible heartburn and he had a head full of hair when he was born, and never lost it! Which makes me wonder, because my heartburn hasn't been that bad this time around, but I don't want a bald baby girl! LOL

February 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Both of my boys had TONS of hair when they were born, but I don't remember my heartburn being unbearable. It got bad at times, though, so who knows?
February 14th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had terrible heartburn with M and everyone told me she'd have lots of hair, she was bald until she was almost a year old. She has her daddy's fine super-blond hair, not my thick bushy dark hair. So far my heartburn is slightly worse or at least starting earlier with this baby.

February 14th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not true for me! Never had heartburn and dd needed a haircut at birth!
Karen78 likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 06:55 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope our little guy has some hair! I had heartburn the other night for the first time I can ever remember in my life. I honestly wasn't sure what was going on and then I realized it might be heartburn so I had some TUMS and it helped. My siblings were all born with very little hair and I had basically no hair until I turned 3. I'm not sure if my husband had a lot of hair when he was born (I don't think he did), but several of his nieces and nephews have been born looking like little troll dolls they had so much! I kind of hope he looks like that! It will be interesting to see how everyone's babies come out!
4hearts likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 08:56 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Completely false for me. I had absolutely awful heartburn with both my kids and both have totally bald. They both have blonde fine hair so I think that has more to do with it...also DF and I were both bald as babies. I have already had bad heartburn with this one but I expect another bald baby.

February 14th, 2013, 09:12 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
The opposite is true for me. I had zero heartburn with David and he was a hairy monkey he still is. He has more hair on his back than my husband. I had horrid heartburn with Katelynn and Everett they both had barely any hair still have very fine wispy hair. Which is odd because I have beyond thick hair and so does everyone in our family.

February 15th, 2013, 03:09 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had bad heartburn with my dd but it didn't start until like 7, 8, 9 months. She was born with hardly any hair. This time, I started having heartburn so much earlier. I hope it is true this time, I would so love to have a baby with a head full of hair! My dh and I both have super thick hair.

February 15th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had zero heartburn with both Alex and Sebastian and they both came out with mops on their heads. Sebastian still has a hairy back, not gross, but a very fine line of hair that trails down his spine.

I have had a ton of heartburnw ith this baby, and I bet she will come out bald.

February 15th, 2013, 07:11 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I only really had heartburn with Debbie, her hair was fine and red.
Kaytie was a monkey and no hurt burn.
Nolan a little bit and bunch of blonde hair.
I have just started getting heartburn with Henry, but only when I eat pineapple.. GRRR lol

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

February 15th, 2013, 07:17 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I had bad heart burn with my son, and he was born with an average amount of hair. Luckily, I had really no heartburn with my daughter, but she had about the same amount of hair. With this baby I am having problems with heartburn daily... So we'll see what kind of hair she has

February 15th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I had heartburn with both my girls but it was worst with Hailey. Both came out with hair but not a lot.

February 15th, 2013, 11:22 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
had bad heartburn with DS and he had a full head of hair
baby girl is being way worse with heartburn she might come out looking like a wookie at this point
4hearts likes this.

February 26th, 2013, 12:25 PM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
I kinda hope this isn't true....I've only had one (very short) case of heartburn....both me and DF have a head full of hair and did at birth as well...
I guess we will see...

*Amanda*

February 26th, 2013, 11:53 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had horrible HB with the twins and they were both pretty darn bald. But in all fairness, I don't see how twin moms make it through pregnancy without getting HB. Your tummy gets pushed up SOOOO far into your chest at the end! With Miles my HB was atrocious and he had a full head of hair at birth (and still has gorgeous hair). I've had terrible HB this time, too, so I am guessing we'll have another hairy one on our hands if the wives' tale is true. Fine with me - I love babies with hair

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search