Numb Hands. Is this the pregancy carpel tunel??? UGH

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 12:40 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone else every get this, my hands fall asleep and go completely numb and it hurts soooo bad.
February 15th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Super Mommy
I get it every now and then, and usually only when I am putting pressure on it. I remember the last month or so of my pregnancy with my first, the tips of my fingers were permanently numb.
February 15th, 2013, 01:15 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Yep, I get this quite a bit. I honestly don't remember getting it during my last pregnancies, but I've been having it since a couple months into this one.
February 15th, 2013, 01:19 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like it. I had it with B1 and it drove me crazy. I asked my OB what I could do for it and she said "Deliver and then wait 4-6 weeks" UGH
February 15th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Oh wow yeah it's such an odd feeling. really that is what she said? can't do anything about it....shoot lol
February 15th, 2013, 01:29 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you My fingers stayed numb the last 6-8 weeks.
February 15th, 2013, 02:21 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I've been getting it. A friend ad it the entire time she was pregnant with her second baby and it went away after she had him.

February 15th, 2013, 05:01 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
i had it the last trimester with DS and it got worse and worse each day
I was really afraid it wouldnt go away but it did a couple weeks after he was born

February 15th, 2013, 10:12 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm getting it to especially while sleeping.

February 16th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
This is my problem. I can't figure out how to position my arms so they don't go numb while sleeping.
February 16th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Huh my hands go numb a lot I just thought I was putting too much preseure in them while laying down didn't realize it was pregnancy related.

February 17th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Mine are worst when sleeping too. Last night a slept with a wrist brace on each hand. It was annoying but my hands wre not half as bad when I woke today
February 17th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had carpal tunnel and tendonitis before I ever got pregnant. I have made good use of these items:

For Tendonitis:
Amazon.com: MedSpec Universal Ryno Lacer Wrist Brace Long - Left - Black: Health & Personal Care

If you buy it, make sure you look under the "color" option to select whether you want it to be a left brace or a right brace. I got into a wicked email fight with them about mine and I had to get Amazon involved. This was because when I selected it off the main search page on Amazon it was listed as "left" (what I needed) it did not say anything about options in the description or in the ordering box. I didn't care about color so why would I click on the color options box? They've changed the picture since but it was also a left handed picture when I got mine. So, labeled left, picture left, and no instructions stating that I have to pick a hand. Grrr. Still makes me mad today. The product is great though.

For regular carpal tunnel:

Walmart has a few braces that will work nicely, I would recommend one that extends further down your arm to keep you from forcing it to bend in your sleep. MedSpec on Amazon also has a few nice models that do that.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 17th, 2013, 03:21 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dealt w/ carpal tunnel before my babies...but it was never really severe. However, holy moly, when I was pregnant with DS it totally flared up beginning 2nd Tri and lasted all the way to the end. Although, my hands never went numb, my wrists would just seize up on me and I wouldn't be able to bend/flex them and then I would get the tingles and shooting pains from my wrists into my my hands. It only happened at work and I would have to stop typing (worst trigger for it), put my hands in the air and start working them around and eventually they would start to give again. So far this time, it has started again but doesn't seem as intense.

*A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my super fantastic siggy!!*

February 20th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I get it too especially when sleeping. However I do get it as well during the day once I hold onto something for a while...sucks. Now it's a chore combing my girls hair
February 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I feel for you ladies. Mine is really bad today. it happens daily now. the go numb at night and then the whole next day they are sore. I can't make a fist or grasp anything that tight. They hurt so bad

I wear the braces every night.
February 26th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Plus if I hold anything too tightly for even a short time. Got it before but I cannot remember it happening so early on...I am app 23 weeks. Hoping it goes away soon or at least after having baby

Good luck to all who have it...sucks! Lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search