gave Notice at work

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By jhmomofmany
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany
  • 1 Post By MissyBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 04:07 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
3 weeks and I'll be "just a mom" again! I hope time flies, I'm so excited... My boss has always been so chipper and talkative on the phone, when she was calling to ask me to cover extra shifts or work doubles, anyway. When I called and told her I had to give notice she was really curt. She just said "Our policy is three weeks" and told me to send a letter of resignation via e-mail. Then she practically hung up on me. LOL! Didn't bother me at all, I was doing a happy dance.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 15th, 2013, 05:03 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo! I love giving notice, LOL. I am sort of a terrible employee though, being a SAHM fits me.
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 15th, 2013, 05:59 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! I CAN'T WAIT to quit my job! DH might have to take another class in order to graduate next quarter, and I'm sorta hoping he does so I have an excuse to quit early and not feel guilty.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 15th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I quit teaching after last school year because we were moving back near our hometown. I decided not to work anymore and I keep telling Dh that I was born for this. I love being able to stay at home.

This also reminds me of when I worked Arby's in high school. I only worked 8 days before deciding to quit. I called to give my 2 weeks notice and the district manager answered. He said to not bother coming in anymore since I was still training.
February 15th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I had been going back and forth about my quitting for a long time. Then I had a couple of days of work where it was a bit demoralizing...and I made a snap decision and told the appropriate people that I would not be coming back after my maternity leave.

Honestly though...it makes the most sense for us anyway. DH has a job that is demanding more and more of his time and there is just no way that he could care for an infant and a toddler while I went to work part-time. Plus, I wouldn't be able to do cloth diapering, breastfeeding would be a challenge again because of the pumping (I *HATE* pumping), and I would be bringing in even less because I'd have to drop my one full day (2 kids in daycare for one day would cost more than my not going in at all).

SO. Financially and emotionally it really is the best choice. I just really don't feel comfortable because of all of our financial burdens as it is

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 15th, 2013, 09:50 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I love being an sahm! I bet you can't wait!

February 16th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I was a SAHM for more than 11 years before I had to get a job "temporarily" 4 years ago when DH was laid off the first time. So, even though I'm thankful for what I've learned about myself in the last four years, I really feel it is time to get back where I belong.
edgeofelise likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 16th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love being a SAHM too I had an interesting career but I also just didn't deal well with the stresses of it. Mommy stress is just as real but in a whole different category for me, and I find SAHMhood to be very emotionally rewarding. I am a much happier and more balanced person now. I do think when my kids are older I will get back to some degree of a career, but probably not as high level as what I was being pushed into before, so hopefully way less stressful. And DH makes way more money now anyway than I ever would have, and he needs the support at home to be able to devote his time and energy to it properly, so it is really just a household division of labor that makes sense for our family right now.

February 16th, 2013, 07:16 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Yay! I'm hoping I'll be able to quit come June. Having to pay for after school care for one child, and full time daycare for an infant and 3 year old will cost more than I make. It makes no sense to lose money. I miss being home. It's a hard job for sure, but I learned a lot about myself and what my priorities need to be.
February 16th, 2013, 09:40 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm jealous you've only got 3 weeks left! I am quitting my nanny job (which is at night... so it messes with my sleeping! And I'm getting quite uncomfortable sitting on their couch for 8+ hours several nights a week) the end of April or beginning of May. It just depends on how soon she finds someone else. She has applications and is interviewing some people this week I think, so I'm hoping I can quit in April. I love the girls I watch, but I'm over it. The other nanny job I have, which is sporadic babysitting really, I will probably keep doing some until the baby comes and then she says I have to just bring the baby after, but we will see about that, haha. I am going to try to keep teaching Zumba as long as I can, though it is seriously kicking my butt these days. I will be going back to that after, once I am ok to do it, and luckily I can just take the baby there with me, so that works out well! I'm in school now and will take the summer off and go back to it in the fall, hopefully, and then graduate in May. I would like to be a SAHM for a while before I actually have to work, but it just depends on our situation at that point, I guess!
February 17th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome! That must have felt soooo good!
February 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Melissa, I work nights too, as a home health aide. A lot like being a nanny, actually, LOL! Sleeping every night is definitely something I look forward to. At least until Baby comes.

February 17th, 2013, 07:58 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
Melissa, I work nights too, as a home health aide. A lot like being a nanny, actually, LOL! Sleeping every night is definitely something I look forward to. At least until Baby comes.
Yes! This is why I wanna quit earlier, so I can sleep a lot before the baby comes! Lol.
jhmomofmany likes this.
February 18th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I still make way too much money to quit working, but I'm jealous. I have to say my job has suffered because I'd rather give my family my full attention & my job sometimes requires work at home. I just don't do it. I've been thinking about looking for another job. I've only been working this one for two years & I'm not completely happy with it. I loved the job I had before we moved even though I made $10000 less a year & I keep comparing them. Not a good thing. Sometimes I wish DH would find a job in a warm state & I could just stay at home. (He looks sometimes & says he's qualified, but I think he's happy for now & I know the boys love being close to family.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search