Crib bumper??

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Super Mommy
Will you use one?

I had one with Reagan and never had a problem, but I am going back and forth about it this time around. Thoughts?
February 15th, 2013, 07:35 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We used one with DD only until she could roll from her back to her belly. Then we took it out so she couldn't get trapped with her face against it. I'm not sure what we will do his time either. I haven't gotten a bedding set yet. But I don't regret the way we did it. From things that I read, the temp and air circulation are really big in preventing SIDS and we were really on top of those. And, like I said, we removed the bumper before it was a suffocation hazard. No pillows or blankets in the crib either.

February 15th, 2013, 07:47 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didnt use one till almost a year and that was a breathable one (its still on) and that was just to prevent his pacifiers from falling out of the bed. It doesnt even make it all the way around the crib.
February 15th, 2013, 08:24 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have one from B1 but mostly B2 will not sleep in the crib, except maybe nap time. B1 slept with us for 19 months and I foresee this little guy sleeping with us for a long while too (unless he decides life is better down the hall) so I don't put much thought into the bumpers.

I think if my babies slept in a crib I would use the breathable ones. B1 was quite the wiggle worm from a young age and could wedge himself in lots of places.
February 15th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
no,no,no! I used dd's as a border on the wall...I do not think I will get a crib set this time instead just cute sheets & matching decor

February 15th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Veteran
Yep, right from the get go. (Ya ya I know!!) but really once they get like 7-8 months they are nice cause once my babies could roll they always slept on their tummies bum in the air and would scooch around and when I took them off with dd 1 I could literally hear her bonking her head along the crib!!

February 16th, 2013, 07:09 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
used it since Liam was born
we switched to the breathable one when he started pulling himself up in his crib
i was worried he use it get himself out of his crib
which never actually happened, we switched to him to a toddler bed before that ever happened

February 16th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We plan on using a breathable one.
February 16th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes I used them. Yes I will use them again.

February 16th, 2013, 09:16 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We used one with all three kids, but they don't sleep in the crib much anyways.

February 16th, 2013, 09:48 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope.

February 16th, 2013, 11:20 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Never used the one that came with Connors. Stuck it in a corner behind the chair in the nursery and that was that. We bought a breathable bumper and used that one. Now the Minnie Mouse set I'm getting this time doesn't even come with a bumper!!!

However, he never actually slept in the crib lol we ended up co sleeping and bed sharing!

February 16th, 2013, 02:13 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We never had one with DD. She slammed up against the rails a few times, but it never even woke her up. I think she got her leg caught once around 18 months, but she was awake and playing around in there. We won't use one this time, either.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 16th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used one with dd once she started sleeping in the crib around 6 months. But the set we're getting for Aidan doesn't even come with a bumper. We might get a breathable one once he actually starts sleeping in the crib but I anticipate that won't be until he's at least 6 months old.

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 17th, 2013, 03:04 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS had a traditional crib bumper and this lil LO will too.

February 17th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
I used one with my 3 year old but not sure I will use one this time.
February 18th, 2013, 12:00 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The bedding set we're going to get doesn't come with a bumper. But I plan on using a breathable one.
February 18th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, not a traditional one. I purchased a breathable one when he started wiggling around a lot and kept getting his arms and legs stuck (he was past 6 months). When I go in to check on him while he is sleeping he almost always has his face (mouth and nose) smashed into the bumper. I can feel his breath coming and going through the mesh so there is circulation going on (I even tested it on myself by wrapping it around my head, lol). I would never buy a regular bumper.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 18th, 2013, 06:47 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Not going to risk it, personally. It's one of those things that would probably be fine, but if anything happened I would never forgive myself so I'm not going to chance it.

February 18th, 2013, 07:51 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one with DD...and she didnt sleep in her crib til 6 months though anyway. And when she did she never smushed up against it and used the bumper til she was switched to her toddler bed. It was not something i was even aware of. I will most likely put one in with this one too and when he transistions to the crib at 6 months then I will see what kind of sleeper he is. And if he sleeps like my DD does he will be fine. As she doesnt toss and turn much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search