2 vessel umbilical cord question

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By princess136
  • 1 Post By noah and lola's mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SIL was told today that she has this. I think I remember someone else in our ddc with a 2 v cord. Anyone have any experience with this?

Please keep mommy and baby in your prayers.
February 18th, 2013, 08:42 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
My friend's baby had this. Her baby also had Trisomy 18 and didn't make it but I am not sure if that was just part of her baby's multiple issues or one that is indicative of it.

I will def put them in my thoughts and prayers.

I would also post this in the high risk board because those moms have seen it all.
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.

~Kristin~
February 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM
NoahandLola's Mommy
It can be a sign that something is wrong but it usually has no correlation.
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1 of my babies has a 2 vessel cord. it can be a sign of issues with the baby but in my case because all the other organs were in tact it was okay it can just mean the baby needs to be watched closely to make sure it is growing on schedule.

The 1st thing they checked is to see if the kidneys were okay because it can mean there is an issue with kidneys then they checked the heart and brain very closely. If they do not see anything else out of the norm on the scan then it will just mean a follow up with a high risk doctor to check things out in detail just to be sure and more u/s & possibly more testing(genetic) if they see that something is not forming correctly.

I freaked out and the tech said calm down because it happens and most cases it is fine the baby just may be a bit smaller at birth. You technically do not need the 3rd vessel(amazing how are bodies work). I was happy to hear this.

Please tell your SIL not to freak out just yet. Was this found at her 20 week u/s? Did they say if the kidneys, hear & brain looked good?

and tell her to stay off of google!!!

Last edited by crawmommy; February 18th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
February 18th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawmommy View Post
1 of my babies has a 2 vessel cord. it can be a sign of issues with the baby but in my case because all the other organs were in tact it was okay it can just mean the baby needs to be watched closely to make sure it is growing on schedule.

The 1st thing they checked is to see if the kidneys were okay because it can mean there is an issue with kidneys then they checked the heart and brain very closely. If they do not see anything else out of the norm on the scan then it will just mean a follow up with a high risk doctor to check things out in detail just to be sure and more u/s & possibly more testing(genetic) if they see that something is not forming correctly.

I freaked out and the tech said calm down because it happens and most cases it is fine the baby just may be a bit smaller at birth. You technically do not need the 3rd vessel(amazing how are bodies work). I was happy to hear this.

Please tell your SIL not to freak out just yet. Was this found at her 20 week u/s? Did they say if the kidneys, hear & brain looked good?

and tell her to stay off of google!!!
They couldn't 100% see the right kidney, so she goes back for another u/s in 4 weeks.
February 18th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So everything checked out besides the 1 kidney?

Does she have to see a high risk or no?

February 18th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawmommy View Post
So everything checked out besides the 1 kidney?

Does she have to see a high risk or no?
As far as I know it's just the right kidney that they're concerned about. I don't think she has to see a high risk. Not yet anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search