My baby story... warning... Its LONG!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 05:49 PM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
About 6 weeks ago we woke up to a beautiful Alaskan day and decided to call some friends over for a snow machine/ 4 wheeler ride. My amazing DH had gotten me a SxS for our anniversary and I was ready to take it out for spin! This was all spur of the moment. After a great ride we were all sitting in the garage on our machines and checking our phones since we had been out for several hours. My friend says "hey guys, I just got a message asking if I know anyone interested in adopting a baby due this summer". Without hesitating or thinking I simply said "I want it!". (We have been trying for more for so long and after my most recent loss I had given up hope that we could expand our family). She looked at me and said "I didn't know you were interested in adoption". Well, up until that moment, I wasn't, but suddenly it was all I could think about. I talked with DH that night and by morning we were being put in contact with the potential birth mother. She started out texting me and we spent a week getting to know each other that way. Then we moved to phone conversations. Then we met in person at the clinic where I work. After that we went to dinner with my 2 youngest b/c DH was away for work and DD1 was on a week long field trip with school. It was easier to gradually introduce her b/c our family can be a bit overwhelming! The first night we had everyone together, it was discovered that the support people (M2&C) that the birthmother (M1) is staying with were on a flight with DH. C took care of our dog at the local vet clinic and we have talked to her several times. M2 is an airforce MP and stopped DH recently for a broken tail light, and the kicker... DH works with C's dad!! It is truly a small circle that we are in. Since the beginning not a single day has gone by that M1 and I don't talk or text. I see her at least once a week, usually more and I've been there for 2 ultrasounds. We are 87% certain that baby is a girl, but we will confirm on Thursday when I surprise her with a 3d ultrasound. We also have our first appointment with the attorney on Thursday afternoon. She consistently refers to baby as "your baby", and makes comments about "I'm carrying your baby" and "well, you're pregnant, just not in your uterus", and "come feel your baby kicking". When I first told her that the lawyer can have everything ready and completed before baby leaves the hospital and that baby can come home with us she freaked out and said "even if its not completed, you're still taking the baby home, right?!?!?". I had to explain to her that I simply meant LEGALLY. She got the kids candy for Valentines Day and brought it over and spend the entire day with us Saturday just hanging out and letting me rub on her belly. I slept better that night than I have in months. It is so amazing to see how my children are reacting to all of this. They are beyond excited and to them its simply our baby growing in M1's belly.
And here is my baby's first picture. I almost wish I could sleep and wake up in June I'm so excited and impatient waiting.....

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
February 18th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it is wonderful that the birth parents love this child enough to ensure that she will have a great life with parents who want to love her. A truly lucky little girl.

February 18th, 2013, 05:56 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a beautiful story! I am so happy fornyou and your family nhe is giving such a selfless gift to you.
February 18th, 2013, 05:58 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a beautiful and amazing story! I am so excited for you and your family! I can see why the adoption group didn't feel right for you. Congratulations again and again!

February 18th, 2013, 08:35 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very cool! Will it be an open or closed adoption afterward? My DH was adopted and just last january he found his birth mom. (He didnt even know til he was 40 that he was adopted and found his birth mom almost 7 years later.)

February 18th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a beautiful story! I'm so happy you're finally having the baby you've been hoping for so long! Can't wait to hear more updates

February 18th, 2013, 09:03 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
That is so great. My sister is adopting a baby she met right after his birth at 27wks.. She saw him every day in the nicu then brought him home. She knows the parents and shares info about how he's doing. It initally was just supposed to be foster care but I guess when things are right, they just all work out.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
February 19th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Super Mommy
That is so incredibly sweet and amazing! I love it!
February 19th, 2013, 08:08 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Aww. Such a wonderful story. I'm so excited for you!

February 19th, 2013, 10:20 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
That is amazing! I am so happy for your family!

February 19th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like it was meant to be so happy for you!!! Great story!

February 19th, 2013, 12:32 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I just loved reading this!!! Such as beautiful story! I am sooo happy for you!!!

February 19th, 2013, 02:58 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow that is an amazing story!!! I am so happy for you and your family! What a blessing to find someone so great to trust you and DH and bless you with a beautiful baby! Have you thought of names yet?

February 19th, 2013, 06:49 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh what a wonderful story!! Baby looks beautiful
February 19th, 2013, 10:43 PM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
Thank you so much ladies!! I am super excited. I can't wait for our ultrasound on Thursday to confirm the gender. Like I said, we are pretty certain its a girl, and she will be named Amelia Renae. We have not been able to decide on a boy name. I really like Grayson Alexander or Sawyer Lee. DH likes Judah Vernon (Vernon is a family name). I will definitely update my ticker the minute I get home from our U/S appointment.

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
February 19th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How amazing!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search