MOTW - Day 1 - Updated Day 2 *pic overload*

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By loveneverfails

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Day 1 - All about me: pre babies

I was born and raised in central Va. I lived in the same house up until I was 18 and went away to college. I am the baby of the family. My sister is 8 years older than me. That was unplanned as my mom had fertility issues which I seemed to have inherited. Pretty much I had a boring childhood. My mom was my main caregiver and I didn't spend too much quality time with my dad or sister. My sister and I are close now but age difference was always an issue when we were younger. When I was younger I played the violin for 8 years, I played soccer in middle and high and sometimes ran track. Track was mainly to stay in shape.

I moved away(sort of) at 18 and went to college. The first two years I came home during the summer months to work at a daycare. I majored in speech-patholoogy with a minor in special education. I was in a sorority - Alpha Xi Delta. Safe to say I spent a little too much of the first two years of college enjoying being on my own and enjoying parties. I loved most parts of the sorority and believe it really did teach me people skills, how to handle conflict and leadership. Believe me there was conflict. I learned a lot about how to manage things.

I loved working with children. I worked in two daycares, was a nanny and babysitter. I loved it. Children were and still are truly my entire life. I worked for some AWESOME families....and a couple of not so great ones.

By the end of college I ended up hating the speech program at my school (not speech itself but the program, professors, department head,etc) They are very corupt and I decided to go to grad school for special education. I went to a different grad school close to home but only because DH (BF at the time) was sent to shore duty.

But...more on DH and I tomorrow.

Sorry so short....I had a pretty boring childhood haha.

Day 20 - DH and I

Our story is probably a little more intersting than my childhood haha or at least I hope.

First we met in early September 2007 at a bar. I was out with some sisters and he was really close with a couple of my sisters. He says that he saw me walk in and asked who I was and the sister he was standing with told him I was her sorority sister. He says that he knew right then he was going to talk to me by the end of the night. At some point later that sister came up to me and said that her friend wanted to know if I had a boyfriend. So I asked her who he was and said something a long the lines of yea sure he's cute. Some time later DH came over and bought me a drink.

Fast foward half the night and we were hanging out having a good time and I went over to another sister and asked her what she thought of him...her words were "He's really nice, super sweet.....and his kid's really cute too." WHAT?!?! I was shocked. So she told me that he was divorced with a 1 year old. DH came back over to me later and asked if I wanted to hang out later. I said no...he now had three strikes aganist him. 1. he was in the Navy. 2. He was divorced and 3. he had a kid. I told him I didn't think I could see myself hanging out with him in that way at all.

Well of course that didn't really work out so well as the drinks we were all drinking ended up changing my mind...at least for the night. He ended up coming back to my apartment with a few friends and sisters after last call. What was really funny was that as everyone was leaving he tried to stay the night. I ended up kicking him i wouldn't even let him sleep on our living room floor. he says that he ended up sleeping in the study hall room down the hall from my apartment because he had nowhere to go. LOL. The next day he called to hang out but I had said no I had homework to do. Which was a half truth. We didn't see each other again for two weeks because he had his son's birthday and then I had sorority recruitment which last 5 days and we had to stay out of the bars and pretty much anyone not in our sorority to make things fair. After our pinning ceremony at the end of recruiment it is pretty much tradition to have a drink at he bar. DH happened to be there and at some point that night he asked me out on a date. I said sort of reluctantly said yes.

Our first day was a few days later on a Wed night. on Sept 19th. We went to a loca italian place. We ended up talking all through dinner and all night long. We quickly realized how much we had in common and from that moment on we pretty much never stopped talking. I met his son a month later and we were pretty much inseperable. With the exception of his many underways that he was out to sea.

Right at our one year anny DH deployed for 8 months. That was rough but I kept myself busy with school. We he came home we moved into a house together. Things started to get rocky with his ex which was an on and off theme. It was rocky during the deployment and afterwards. SS had pretty much been convinced that her boyfriend was his new dad. It was horrible. The day DH came home SS kept calling him "other dad" It was bad. DH was heartbroken because that was not the way it was before he left. I did see SS while he was gone and tried to keep up the relationship but it wasn't the same.

After awhile things go better. DH was moved to a base near SS and we up an moved. At that point we fought for shared custody of SS and although it was a long tense battle at times it all worked out for the best.

We were engaged in May 2010 and married in October 2010. Shortly after we wanted to start a family but then ran into all of our issues. We are so thankful to finally be welcoming two new babies into our family.

We have been through so many ups and downs over the past 5 years. We had a rough patch for about the past year and half. There were times that I swore I was up and leaving. Many times due to the stress of a blended family. Through it all we have stuck together and I know in the end we will be strong because of it all. Things are already looking up for us. It was really hard being hit hard if such a life changing infertility issue so early in our marriage. I look back and think wow. I can't believe we made it. I'm looking forward to many more years knowing that if we can make it through what we have we can make it through anything.

Now for some pictures:

One of the first pictures together when we first started dating

All three of us early on

A few nights before DH deployed

DH the day he deployed

SS and I waiting for the ship to pull in

and just because I LOVE this picture of SS from that day

Finally home!

Wedding photo

Honeymoon

and a more recent one of us

Last edited by loveneverfails; February 19th, 2013 at 04:51 PM.
February 18th, 2013, 05:43 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I look forward to learning all about you!

February 19th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Looking forward to today's post. Just had to add. I have been told I live a vanilla life. Sometimes that is a good thing.

February 19th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Super Mommy
Nothing wrong with a mainly uneventful childhood! I can't wait to hear your story about you and your DH!
February 19th, 2013, 09:30 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Aww it's funny how things have a way of bringing you back to someone. I swore I would never be with a military man either

February 19th, 2013, 09:42 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love your love story! How sweet! I know from experience how hard blended families can be but I am so glad that you stuck it out and things worked out for the best! So happy for you to have these precious babies coming into your life.

February 19th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing

February 19th, 2013, 10:58 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow love all the great pics! And I gotta say your DH is definately the lucky one Katie...your beautiful! And if I didnt know better if i just seen you and your SS somewhere I would think he was yours

February 20th, 2013, 08:09 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very cute love story. I love all the pics! Thanks for sharing!

February 20th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Super Mommy
You guys make such a beautiful family!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search