When it rains, it pours (kinda literal)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By zkat
  • 5 Post By phantomsgrl11
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So DD and I went out for an hour or so this afternoon. When we got back, I proceeded to go to the bathroom cuz ya know I'm pregnant and I have to pee every 45 minutes or so... Well I pee'd and flushed and wouldn't ya know it, the toilet overflowed.. Call the landlord, wait an hour, call him again, finally he calls back about 20 minutes later.. He says he'll call roto rooter first thing in the morning and not to use the bathroom again... Not a huge deal because we do have two bathrooms... DD proceeds to use the other bathroom cuz ya know she's three and has a tiny bladder... SAME THING! So I call the landlord again and he informs me that he talked to the plumber and they will be meeting over here sometime in the morning, hopefully before noon... Ummm is this a joke?! You cannot have a pregnant lady and a toddler in a house with no usable toilets!!!! I'm just ready to cry...

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 18th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
That sucks! My toilet on the first floor is unusable cause my daughter must have flushed something unflushable down the thing so now we have 5 girls and my husband using the one in.my room and it blows. I hope they fix it quickly hun.
February 18th, 2013, 06:16 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
And where exactly does he expect you to use the npbathroom for the next 12 hours? I assume you tried plunging, though if both are backing up it sounds like it may be a main line issue.

I would call him back. There should be a provision in your lease that addresses emergencies and most states would consider no working toilet an emergency
LisaS and TeresaV like this.
February 18th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Idk... Fortunately I have a friend who lives fairly close and has offered use of her bathroom should we require it... But I'm just gonna hope for the best and pray I don't have to pee... I seem to be fairly hydrated today so I can try to avoid drinking anything more tonight... And I guess I'll call it a night early.. I'm so frustrated and tired... I'm ready to find a house and buy and get the heck out of this place..

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 18th, 2013, 07:43 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Forget that if I really had to pee I'd be squatting in the bath tub and just clean it out good the next day. LOL No way I'd be able to skip my 6am pee wake up call. LOL

February 18th, 2013, 08:07 PM
I just had to pee.. We decided that if we had to pee, we would just not flush... Which is disgusting but I can't go to my friend's house because SO isn't home until 12 and DD is asleep...

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 19th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Super Mommy
Ugh, I hated having landlords. Having your own house isn't tons better because if it breaks you gotta fix it yourself. But at least when you can call your own plumber they're usually at your house within an hour.
February 19th, 2013, 07:05 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Oh my goodness. That really stinks. That's something that needs taken care of ASAP

February 19th, 2013, 07:19 AM
They're supposed to be here within the next 45 minutes...

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 19th, 2013, 09:21 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Wow that sucks, I remember they told us the same thing when we lived in military housing my husband was not so nice about it. I hope it gets fixed soon!

February 19th, 2013, 10:01 AM
They came and there was a root in the sewer line... And then another bigger root... So we're waiting another hour in roto rooter...

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 19th, 2013, 02:30 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ah we had that problem a couple years ago. Our washing machine backed up into our downstairs toilet. They ground the roots, but I wonder how long until they grow back...

February 19th, 2013, 05:53 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no is it fixed yet? Thats terrible
February 19th, 2013, 06:31 PM
It's all fixed now! We can flush the toilets and actually shower now!!!
4hearts likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search