Kick Counts

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom
  • 1 Post By bobbiejo1982

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 07:55 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who is starting to do kick counts yet? (For FTM...counting kicks to see if theres ten kicks in an hour basically)

February 18th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Should we be feeling 10 an hour now?
February 18th, 2013, 09:26 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Only when babies super active...not every single hour. Basically I do a kick count when hes up and moving about

February 19th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I eat dinner late and then take a bath. Afterwards I lay down. She generally kicks like crazy then. Of course I still use my hands on the belly to feel the kicks for sure.

February 19th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Not yet. I think my OB had me start doing them around 28 weeks.

February 19th, 2013, 09:18 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Not yet I didnt really do it with my other three, they would just ask if baby was active and I would say yes. Everett was impossible to count because I didnt feel constant movement until I was almost 30 weeks.

February 19th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
My doctor with DD never really asked me to do them until 30 weeks and even then it wasn't really counting so much as making sure that there was movement within certain time periods. DD was pretty lazy and I never counted, I just made note if I hadn't felt her for awhile and would try to wake her up.
edgeofelise likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 19th, 2013, 11:29 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalynas_Mom View Post
My doctor with DD never really asked me to do them until 30 weeks and even then it wasn't really counting so much as making sure that there was movement within certain time periods. DD was pretty lazy and I never counted, I just made note if I hadn't felt her for awhile and would try to wake her up.
Ditto this. Henry is a really active baby, though. Normal movement for him is like 200 kicks an hour, so I don't really bother counting. If it's been a while since I've felt him move, I just sit down and poke at my belly for a bit. My midwives don't really stress an actual count, just to be aware of a sudden drop in movement.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 19th, 2013, 11:35 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
^same. New doctor this time around, so I don't know yet what she'll recommend, but I remember her mentioning something about closer to 28-30 weeks.
February 19th, 2013, 01:03 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
No because I still feel nothing
Disruptivebubbles likes this.
February 19th, 2013, 02:21 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was also told not til later. At this point the doc just asks if I am feeling movement.

February 19th, 2013, 05:50 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No I never did with Drake. I just poke around or drink something cold if Im worried but usually a few pokes and this one pokes back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiejo1982 View Post
Aww dont stress too much, I know Ive said this before but I didnt feel Drake till 24 weeks. Its hard to wait and you worry but its hard for first time moms as you dont know what you are looking for a lot of times too. Im sure in retrospect I must have felt something earlier, like little flutters but I just wasnt sure and it wasnt until I felt like a genuine kick did I count it as feeling the baby. Youll feel them soon I promise.
February 19th, 2013, 10:53 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not yet, I just usually change positions until he starts moving a bit, that reassures me When he is being active, he hits the 10 kicks in like 5 minutes LOL

February 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never done them unless I'm worried about not feeling baby for a little while. With this one, she is super active and spazzy so I never go very long throughout the day without feeling her.

February 20th, 2013, 12:00 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantingdragon View Post
No I never did with Drake. I just poke around or drink something cold if Im worried but usually a few pokes and this one pokes back

Aww dont stress too much, I know Ive said this before but I didnt feel Drake till 24 weeks. Its hard to wait and you worry but its hard for first time moms as you dont know what you are looking for a lot of times too. Im sure in retrospect I must have felt something earlier, like little flutters but I just wasnt sure and it wasnt until I felt like a genuine kick did I count it as feeling the baby. Youll feel them soon I promise.

Thanks I know some of you ladies had told me this before. it just does make me super worried. 21 1/2 weeks and still nothing. But being a FTM and was told about the placenta being in front you feel it later. I may or may not have felt some flutters but I am not sure.
February 20th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiejo1982 View Post
Have you been told where your placenta is located? With both my girls it was in the front so I hardly felt them till closer to the end.

I haven't done any kick counts but he is active daily. I wont start doing the counts for a month or two still. I had to do them with the girls since I didn't feel much movement with them.

February 20th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No, I haven't started counting, but my little guy is crazy active and so I never worry. I don't go more than an hour without feeling him it seems. If he starts slowing down, I'll probably start counting, but at his most active he hits 10 kicks pretty quickly (and fiercely)

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 20th, 2013, 06:59 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This little girl moves all day long. I haven't given counting a thought. My dr never had me do them with DD either. She was also super active. At my last appt, the Doppler was giving the midwife a problem, so while she was trying to get it to work, she felt the tap dance show going on in there, so I don't think she is worried.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search