Tuesday Travel

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 10:16 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
When is the last time you went on a trip? Did you fly or drive? Where did you go?

February 19th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We go to Ohio to visit DH's mom every couple of months. It's only 5 hours away from here, so we drive.

I can't remember the last time we took a trip other than family visits...Maybe a long weekend trip to Sedona when we lived in Arizona. But that was several years ago.

February 19th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Besides going up north, the last trip the girls and I took was to MN to see my mom and sister last June. We drove. DH stayed home.

February 19th, 2013, 11:02 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
Our last trip was to Norfolk VA in Dec for the decommissioning of the USS Enterprise. We drove. No trips since and nothing planned. The kids are kind of bummed b/c we enjoy travelling and usually have something planned that we can all look forward to. But with trying to save for baby and not having any vacation time... we can't really plan a trip right now.
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

February 19th, 2013, 11:24 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We drove to Las Vegas for a weekend in October. But the last "real" trip was to North Carolina and Florida to visit DH's family. That was last June and we flew

February 19th, 2013, 12:22 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not counting the 2 hour trip east for the holidays - we went to Chicago in Oct. and flew. Our next big trip is Jan. 2014 to Miami and we will def. fly.

We do have a weekend trip planned to Houston over spring break, which is a drive for us.
February 19th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We flew to Texas (from NorCal) for xmas/new years, DH is from there and his whole family lives there. 4 hr flight, not too bad. We also had a longer flight when we went to/from our friends' wedding in North Carolina in October. Flying with a toddler is... different

In 2 months, my brother is getting married in China, but we are not going I just don't feel safe flying overseas at that stage of pregnancy (over 30 weeks), it is a 12 hr flight if you go direct. They will also have a reception over here though so of course I will attend that!

February 19th, 2013, 05:25 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
For New Years we drove 3 hours to my sister's beach house for the long weekend. But before then, the last real trip was when DH and I flew to Italy and Turkey in October for almost 2 weeks.
February 19th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We drove to Carson City to visit FIL for Christmas, then went to San Francisco to visit my family. DH hates flying, so we always drive.
February 19th, 2013, 08:23 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last time I took a trip was when I was pregnant with DD...in 2009! I flew out to Ohio to meet my mom and sister who live there and then we drove up to Portland, Maine. It was super fun although a 12 hour car ride at 9 weeks pregnant wasn't awesome at all.

I'm not much of a traveler so I don't really miss it; the thought of flying or a long car trip with a toddler (or a toddler AND a baby, oh my!) sends shivers down my spine so it'll be a while before we go on a big trip again. DH's family is spending a week in Hawaii in August and they want us to go, but we can't really afford airfare (accommodations are free because they have a time share) for all of us and Henry will only be a few weeks old so I don't think we'll go. Or maybe I'll just send DH and DD and have one of my family members come help with the baby while they're gone. That'd actually feel like a vacation to me!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 20th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Super Mommy
Our last trip was in August to see DH's mom, step dad, sisters and brother. We'll be going again in a couple weeks when DH is on spring break. It's only a 5 hour drive. Then at the end of next month we're flying out to San Antonio to visit my little brother, my SIL and my nieces, I'm so excited! I'm nervous about taking my two hooligans on a 3 hour plane ride, the last time I was on a plane, DS1 was only 11 months old. I really hope they'll behave. I'd love to also take a trip out to Colorado Springs again, I really miss my friends and my SIL and BIL and just Colorado in general. I'm thinking next September if we can swing it. It's about a 16-19 hour drive.
February 20th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Rochelle
It was in August to Oklahoma to visit Inlaws and then we travelled through Texas on the wy back home. I saw Dallas for the first time and got to see DH's childhood home from the street. He went up to the door but no one answered.

We have no plans for another trip anytime soon though we've had plans for years to go up North one winter when it's snowing for a few days so I can finally see snow. In our whole household DH is the only one who's seen snow before. It's never worked out so far to go but maybe this winter will work out. who knows.
February 20th, 2013, 11:09 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last trip we took was to Norman, Oklahoma to see my family. We drove and with both kids it took us about 6 hours (it's usually closer to 5 without all the pee stops).

Next trip we are taking is to Austin, Tx for our friends wedding...most importantly, it will be just us! No kids!!!

February 20th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We went to California for Christmas. We flew this time, since it's a 2 day drive from here. Hoping to change that soon.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search