2 under 2...anyone else?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By KellBell2621
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By safarilime
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By 8miraclez
  • 1 Post By farmfourmama
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By morgankaedenmadisonsmommy
  • 1 Post By Karen78
  • 1 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By LisaS
  • 1 Post By D&K's_mama
  • 1 Post By Threeunderthree

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Super Mommy
Just wondering if anyone else will be having kids close in age..or already do. My DS will be 18 months old when DD arrives so I will have 2 kids under 2. I'm definitely already feeling that 'mommy guilt' that my son won't get 100% of the attention but at the same time, I'm confident that both my babies will be taken care of and loved to the fullest! Any advice or anyone else have the same concerns?
February 19th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Rochelle
They'll be fine and the best of friends. From what I've heard some things are much easier when they're close together. One thing to their benefit is they will probably be at the same school a lot just one or two grades apart.

My closest in age will be my DD2 and this one at 2 yrs 10 months. But it's the 1st time I'll have 2 under 3y/o.
KellBell2621 likes this.
February 19th, 2013, 12:47 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My first two are 18 months apart and they are very close. It was difficult to juggle at first but we got into our own groove fairly quickly. This baby and Everett will be 22 months apart give or take. It can be a struggle but honestly I love the 18 month gap.
KellBell2621 likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Super Mommy
that is good to hear. i mean we did plan this and a huge factor was that i wanted my kids to best friends and grow up together (me and my brother are almost 6 yrs apart and just never became real close and that always bothered me) and yes they will be only a year apart in school since DS has a late december bday. I'm excited
4hearts likes this.
February 19th, 2013, 01:01 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DD will be 2 years 7 months when this one is born as I personally didnt want them too close together. Im sure my hands will be full anyways!
KellBell2621 likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 01:39 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
Yup. My son with be almost 18 months apart when his brother is born. I am excited. I wanted then this close
KellBell2621 likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Baby is due just 3 weeks after M turns 2, so we will be cutting it close to the 2 under 2 mark!! I think it is a great spacing, pretty close to what we aimed for. We might have a bigger spacing for trying for #3 though, my 1st tri was ROUGH on all of us. I am not too worried about the spacing for the kids though. M is really a toddler now and she will be in preschool 2 mornings a week and it won't be too bad. What I really cannot imagine is "Irish twins" I'm sure it's a fun wild ride but I just need a bit more break in between the infant care times!
KellBell2621 likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 01:55 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Depending on when this one arrives, they will be 2yrs apart. My first 2 are 15mths apart and I have 2 that are 13mths apart. You can do it.
KellBell2621 likes this.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
February 19th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Veteran
My first two were 14 months apart(on purpose believ it or not baha what was I thinking??)
But we're both girls and are the best of friends
My next two are 23 months apart.
An baby and my son will also be 23 months apart!

Birthdays:
June 2008
August 2009
July 2011
Baby June 2013

I've never made it over 2 years!
And I wouldn't change a thing!! My kids get along sooo well! And when we transition to having kids in school there will be no more pregnancies! So I'm happy about that!!

My sister in law also has two 19 mos apart and had her third 22 months after her second! And we both agree its busy but you're already busy so it's the family life you're used too!
KellBell2621 likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our first two children are 22 months apart. I will speak honestly. It was hard the first 5 years. Now I know that I have given them the greatest gift in life. Anything your first loses in attention is exchanged for the gift of having someone so close in age. I kinda feel disappointed that Ellianna will never have that experience (our first two are 8 and 10).
KellBell2621 likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Super Mommy
My two boys are 23 months difference and are really close. My little brother and I are 23 1/2 months apart and we were really close growing up, I feel like he's the only person who can understand everything about our upbringing. My youngest brother is 7 years younger than I am and I am also very close with him, since our mom wasn't around much while we were younger, I've always felt kind of like I was more of his mother than his big sister. This baby and my youngest will be, give or take, 4 years difference. My hubby and his younger brother are 14 months difference and they are the best of friends.
KellBell2621 likes this.
February 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
My boys are 18 months apart and I love it! It was so easy going from one to two at those ages. I felt more guilty when Madison was born and my oldest was 4 because I felt that he noticed the baby getting a lot of attention more than a younger child would and I tried to show him more attention in return. No problems with Kaeden who was 2 1/2 when Madison was born. I guess I don't like big age gaps.
KellBell2621 likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
My son and this baby will be 23 month apart. I'm very nervous too about the attention spreading. But yeah, siblings close in age are great! My older brother and I are exactly 23 months apart, and my younger brother and I are a little over 2 years apart. We are all very close now!
KellBell2621 likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My due date is EXACTLY 2 weeks after my son's 2nd birthday. In fact, my original due date was May 17th (my son's birthday). Sooooooo...we're cutting it pretty close, lol.
KellBell2621 likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 19th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My 2 kids right now are 19 months apart and I love it! I wish we had decided on #3 sooner, because there will be a 3 year gap between the two younger kids now. I was lucky in that my sister was in college at the time, so she came and stayed with us for the whole summer and was essentially DD's nanny. It was nice because DD still had someone to give her a lot of attention and I was able to focus on the baby...but I had a meltdown after she left because I felt like I couldn't do it all by myself, so DH took a couple of days off work to help with the transition. LOL! Once you figure out your groove, it's a great thing. And as they get older and interact with each other more, it's super fun!
KellBell2621 likes this.
February 19th, 2013, 06:46 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first 2 are 15 months apart and so will this one and dd. I love how close my first 2 kiddos are and looking forward to how close these 2 will be! Even tho having 2 under 2 def is Alota work!
KellBell2621 likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Im going to have 3under 3 my son and daughter are the best of driends dh took my son with him while I looked at baby clothes today and my daughter was going whares buddy guy? & when they woke up from there naps my son was doen stairs and she was just waaking up she started lookin gor him went into his room and was like whares buddy guy.. And got sad cause she couldent find him.. She would be lost without him and shes probly going to be the same with our third I can allready here her whares baby? Ha ha.
KellBell2621 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search