I'm back. OH! And NEW DUE DATE! July 19th!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 06:42 PM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
Hey, guys. I know I haven't posted in, like, forever. I've been keeping tabs on all of you though. It's been nice popping in to see what's going on, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to joining in on all the celebrating. I've had a really hard time relaxing and feeling good about this pregnancy. I'm not as excited and happy as I should be. I have my 17 week ultrasound coming up in the morning. I realize now that the reason I've not gotten excited is, in the back of my mind, I expect something to be wrong. If you look at my internet browsing history, it's either cloth diapering websites or late term abortion for medical reasons. I wish I could just be excited like fist time moms are supposed to be, but I can't. It's just not there for me. I'm mainly just scared that the other shoe is waiting to drop.

Last edited by lalap; February 21st, 2013 at 06:29 AM.
February 19th, 2013, 07:02 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Oh Hun hugs! I hope that your u/s shows a beautiful healthy baby and then you can enjoy your pregnancy!

February 19th, 2013, 07:32 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow! I am so sorry I can't imagin. Lots of hugs. I am sure everything will be perfect! And get excited! This is your beautiful baby who you will have for the test of your life to love you no matter what. Enjoy it! It is priceless. Hope you cheer up. Thinking of you.

Dam spell check sry for the typos

February 19th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope you get reassurance at your appt so you can enjoy this journey!
February 19th, 2013, 08:10 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand. I am just now starting to get excited and I am 22 weeks. The innocence is lost when you are pregnant after a loss.

With B1, it wasn't until well past 24 weeks that I started to relax and I still had panic moments when he didn't move enough.

Hugs. I hope you get reassurance tomorrow.
February 19th, 2013, 08:12 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm glad to hear from you, wondered how you've been. So sorry you are having a rough time. I will be thinking of you tomorrow, KUP!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

February 19th, 2013, 09:36 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I hope that everything goes fantastically at your ultrasound tomorrow and that you can come back and update us with lots of healthy baby news. Hang in there. It is okay that you aren't excited yet. You have been through a lot. It will come back Can't wait to hear back tomorrow!

February 20th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I was just wondering about you the other day. I figured you had moved to the July DDC, but I hadn't gone searching. Glad to see you're still with us! I hope your u/s goes well this morning and you get the reassurance you need about your baby!

February 20th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Super Mommy
I think it's really normal to not want to get too excited. I've had a hard time with it, even though I only knew I was pregnant for a week or so before I miscarried. I am now finally starting to get excited about it, but I still feel like I'm waiting for something to turn up wrong. I say just take it one day at a time, that's what works best for me.
February 20th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Rochelle
I'm sorry you've had a rough time with the fear and I hope your appointment goes good today. I was thinking about you recently and am glad you're back. Are you having a girl? Or do you know?
February 20th, 2013, 11:58 AM
What time today? I have been thinking of you all morning.
February 20th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Thinking about you!

February 20th, 2013, 02:06 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Thinking of you and hoping the appt went well and the u/s put your mind more at ease. I have felt the same way this pregnancy and I don't think i will feel "totally okay" until I hit 24 weeks and the baby is considered viable if early labor were to occur.

Miscarriage does take a lot of the joys out of it.

Please let us know how the appt went today.

~Kristin~
February 20th, 2013, 03:43 PM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
Hey guys. The ultrasound went really well! Everything looked great. But of course, I opted to go ahead and have the blood screen done as well, so that should come back in about 5 days. It was really cool seeing it move around and wave its little hands. It looked like a skeletor, but it was still reassuring. I'm feeling much more relaxed now.
Thanks so much for your support. You guys are amazing.
We're staying on team green for now! We had the tech write the gender down in an envelope, but we're not looking for the time being. I love surprises.
February 20th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Wonderful news! Yay for a healthy baby!

February 20th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Rochelle
Yay for a healthy baby! KUP'd!
February 20th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Glad all went well,congrats on a healthy baby.
February 20th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Congratulations on a healthy baby!
February 20th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So glad your u/s went well, that was huge for me with M. Although I still avoided buying stuff and getting organized until well into the third tri when she started practically bruising me with all her kicking and it was all getting very real!! Not to mention the nesting hormones hit. And then I basically went crazy with setting up! Lol. Don't worry hun, when you've had loss and you are a worrier, it takes time to believe it will really happen. Hugs and congrats!!!

February 20th, 2013, 09:20 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I am so thrilled for you that the ultrasound went great! I admire all you team green mama's! I wouldn't be able to take the suspense and would have to find out lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search