Weepy weepy morning

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 05:41 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
So, I woke up this morning... tired as all get out. I have an appointment at 945 with the ob.
I run, do some yoga, take a shower and then proceed to get dressed.
Went to kohls last night with the husband, got rushed through choosing a few items from their extremely limited maternity section.
Anywho, put on pants... they make me feel disgusting and fat. Try on other pair, same thing. Resolve to return both pair because I am not comfortable in them and I won't wear them. Realize I have no other clothes (pre pregnancy clothes aren't an option anymore, really).
Weigh myself.
Break down.
Spend 45 minutes weeping on the bathroom floor.
Put on high waisted leggings to support belly, rig pre-preg jeans with huge rubber bands. Still feel absolutely disgusted with myself.
I've spent the whole morning shaming myself and my body and realizing that my stomach is only going to get bigger... big enough for small objects to orbit, probably.

I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I do. I was just starting to get comfortable with my body, and now I feel like I have no control. I'm seeing flab that isn't there, obsessing over the stomach flab I do have and making big deals out of small things that shouldn't matter and basically feeling pretty awful.

Am I alone in this? I feel like I'm going to be teary eyed all day.
February 21st, 2013, 02:27 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just seen this...Hugs hun. Although i dont hate on my bod when preg I cant wait for summer so I can get back in shape.

February 21st, 2013, 02:29 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I get like this not pregnant but when I'm pregnant there is a purpose to the belly. Hugs Hun! I bet you look beautiful.

February 21st, 2013, 02:31 PM
Super Mommy
I am pretty hard on myself too. I hate putting on weight after having worked so hard to lose it, but I keep reminding myself that if I've done it before, I can do it again.
February 21st, 2013, 02:40 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
i love being pregnant
its one excuse you have to look round
i dont have to worry whats bulging where

February 21st, 2013, 03:57 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am definitely more comfortable with my pregnant body than not pregnant! My belly roll has turned into a baby bump- no need to suck it in or choose clothes to hid it.

Girl, you're housing another person in there! Flaunt it. Enjoy it. Worry about getting back into shape later.

Hope you feel better.
February 21st, 2013, 04:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If u have an h&m close to you go there for clothes they are super cute and make me feel good wearing them as I am a house these days. Also target has cute clothes. Hope u feel better soon!

February 21st, 2013, 05:56 PM
Veteran
girl I can relate to this post every single day. I just wear sweat pants and t-shirts with tennis shoes every day because ya those are the options I have I am so dang huge right now... and knowing that I will be getting much bigger is so scary to think about for me. I just really want the baby to be here and I really just want to lose this disgusting weight and not feel so handicapped by this big belly with back aches, nausea, etc. I just wanna feel like myself again. Come on June!! Hang in there <3
February 21st, 2013, 08:08 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had such a rough morning! I def know how you feel. Watching myself get bigger and bigger just sucks, especially because I don't even have that cute, round pregnant look. I just look like I swallowed a watermelon sideways. Maybe you could go online and try to find some maternity clothes that make you feel pretty? I got some really comfortable and great fitting jeans at Old Navy online. They don't look maternity at all. And maybe get a great pair of shoes just because you deserve them! I hope tomorrow is a better day for you! Hugs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search