plus size maternity wear

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MissyBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so usually I don't go out blabbing my size to everyone, but I am having issues.

I have mentioned in the past I had big weight loss success right before I got pregnant.

It took me about 6 months at the gym to go from a size 28 to a size 20 (almost an 18!).

My previous pregnancy with Sebastian I was a size 24 and I didn't gain any weight, and I was able to just wear my regular jeans with a belly band around so i could keep them up and upzipped.

Well, because I am now smaller, my pregnant belly juts out further and this option is no longer working out. Plus I'm convinced this baby is trying to live under my ribcage for as high as she wants to carry.

Do any of you plus size ladies buy or wear maternity pants? If so, where did you buy them? Or do you have some other option. I am thinking of just switching to yoga pants, but I dont want to look like a bum either.

February 20th, 2013, 07:25 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Target and Sears hun. I just bought two pairs of pants one pair of yoga pants and one pair of jeans. They were in the maternity section at target. And they have plus size maternity at both places. And I love my new maternity yoga pants. Also bought two maternity shirts. And while i was there they had lots of size 16 and 18 which is what sizes I was looking for...and i seen bigger sizes.

February 20th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Super Mommy
i'm normally an 18/20 as well and old navy has had some good stuff. i order/buy an XL and everything fits well. i also bought a few things from kohls (i noticed their pants are bit on the shorter side though)
February 20th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Rochelle
I'm size 18 pants and size L-XL shirts (198 lbs). I have had some success at Kohls and got a nice spring/summer maternity wardrobe from there last time. I think size 18 is their largest size in maternity and I forget if they have a plus size maternity section. Now I'm going to go look in my box to see.. BRB
February 20th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Rochelle
Ok, I have a couple of XL capri's that are bellow the belly cut. All the shirts are XL. I have a huge butt and thighs and can wear the XL's. But I'm a little sad bc I though I had more than that. Big flowy skirts are another option at least around the house. Right now I'm still able to wear PJ pants and exercise/lounging shorts around the house with no prob but I'm also carrying high this time.

Anyways, now I'm guessing that either Kohls doesn't have a plus size maternity section or I thought it all was ugly. I may have to get the Charge card and go get more clothes next month for me bday.

Ross or TJ-Max are another couple of places I've had success at in the past.
February 20th, 2013, 09:18 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
destination maternity has some great plus size yoga pants and jeans. I'd go and try then on though some 1x fit me great with room to grow and others I neede the 2x in. I am 20/22 before pregnancy *gasp* I think thats the first time I ever put that in print. LOL

February 20th, 2013, 12:33 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can feel your pain. I lost almost 100 pounds over the last couple of years and I HATE wearing clothes that are too tight for me, because they make me feel fat. I went from a 24/26 to a 14/16. Well... everything I own is too tight now! I got rid of all my bigger clothes, so I can't fall back on those.

I got some maternity jeans at Motherhood Maternity (the ones at Target were WAY too long for me because I'm so short and they didn't have petite) that I love. They have the big band thing that goes over my belly, so it helps to shape it a little, because it is not rounded out and cute yet. Just huge and fat looking and two bumps. Empire waisted type tops help me look and feel more pregnant than I actually look. I ordered some stuff from Old Navy the other day because some things were on sale and I got them in the mail today... hope they fit! I LOVE the fold over yoga/workout pants from Old Navy. I tried on some maternity ones and they were HUGE on my belly and super tight on my legs. Plus way too long. But the regular (non-maternity) ones are great because they go up over my belly, which helps give it some shape and support and I haven't had to buy any new ones because I had 2 different sizes at my house and they are stretchy.

I looked at Sears and Kohls and some other places and have had no luck. So far Old Navy has been my lifesaver! Hope you find some pants!!
sunnydaze likes this.
February 20th, 2013, 01:56 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I can't win, they are either too tight or they are saggy! It sucks! I found some adorable tops at old navy. I need to get to motherhood.

February 20th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Mommy to Be
Im usually a 16 in pants, I've been buying XL maternity pants, i have some from kohls, burlington coat factory & target. The problem I find is in the butt and thighs area, like until their worn in some they feel like theyre suffocating me. I actually prefer to buy them already worn from the thrift store so I dont have to wear them in lol

February 20th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I picked up some yoga pant type things from walmart on clearance for 9 bucks each and I bought a new pair of regular jeans, just in a bigger size. They didn't have "maternity" shirts but i did pick up a couple longer tshirts as well. Not the prettiest things in the world, but practical.

Also, I scored some cute slip on shoes at payless for 17 bucks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search