The dirty side of mommyhood

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 09:50 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ya know those moments no one ever told you about before becoming a mom? Last night was one of those horrible moments (although not my first). First J woke up and came in my room around 2am running a fever and saying she didn't feel good. We let her in bed with us, got her some Tylenol and all went back to sleep. Around 3am, Kiefer woke up crying. DF went to get him and said he also felt like he was running a fever. Got him some Tylenol and put him in our bed. Both kids were clinging all over me so we decided DF should move to Jaleigh's bed so he could get some sleep and so the rest of us would have some room. At 5am, the plague hit. I woke to the smell of puke but both kids were still sleeping. Almost immediately, Kiefer woke up throwing up all in my bed. He threw up on Jaleigh and she slept through the whole thing so I had to wake her up. While DF and I were stripping the bed and Kiefer, and washing the puke out of mine and Jaleigh's hair, Jaleigh started throwing up. Thank god she is old enough to throw up in the toilet! As soon as the puking came to a stop, Kiefer started having explosive diarrhea. Between cleaning all that up and sitting in the bathroom with Jaleigh while she continued to dry heave, I started thinking how its amazing that no one ever shared any stories like this with me before I kids...but now that I have kids, other parents are never shy to share their horror stories

Sooooo.....anyone have any good mommy horror stories to share??

February 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, you poor things! I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

I remember when Fiona was 2 weeks old, DH and I both came down with the worst flu of our lives. We were both so sick that we literally couldn't get out of bed. I called my mom who lived 4 hours away and begged her to come take care of Fiona. She was there as quick as she could, and stayed for 2 full weeks to take care of Fiona and us. I don't know what we would have done without her!

February 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ooooo...pretty similar, lol.

The first time my son got the stomach bug he thought it was hilarious that he was throwing up and went running around upstairs (carpeted) leaving a trail of puke behind him.

The next time he got the stomach bug (and then the flu...and double ear infections and then back to back colds *sigh*) he was feeling miserable. Every few minutes he'd puke and scream and then have horrible diarrhea. Oh the sobs! It broke my heart! He went through every set of PJs he had, we ran out of wipes, and he had several baths in one night. Truly awful. I felt doubly awful for him because he wanted to nurse during all of this but I had dried up weeks ago and the pregnancy made me feel very tender. Breastmilk would have been a Godsend at that point

From Thanksgiving to New Years my whole family was just out and out SICK. I had horrific morning sickness, DH caught Alex's various sicknesses, and Alex just kept getting new things. I was a walking zombie. No sleep and no clean clothes.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 20th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been where you are last night hahaha it's NOT fun.

I have so many of these kinds of stories. I remember when DD was little and I had her in the carrier and she had such explosive diarrhea that it went EVERYWHERE all over my pants/the carrier/her outfit.....I was on the subway downtown heading home. I had to stand for 30 mins with diarrhea all over me because no amount of baby wipes was cleaning that up.

DD is old enough to throw up in the toilet but she refuses. She somehow thinks throwing up in my bed is better and when she's sick she likes to sleep ontop of me. One time she vomited ALL over my face and down my shirt. Just a couple of months ago we woke up and she was in our bed and I thought she was just coughing but really she was throwing up all over my duvet/pillows/clothes. So I put her on the floor and she threw up all over the floor and the pile of clean laundry I had sitting there.

On the weekend I had just given DD a bath and dressed her and she ran to the bathroom about 30 mins later. She told me to come help her and there was poo and diarrhea all over her legs and toilet seat. The smell made me start dry heaving.

The WORST is when they have diarrhea and vomiting. I don't even want to type those stories because usually I end up throwing up as well.

Isn't parenthood lovely

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 20th, 2013, 11:24 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh BTDT.

So far DDs only puking episode had been when I was at the height of morning sickness.....12 weeks pregnant and gaggy as all get out and she wakes up at 1 am puke all over her bed and herself and on the floor. I get her cleaned up the whole time she is still bawling and DH is holding her as i am attempting to clean up as he wouldnt do it. She wanted mama and the crying made her puke again...so DH spun her around and it was like the exorcist puke hit the walls and floor of my hallway in about a 90 degree spray. Well i ended up cleaning her up again...cleaning up DDs room and the hallway. (Yep and wouldnt you know it i missed a spot of puke on the baseboards about half dollar in size that i found a month later when cleaning the floors) Anyway my DD was up til 5 am crying and puking....the last two times she puked on me....I didnt even bother putting a new shirt on after the first time. But that was awful i was gagging and puking myself trying to clean it up.

Also the drs claim that kids wont get fevers when teething...well thats a crock of crap cuz DD gets a fever every time she teeths...which always always leads to a rash...often going into the diaper area. Well this last time she got diarrhea on top of teething 3 of her 2 year molars at the same time...which led to a very raw and bleeding butt. So I tried a few cloth from a friend as they say that helps....well it didnt help at all. All the powder/creams/cloth diapers in the world doesnt fix it. Only them teeth finally coming in and the fever going away is the only way it started to clear up. And you feel soooo bad for them cuz their they are getting massive diarrhea blowouts on top of a rash and they cant potty without it hurting. And you cant clean them up without alot of tears and screaming. It breaks your heart.

February 20th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What? There's a dirty side?
haha.

Hope everyone feels better soon!
February 20th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Super Mommy
Oh geez, I have too many to even count. Just last week Gabe woke up in the middle of the night and crawled in bed with us. BUT, he had taken his pull up off first. Yep, pee all over our bed, and... I don't have a waterproof mattress cover. Blech. He also has a very sensitive gag reflex and throws up randomly once a week or so, lately (THANK GOD) he's gotten better about running to the toilet. We've had our fair share of blowout, the most memorable one happened when Isaac was just a month or so old and we were out at the thrift store, I had no change of clothes for him and it had shot all the way up his back and out the legs, EWW!!
February 20th, 2013, 01:50 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Oh my gosh, Katelynn had these episodes every night where she would vomit everywhere. We still don't know why but it happened every night for a few days she was fine during the day but at night puke it was awful. We took her to the doctor and they couldn't find anything wrong with her. She was almost 2 at the time it was so hard. And yuck yuck yuck!

February 20th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not even that bad, but we went to ikea over the weekend, had In N Out for lunch on the way there, and somehow DH let M have most of his chocolate milkshake. That was his first mistake. Second mistake: she was fussing in the checkout line so I said let her run around the warehouse area awhile and get tired for the car ride home. Apparently what he did was find a spinning office chair and spin her around on it a lot (she loooooves getting dizzy). When he was putting her back in the carseat, she had a massive foul barf from the depths of Hades. I kid you not, this was up there with the worst diarrhea smell... the most disgusting vomit I can imagine. I am still not sure why exactly it was so bad... It was *mostly* chocolate milk but other fast food and just a lot of bile ickiness. It was thick, brown, and PUNGENT. We did a full wardrobe change and went through a million disposable wipes wiping down M, ourselves, and the seat, but the smell was still horrible, I needed the air blasting on my face the whole ride home (1 hr) and could still smell it. I did a full Bac Out wipe down of the seat once we were at home, that dried, then the next day the car still smelled like disgusting vomit. So I busted out the secret stash of Clorox wipes (I try to stick to green cleaners but these are for emergencies lol) and wiped down the whole seat again, all the buckle crevices etc, I was actually loving the bleach smell and how it was killing the vomit smell and I am usually averse to all chemical smells like paint and bleach and stuff. Now the car finally does not smell very much like vomit, only very faintly when you are right up on the car seat, and it is going away, today I didn't notice it at all.

Oh and the best part was M saying "mess, mess!" And rubbing her hands in it and getting it everywhere... hooooo boy. She was not in the least upset about it and thought all our cleanup drama and antics were highly amusing.

February 20th, 2013, 02:07 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness, I have been lucky so far. Lots of colds and lots of rashes (aquaphor with tea tree oil mixed in is the ONLY thing that would clear up the diaper rashes DD got from teething, btw) but no puke or explosive poop since she was a little baby. There was one time when she was really tiny that I had her propped up on my knees and she had such a huge poop it ran all the way up her back, out through the collar of her onesie and into her hair and armpits. Being a FTM I had no idea what to do, lol. I took her into her room and put her on the changing table and just sort of spun around in circles, cracking up and not even knowing where to start. There was another time when she was about 18m old and we had just gotten her little training potty so I stripped her down and stood her next to it just to see what she would do. She walked around BEHIND the potty (this was in the living room) and just started to take a massive poop. I didn't even think, it was just reflex, but my hand shot out to catch it for some reason, and there I am with a huge steaming turd in my palm. I guess it was easier to wash than the carpet? LOL

The spit-up was insane. I smelled like sour milk for like 6 months. Not really looking forward to that again, but for some reason the gross stuff just isn't as gross when it's your own kid. You get used to it pretty quickly.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 20th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think Alex ever cut a tooth without getting a fever, runny nose, and an ear infection. My doctor kept saying they had nothing to do with each other but as soon as I see snot coming out his nose I immediately start his ear drops. We don't play around with it anymore.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 20th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG! How horrible!!! I can honestly say...the worst I've had to deal with was diarrhea in a diaper. *knock on wood*
February 20th, 2013, 11:34 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had a horrible flu-puke-diarrhea incident YET.

But there was a phase for about a month where almost everyday after he woke up from his nap DS would take his diaper off and poop in his crib. Then he would spread it EVERYWHERE. I mean, all over the bed, himself, HIS FACE. He would throw it, step in it, everything. He was like a frickin' monkey. Disgusting little child. And he would poop in the tub literally every time. It was like he was saving the poo for bath time. I could have KILLED him it was so bad. Grrr.... so glad he finally grew out of that.

February 20th, 2013, 11:48 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg Valerie!!! Just...Oh. My. God! Ewwwwwww you poor thing. (My youngest bro did the paint with poo bit twice to my mom and I remember how bad that was...) whew I cant even imagine that on a regular basis! Yuck.

February 21st, 2013, 12:32 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, nearly put him on the street with a "for free" sign because of it LOL jk
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 03:35 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I honestly have never had a story like that! KNOCK ON WOOD. My dd has had colds and ear infections but she has only puked ONCE and that was when I wasn't home, dh was home with her. He brought her to the grocery store when she was sick and she puked in the isle and in his hands as he tried to cup it. When she got home she puked once more and that was it. She has had diareah when she was a baby and now that she is older, it's not been a big deal as she makes it to the potty.

You poor thing, that story is epic!!

February 21st, 2013, 05:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When Alex was 3 or so, and just learning how to talk, he was so sick one time, he was vomiting and had pooped himself at the same time.

For some reason, he gets naked when he is sick (still to this day, you can tell he is sick if he takes off all his clothes and gets under the covers). So he was on all hours in his room by the time i got there, puke in the front, poop in the rear and he was crying all pitiful and saying

"My *****! Wipe my *****!" I quit using that word around him anymore LOL.

February 21st, 2013, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh poor you! I have many stories of puke all over my bed and everywhere else. DS is now 5 and knows he has to throw up in the toilet but sometimes he can't make it and pukes all over. And to thnk I gonna have to this all over again lol hope everyone feels better.

February 21st, 2013, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was laughing so hard I had to share the story with dh!
I have tons of stories bc dd was a super pooper when she was little and has always been a super puker...yuck!
A few stand out right now. So when dd was almost 2 or so we were driving back from somewhere and we got in town and she had just had eaten a banana and took a nap and all the sudden I look in the back seat and she is projectile vomiting like the exorcist a stream of banana from a dead sleep, it kept coming and coming UGH! I slammed on the breaks and had to put her head down so she didn't choke. Thank goodness we were close to home. That was a nasty clean up.

Most recently around Thanksgiving dd was sick and I was newly pregnant, I put her to bed in her bed a few hours later I hear her crying I go in and she puked in her sleep and it woke her up she was covered head to toe, her bed was covered.. Thank god she can now tell me when she is going to throw up now. So I rush her in the bathroom she stinks so bad she starts to puke again in the toilet. I am dry heaving and I apparently had to pee so bad that bc I was dry heaving I peed my pants at the same time hahaha. I was yelling for dh to wake up bc I could not stand the smell without puking my self. It was horrible middle of the night escapade.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search