Pediatricians

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Rochelle
I'm actually pretty excited about this subject bc years ago we had a family dr who was a pretty natural dr and was cool with us about anti-vax. Still offered but didn't give us a speech. We used him for DD1 and DS and DH and I had been patients of his too but he was a little weird to talk to and also blamed every ailment over the sun on what we eat. We got annoyed and left his practice partially for those reasons and partially bc his office staff was rude. My last OB the one who delivered DD2 is also a family dr so I switched all the kids to him and made him my primary too. Well, he was pretty rude and impersonal and ALWAYS gave us a hard time about vax. The only reason I used him to begin with was bc he was willing to let me try a VBA2C. Well, I decided I would bite the bullet and try to get our original family dr back bc after trying a few dr's out in between him and the dr we just had, we realized how he was our best bet. I was afraid he would deny taking us all and the new baby but the lady I dealt with was pretty nice and now we're ALL set up to have him as a primary. I really like that. DH actually has a physical with him in a couple of weeks so I hope it all goes well.
February 20th, 2013, 06:23 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be using the pediatrician I use for the other kids. She came highly recommended when J was 2 and I needed to find a new dr for her (our previous dr moved). I absolutely love her. I lucked out an she was taking new patients at the time. Since then, she has a wait list for all new patients. Luckily for us, if you have a sibling that is already an established patient new babies are automatically allowed in without waiting.

February 20th, 2013, 06:38 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to use the same practice my son uses. Maybe Ill contact them to tell them Im expecting.
February 21st, 2013, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be using dd's doctor for these babies The only bad thing is bc I will be delivering at the University in IC and dd's dr. is a different city about an hour away( I live halfway between both cities) so I will have to use the an IC ped dr. at first.

February 21st, 2013, 11:56 AM
Silvinsky's Avatar Member
In Italy there is a pediatrician offered by the state (completely free), when the child was born within a few days you go to the ASL and choose from a list of available pediatricians. Within 15 days after birth is made the first visit and then, in the first year of life, every month you go to the doctor to make an assessment of the health and growth of the child. It usually takes a telephone appointment, so as not to risk going into his office and having to wait a long time.
I, having a child, I have a pediatrician and, in this case, automatically my second child will have the same pediatrician sister.
For now, I have always found it well, controls growth and diseases, but nothing forbids me to change it (if I stopped to stay well, choosing another free) or go to a private pediatrician for a fee.

February 21st, 2013, 12:25 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We're very happy with our pediatrician practice for the girls, so we will take this new baby there. It's a large practice and I love all of the doctors. One of them is my neighbor. I've never felt pressured into using formula, sleep training, etc. They respect my decisions as a parent. We even had the doctors call me on the weekend to check up on Abri because we had so many issues and illnesses with her. The only issue is that I will (hopefully) be delivering at a different hospital in the next city over. My pediatrician's office doesn't see patients there. We'll just see a staff pediatrician for the initial check up in the hospital and just schedule with my pediatrician's office for the first office visit that next week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search